Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Wheel Cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 01:23 AM
Sixgun95
Drifting

Received 238 Likes on 127 Posts

Default Wheel Cleaner

Been using Chemical Guys Diablo and their Citrus Gel. Both work good, can't really tell much difference, Diablo may be slightly better. Read all the rave about Sonax, so I tried it. $16 for a bottle that will maybe do 6 rims, again no difference from the Chemical Guys products. Each is sprayed on, sits then need to be agitated. No such thing as spray on and spray off....I don't think. All cleaned equally as good, only difference I can tell is the price. With a gallon from Chemical Guys at $50 ish and lasts me about 6 mo, 18 - 24 washes or so, I will stick with them.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:05 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,232 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Not a fan of any of the Chemical Guys wheel cleaners. The closest thing you will find to a spray-on/rinse-off wheel cleaner is one that is made specifically to remove iron. I was tired of buying separate iron-removers for the wheels and safe pH-balanced iron-removers for the paint, so I just buy ones that will do both jobs. I usually buy gallons of it in bulk, but in a pinch, I have bought a few bottles of Meguiar's new Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner. It is safe for paint, so I use it to decon my daily driver, which is white, and shows every orange iron speck clear as day. The Meguiar's works great. My local Wal-Mart sells it for just $8 per bottle.

Old 01-18-2019, 11:05 PM
aligator
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

I like GP66. Amazon an other sellers.

Get notified of new replies

To Wheel Cleaner

Quick Reply: Wheel Cleaner