Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Foam cannons

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 10:49 AM
Bikeman
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Foam cannons

Normally hand wash my car.I have a 3000 psi pressure washer. Does using a foam cannon with washer still require a hand rubdown even for slightly dirty vehicles? If so I can’t see the advantage. What foam gun off amazon and soap do you guys rec.If the job ommitts hand rub with good results I could see how it’s a lot faster and easier.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:17 PM
walker3
Le Mans Master

Received 137 Likes on 87 Posts

good question - I tried the foam gun - still need to hand wash - so agree what is the benefit (may removed bulk dirt but a high pressure hose does that also)
The following users liked this post:
Bikeman (11-14-2018)
Old 11-15-2018, 04:19 PM
yamabob
Drifting

Received 743 Likes on 471 Posts

Foam guns and cannon's are used in conjunction with shampoo's designed to foam and dwell. These are used on moderately to heavily soiled vehicles. Before putting cloth/sponge/mitt to paint you want to remove as much dirt/grime as possible. The guns/ and cannon in tandem with the foaming shampoo and left to dwell lifts a lot of the filth away. Rinse and wash after that. Lightly soiled cars do not really need to be foamed. In those cases a good pre-soak ( I like to perform a 2 step pre-soak) will loosen up or rinse away the larger or built up dirt.
The following users liked this post:
Bikeman (11-15-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Foam cannons

Quick Reply: Foam cannons