Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

ALERT: Everyone go buy this ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 02:16 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,236 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Default ALERT: Everyone go buy this ASAP!

For less than $10 per bottle, you can have a hybrid spray wax/spray sealant that will add protection to your waxed or sealed paint for months. And, at such a cheap price, you could literally use this as a detail spray or after-wash drying aid once or twice per month and it could be the only means of standalone protection on your car.

Literally, this might be the perfect auto detailing product for multiple types of users:

a) For the "too many products to choose from and don't know what to buy" people.
b) For the "I don't have time to apply wax and buff it off" people.
c) For the "I don't spend a lot on my car care" people.
d) For the "I want the most durable store-bought product" people.
e) For the "I want something durable to extend my base wax/sealant" people.
f) For the "I am tempted by social media marketed wonder spray snake oils" people.

Guys, go buy a bottle of Turtle Wax ICE "Seal 'n Shine". Yes, I said Turtle Wax. I have tried their excellent ICE "Spray Wax" and was very impressed. "Seal 'n Shine" is their latest creation. They pretty much took the "Spray Wax" and blended in some VERY durable synthetic polymers and have created a giant-slayer of a product!

When I say "giant slayer", I am talking "David and Goliath" types of awesomeness. If you don't follow Brian from "Apex Detail" on YouTube, you should know that Brian is probably one of the best auto detailing product testers on the web. His tests are VERY thorough. He puts these products through torture tests, and judges the products for ease of application, water beading/sheeting properties, gloss enhancement, and resilience against popular chemicals. In his latest test, he puts this cheap Turtle Wax spray wax up against a $70 Polish Angel SiO2-infused sealant. $70. Guess which product won?

P&S Bead Maker is still my go-to spray product for adding a lot of gloss and for extending my sealant applications. However, I am going to be using the ICE Seal 'n Shine on my daily driver and do my own testing. Since I prefer to spend my OCD detailing time and effort on my Z06 and not on my daily driver, I am going to ONLY use spray products on my Infiniti G37X. I am going to apply Seal 'n Shine as my base protection, and will use Bead Maker once in a while as a drying aid. I want to see how well this combo performs.

I never thought I would say this, but "good job, Turtle Wax"!
The following users liked this post:
cor66vette (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 02:55 PM
CDNZ
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 65 Posts

Interesting, I'll probably grab some for my wife's Jeep and give it a whirl. I already have all I need for the Z, but the review is compelling. Thanks!
The following 2 users liked this post by CDNZ:
FYRARMS (06-19-2019), Gixxerman (07-22-2020)
Old 06-19-2019, 03:09 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by CDNZ
Interesting, I'll probably grab some for my wife's Jeep and give it a whirl. I already have all I need for the Z, but the review is compelling. Thanks!
That's the thing---it is SO cheap, it is still a deal even if it was only half as effective. This will probably be a perfect protectant for your wife's daily! Spray it on, wipe it off, and forget about it for a few months!
CDNZ (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 03:13 PM
yamabob
Drifting

Received 743 Likes on 471 Posts

Also cures baldness, upset stomachs and makes wife clean the house. Truly a wonder product
The following 3 users liked this post by yamabob:
BlackielawlessSS (07-25-2020), FYRARMS (06-19-2019), Gixxerman (07-22-2020)
Old 06-19-2019, 03:22 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by yamabob
Also cures baldness, upset stomachs and makes wife clean the house. Truly a wonder product

I feel sorry for all the suckers who spent $40-60 for a little bottle of "F11TopCoatTheLastCoatR1Torque" Facebook Miracle Sauce. Compared to a $9 bottle of Turtle Wax, they are all about as effective as a bottle of tap water.
The following 2 users liked this post by FYRARMS:
Gixxerman (07-22-2020), stig-zzz (06-23-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 03:40 PM
yamabob
Drifting

Received 743 Likes on 471 Posts

But,but, but it has to be good. I saw the car. Shhhh it was TW not F11 with zylomethahexatrioxidedymethyltrixane.
FYRARMS (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 04:18 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by yamabob
But,but, but it has to be good. I saw the car. Shhhh it was TW not F11 with zylomethahexatrioxidedymethyltrixane.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:51 PM
cor66vette
Le Mans Master

Received 1,308 Likes on 690 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Thanks for the tip. I placed an order just now. $5.99 Amazon
FYRARMS (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 08:03 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by cor66vette
Thanks for the tip. I placed an order just now. $5.99 Amazon
Score!

Just picked some up at Walmart on my way home from work for $6.97.
Carvin (07-12-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 08:24 PM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,558 Likes on 2,161 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Now that i just spent $75 on Polish Angel High Gloss!! Have you actually tried this new Turtle Wax Ice Seal and Shine? Sounds good.
The Polish Angel is impressing me more and more with each additional application.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:46 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by capevettes
Now that i just spent $75 on Polish Angel High Gloss!!
I hear ya! But, this stuff is so cheap. You have to get some now. LOL

Have you actually tried this new Turtle Wax Ice Seal and Shine?
Not yet. Bought a bottle tonight and will try it this weekend. I have used the similar ICE "Spray Wax", and was impressed with it. This should work just as well or better.
capevettes (06-20-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 10:58 AM
bigcypress
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 123 Posts

i use mcguires [sp?] ''fast finish'' sometimes and was thinking by now there must be a better alternative . read your thread and decided to get some of the stuff you suggested , get to end of thread and find now you are going to report on something even better . when we ''have a winner '' please let us know . thanks . . .peace
Old 06-20-2019, 11:53 AM
charley95
Le Mans Master

Received 173 Likes on 124 Posts

Fyrarms, your just costing me more $$! Got my gallon of BM today and now I have to go buy this new TW stuff! We expect a full review from you this weekend!
Old 06-20-2019, 12:18 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by bigcypress
i use mcguires [sp?] ''fast finish'' sometimes and was thinking by now there must be a better alternative . read your thread and decided to get some of the stuff you suggested , get to end of thread and find now you are going to report on something even better . when we ''have a winner '' please let us know . thanks . . .peace
I have a can of the Meg's Fast Finish. I have coated 3 different cars with it and still have like half the can left. That little can goes a long way! Good product!
Old 06-20-2019, 12:21 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by charley95
Fyrarms, your just costing me more $$! Got my gallon of BM today and now I have to go buy this new TW stuff! We expect a full review from you this weekend!
I am just trying to get you guys to spend more money on this stuff so I feel less bad about spending so much of my own.

