Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

"Last Coat" Spray Sealer

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 06:47 AM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 136 Posts

Default "Last Coat" Spray Sealer

My current favorite spray sealer / drying aid is Bead Maker. Now I see there is a product called "Last Coat" (not to be confused with F-11) that some claim is better. What say the CF?
Old 05-20-2019, 11:10 AM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,238 Likes on 1,590 Posts

I refuse to waste money trying no-name snake oils until the pros test them. Then I sit back and smile when I see them all fail to perform as described. Jimbo is a pro detailer I follow on YouTube. He tests cheap vs. expensive products all the time and gives his honest review. Here, we see "The Last Coat" fail miserably to a simple mild pH-neutral wheel cleaner. This is the same wheel cleaner that a $6 bottle of Turtle Wax ICE spray wax actually held up against. LMAO! Stick with Bead Maker, as it is such an amazing topper for just $30 per gallon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEyJ...57621270091566
Old 05-20-2019, 11:14 AM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Speaking of which, the Turtle Wax ICE spray wax is, literally, the secret hero detailing product of the decade. It is $6 per bottle, available everywhere, is a polymer/carnauba hybrid, and actually lasts a really long time. If anyone is in a pinch to find a good quick detailer or spray product, run to WalMart and grab a bottle. Makes a great topper for other base waxes or sealants, too!
The following users liked this post:
ssg10587 (05-20-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 11:15 AM
ssg10587
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 82 Posts

Has solid reviews but it's also really expensive. Personally go with some of the better options like turtle wax ice sealant, bead maker or carpro hydro2.

And Jimbo is awesome ^^
FYRARMS (05-20-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 11:35 AM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ssg10587
Has solid reviews
There was a discussion about the social media snake oil spray "reviews" in a detailing group I follow. Everyone agreed that 99% of the reviews are from "Joe The Lazy Car Owner", who sprayed the stuff on his car, saw the shine, and instantly claimed "best product ever". But the same person never really tested the product against anything else in a true comparison. I refuse to believe any product reviews (especially ones posted on the manufacturer's website or FB page) until they come from professionals who give an unbiased opinion. I follow these guys regularly...

Auto Detailing Podcast
Forensic Detailing
Apex Detail
Dallas Paint Correction
Wax Mode
Old 05-20-2019, 11:39 AM
ssg10587
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 82 Posts

Wouldn't doubt it Fyr. Seems like a lot of these products come and go with people shilling them. I think Pantheorganizer has said it was good but I could definitely see him shilling stuff.

From everything Jimbo has posted, when in doubt just go turtle wax ice wax or sealant lol. I've been following him for a while.
FYRARMS (05-20-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 12:12 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ssg10587
I think Pantheorganizer has said it was good but I could definitely see him shilling stuff.
Pan is on my subscribe list, but he seems to have turned into a "sponsored advertisement" kind of guy now. I don't watch him any more.

From everything Jimbo has posted, when in doubt just go turtle wax ice wax or sealant lol. I've been following him for a while.
Jimbo is my favorite. Seems like just a super nice guy who really gives honest opinions. I am a big fan of Brian from Apex Detail, too. He really puts these products through the torture tests. Very technical reviews, too!

My friends who aren't gung-ho about car detailing always ask me what products they should buy when at Walmart or the auto parts store. Jimbo's reviews are what provide me with that info. I have turned quite a few friends on to ICE Spray Wax (and the new ICE Seal & Shine) and also Eagle One Wheel Cleaner for black and plastidipped wheels, which is a good iron remover for the wheels and the paint. Both of these products are incredible buys at around just $6 each!

Last edited by FYRARMS; 05-20-2019 at 02:15 PM.
ssg10587 (05-20-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 02:39 PM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,573 Likes on 2,165 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by FYRARMS
Pan is on my subscribe list, but he seems to have turned into a "sponsored advertisement" kind of guy now. I don't watch him any more.

Jimbo is my favorite. Seems like just a super nice guy who really gives honest opinions. I am a big fan of Brian from Apex Detail, too. He really puts these products through the torture tests. Very technical reviews, too!

My friends who aren't gung-ho about car detailing always ask me what products they should buy when at Walmart or the auto parts store. Jimbo's reviews are what provide me with that info. I have turned quite a few friends on to ICE Spray Wax (and the new ICE Seal & Shine) and also Eagle One Wheel Cleaner for black and plastidipped wheels, which is a good iron remover for the wheels and the paint. Both of these products are incredible buys at around just $6 each!
Have you "ponied" up for the Polish Angel High Gloss yet? Thinking about giving it a try. Liquid Gold, but I hear it gives a heck of a shine and a little goes a long way.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:41 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by capevettes
Have you "ponied" up for the Polish Angel High Gloss yet? Thinking about giving it a try. Liquid Gold, but I hear it gives a heck of a shine and a little goes a long way.
Mannnnnn, not yet. I am still having a hard time swallowing that price tag. $60+ for like 8oz is criminal. I would really like to try it, but just not sure if it will do anything that other spray waxes or gloss enhancers don't do for tons less money. Let's be honest... Say 90-95% of the paint gloss comes from the correction phase. The remaining percentage is whatever you put on top of the paint, right? Well, my paint is washed, clayed, iron decon'd, washed again, compounded, polished, IPA wiped, glazed, sealed, waxed, and topped with a spray sealant. How much glossier can it get?

