Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Torque Mirror Shine

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 02:25 PM
DFA
Pro

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts

Default Torque Mirror Shine

Anybody using Torque Mirror Shine ??
Thanks DFA
Old 01-26-2019, 03:00 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,235 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Another new company selling a $40 bottle of synthetic spray sealant? That is robbery. I stay far away from all these social-media-born companies selling like one product. These are aimed at the uneducated consumer browsing Facebook. There are a ton of high-quality spray sealants and spray waxes available from reputable and popular detailing product companies. And for a MUCH better value.

For example, my current go-to spray sealant is "Bead Maker" from P&S. This is an amazing durable sealant that provides quite a bit of protection, and it can be applied on paint, glass, chrome, etc. An entire GALLON is just $32 at Autogeek, and they usually have 20-25% off sales going. A gallon, for gawd's sake. Heck, I think a gallon of awesome Meguiar's D156 spray sealant is under $30 now.

You did good asking here first before buying, though. There are some very experienced pro detailers who can guide you towards better products for the dollar.
The following users liked this post:
Jaymison Tubbs (12-25-2019)
Old 01-27-2019, 05:42 PM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,713 Likes on 2,998 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I am willing to try any new paint enhancement/protection product & personally don't care that much about the price....as long as it works. This product has good reviews on Amazon
Old 01-27-2019, 08:55 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 449er
I am willing to try any new paint enhancement/protection product & personally don't care that much about the price....as long as it works. This product has good reviews on Amazon
Oh, I promise you that it "works". Basically, all synthetic spray sealants provide a small level of protection and will enhance the gloss of a base sealant or wax. However, at $40 per bottle, I can also promise you that it won't work any better than other popular products being sold for $10-20 per bottle. If you don't care about the price, that's great. Just know that for half the price, you can get a true ceramic-based product that will offer better protection. McKee's37 Hydro Blue SiO2 Coating is just $20 per bottle. I have noticed that the vast majority of these social media snake oil detailing products are always 2-3 times more expensive than similar products being sold by brand name detailing product giants. If you guys wait until February, Mother's is releasing their new spray-on SiO2 coating, and they said it will be less than $20 per bottle. And it isn't just a synthetic sealant or spray wax---it is a true coating.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:24 AM
jsans
Pro

Received 65 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by FYRARMS
Oh, I promise you that it "works". Basically, all synthetic spray sealants provide a small level of protection and will enhance the gloss of a base sealant or wax. However, at $40 per bottle, I can also promise you that it won't work any better than other popular products being sold for $10-20 per bottle. If you don't care about the price, that's great. Just know that for half the price, you can get a true ceramic-based product that will offer better protection. McKee's37 Hydro Blue SiO2 Coating is just $20 per bottle. I have noticed that the vast majority of these social media snake oil detailing products are always 2-3 times more expensive than similar products being sold by brand name detailing product giants. If you guys wait until February, Mother's is releasing their new spray-on SiO2 coating, and they said it will be less than $20 per bottle. And it isn't just a synthetic sealant or spray wax---it is a true coating.
It actually came to about 22 bucks a bottle with the 15% discount, free shipping, no tax, and 3 for the price of 2 promotion.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:52 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by John Santucci
It actually came to about 22 bucks a bottle with the 15% discount, free shipping, no tax, and 3 for the price of 2 promotion.
$22 is a lot of money for a no-name spray sealant.

Autogeek has a 25% off sale this weekend with $5.95 flat rate shipping. That means a gallon of the amazingly effective and proven-for-years P&S Bead Maker spray sealant will ship for about $30. A gallon. Before the 25% discount, you can get a bottle of incredible Gyeon WetCoat for $18.99. The new Mother's CMX Si02/Ti02 ceramic spray is $21.00. The list goes on and on.

I hope the "Torque Mirror Shine" works out for you. However, in the future, you may want to spend your money on quality, proven products from popular manufacturers. There are some very experienced professional detailers that test these products on their YouTube channels. Trust me, they will save you a LOT of money and let you know which products are the best bang for the buck. I hate seeing other Corvette owners waste money...

Get notified of new replies

To Torque Mirror Shine

Quick Reply: Torque Mirror Shine