I will definitely add my review to this thread. Supposed to rain all weekend, so I will try to get my daily washed and wiped down with the Seal 'n Shine tomorrow. Nothing like cleaning your car just to see how a new product works when it rains the next day. LOL
Old 06-20-2019, 12:44 PM
Z06_Ruff
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 174 Likes on 131 Posts
St. Jude Donor '19

I'm sold. I'll pick up a bottle and give it a try this weekend. Thanks for the tip.
FYRARMS (06-20-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 01:00 PM
BudgetPlan1
Le Mans Master

Received 1,033 Likes on 609 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by FYRARMS
When I say "giant slayer", I am talking "David and Goliath" types of awesomeness. If you don't follow Brian from "Apex Detail" on YouTube, you should know that Brian is probably one of the best auto detailing product testers on the web. His tests are VERY thorough. He puts these products through torture tests, and judges the products for ease of application, water beading/sheeting properties, gloss enhancement, and resilience against popular chemicals. In his latest test, he puts this cheap Turtle Wax spray wax up against a $70 Polish Angel SiO2-infused sealant. $70. Guess which product won?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFNCuKAJlYY
While I do enjoy the product testing on static panels and such, it can give a great indication of what *might* work in real world use, I'll generally wait until enough time has passed for the reviews on real world tests over time. Many YouTube testers like to test things by spraying a variety of chemicals on the surface which are meant to be illustrative of the 'hardiness' of the product being reviewed and while interesting, really doesn't give me a solid foundation as to how it will perform in the real world. Can't remember the last time my car was subjected to a shower of APC but I do know the last time my car was covered in a fine mist from a mosquito truck coming down the street, or tree sap mist, or the salt and chemical de-icers slathered on the roads in a winter climate, nor subjected to whatever is in the 'Clean Water Falling From Bridge' around construction sides which, well, is anything but clean.

There's a widely viewed test on YouTube of 34 or so sealants/coatings over the course of the last 18 months, the test panel sitting out in the backyard. NuFinish is kicking the life outta a lot of very popular products so many are declaring NuFinish to be somewhat miraculous, eliciting incredulous reactions. Problem being, that just tells me that NuFinish will hold up to rain, weather and whatever product the tester uses to determine how 'solid' the product is. Put that test panel on the hood of a car and let it accumulate some of the things I noted above and add road oil, road grime and just the general accumulation of the nasty world that paint can only be subjected to while out in a harsh world.

It's all very interesting and I'm fascinated by the testing and grateful to the folks who do it because it's gotta be a ton of work but rarely judge a product based upon static testing. End of the day, gotta use what works best for you as determined by real-world usage under your conditions; what might work great in middle Tennessee with it's somewhat temperate climate may wilt under the sun of a Arizona or get totally eaten alive when ya drive through a cloud of acid-filled love bugs in Florida.

I applaud those who take a well-reviewed product (or a crappy one for that matter) and give it a go in the real world and report back so be sure to let us know how it does going forward...I'm subscribed. Always kinda nice when people find success with something that others deride, usually without even trying it...just goes to show ya, ya just never know.
FYRARMS (06-20-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To ALERT: Everyone go buy this ASAP!

Old 06-20-2019, 01:53 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1
There's a widely viewed test on YouTube of 34 or so sealants/coatings over the course of the last 18 months, the test panel sitting out in the backyard. NuFinish is kicking the life outta a lot of very popular products so many are declaring NuFinish to be somewhat miraculous, eliciting incredulous reactions. Problem being, that just tells me that NuFinish will hold up to rain, weather and whatever product the tester uses to determine how 'solid' the product is. Put that test panel on the hood of a car and let it accumulate some of the things I noted above and add road oil, road grime and just the general accumulation of the nasty world that paint can only be subjected to while out in a harsh world.
I totally agree with you. I am very familiar with that video, too. The other thing they don't tell you is that NuFinish might be difficult to apply or remove, and might be dusty, etc. The longest-lasting product isn't always the "best" for each user.

Another popular YouTube tester "Waxmode" just did a 5-month real world test of both the Turtle Wax ICE "Seal 'n Shine" and Meguiar's "Hybrid Ceramic Wax". He applied both to his daily beater that also sits outside. Both products are still present on the panels (not sure how much), which is pretty impressive for cheap spray sealants. Nice to see big manufacturers offering durable and affordable car care products for the average consumer!

The following 2 users liked this post by FYRARMS:
BudgetPlan1 (06-20-2019), myredhead1 (06-22-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 09:51 PM
SixAddict
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,119 Likes on 764 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Ok I'm in, just ordered some from Amazon and like above posted got it for 5.99 free shipping.
FYRARMS (06-21-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 10:10 PM
Red Devil
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 93 Posts

I don't believe this can be used on a vehicle with ceramic coating, can you confirm?

Quick Reply: ALERT: Everyone go buy this ASAP!