Last edited by FYRARMS; 05-20-2019 at 03:41 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by FYRARMS:
capevettes (05-21-2019), CDNZ (05-21-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 11:17 PM
myredhead1
Melting Slicks

Received 431 Likes on 356 Posts

I think you would be more than pleased with the polish angel high gloss. I pondered for awhile bc of the price but I am glad that I finally did.
capevettes (05-21-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 12:02 AM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

I would have to justify the cost. Currently, my car is coated with an acrylic glaze, Collinite 845, and two applications of Bead Maker. It looks like it is covered in molten glass. Not sure what more a $60 spray would do for me. $60 buys 2 gallons of Bead Maker. Again, I would love to try it, but I am pretty sure that I would need one of those gloss meters to see if it did anything more, you know?

Last edited by FYRARMS; 05-21-2019 at 12:08 AM.
myredhead1 (05-21-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 07:11 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

I would have to justify the cost. Currently, my car is coated with an acrylic glaze, Collinite 845, and two applications of Bead Maker. It looks like it is covered in molten glass. Not sure what more a $60 spray would do for me. $60 buys 2 gallons of Bead Maker. Again, I would love to try it, but I am pretty sure that I would need one of those gloss meters to see if it did anything more, you know?
I agree with everything you said. My cars are probably similar to yours. They are all corrected and have a great shine. I'm going to order the Polish Angel today and let you know if it provides any further shine from an already "near perfect" finish.

Ordered 0730.

Last edited by capevettes; 05-21-2019 at 07:41 AM.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:16 AM
BIGMAC
Drifting

I am very happy with Bead Maker but I am always open to trying new stuff. The competition seems to be Polish Angel and now Last Coat but it would be difficult to see how the incrementally better results could justify the much higher cost!.. I just received my gallon refill of Bead Maker so I will go with it for now but consider Polish Angel and Last Coat for the future.

BIGMAC
Old 05-21-2019, 09:05 AM
charley95
Le Mans Master

Received 173 Likes on 124 Posts

I agree on "Pan", he just seems to advertise for everything he covers. I no longer trust his opinion anymore.
FYRARMS (05-21-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 09:14 AM
oemtech
Melting Slicks

Received 159 Likes on 116 Posts

Speaking of which, the Turtle Wax ICE spray wax is, literally, the secret hero detailing product of the decade. It is $6 per bottle, available everywhere, is a polymer/carnauba hybrid, and actually lasts a really long time. If anyone is in a pinch to find a good quick detailer or spray product, run to WalMart and grab a bottle. Makes a great topper for other base waxes or sealants, too!
Been using it a long time as a detailer. I also use Turtle Wax & Dry after hand wash amd blow dry with leaf blower. No water spots and nice shine to boot.

I still do my once a year clay bar, clenaer, polish, and sesler with my ROB.
FYRARMS (05-21-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 09:59 AM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Originally Posted by charley95
I agree on "Pan", he just seems to advertise for everything he covers. I no longer trust his opinion anymore.
I must agree on Pan The Organizer. I used to trust him as an independent reviewer but no longer. He had me fooled on his Top Coat review until he admitted the review was "sponsored" by the makers. It appears he has "sold out" for the $$$.

BIGMAC
FYRARMS (05-21-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 11:57 AM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by capevettes
I'm going to order the Polish Angel today and let you know if it provides any further shine from an already "near perfect" finish.
If you were closer I would have gone halfsies with you on a bottle. Hahaha!

Get notified of new replies

To "Last Coat" Spray Sealer

Old 05-21-2019, 12:06 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BIGMAC
it would be difficult to see how the incrementally better results could justify the much higher cost!
Yep! That is exactly what I am saying. Your correction (polishing) is what gives your paint the gloss. Any protection you add will just enhance it. I mean, let's say your car is super-polished to perfection, and you lay down a nice coat of your favorite sealant or wax. The next day, you take your $10 16oz bottle of Bead Maker and spritz half the hood. You take your $60 less-than-8oz bottle of Polish Angel and spritz the other half. Could you really see a big difference in gloss between them? If you can, is it worth the extra $50? Well, really the extra $110, because it is only like 8oz. You would need 2 bottles. LOL Believe me, I would love to try it, though!
Old 05-21-2019, 12:10 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by oemtech
Been using it a long time as a detailer. I also use Turtle Wax & Dry after hand wash amd blow dry with leaf blower. No water spots and nice shine to boot.
That is great to hear! I know of a few other pro detailers who will use it as well, especially in a pinch, or for customers on a tight budget.

Originally Posted by BIGMAC
I must agree on Pan The Organizer. I used to trust him as an independent reviewer but no longer. He had me fooled on his Top Coat review until he admitted the review was "sponsored" by the makers. It appears he has "sold out" for the $$$.
Yep. I stopped watching him a while ago. I really only trust the guys I listed above. Especially Jimbo. He holds nothing back in his reviews. He really listens to his followers when they suggest products for him to test, too. Pretty cool.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:12 PM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

If you were closer I would have gone halfsies with you on a bottle. Hahaha!
I wouldn't have refused LOL. This stuff better be good. 74 bucks with shipping. They claim a little goes a long way. They want you to spray it into a microfiber to spread it, then use a 2nd to buff it off. It seems to me the microfiber you spray it into will absorb alot of the product? I might be inclined to use a small microfiber applicator,so I use less product.
FYRARMS (05-21-2019)

Quick Reply: "Last Coat" Spray Sealer