Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Vehicle condition agreement

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 12:17 AM
Ray66
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vehicle condition agreement

This is a contract that you can present to any dealer or repair shop before they fix your car. I would like feedback on how it sounds and if I should add or take something away.

Thanks

Vehicle condition agreement

I__________________________________ (employee /employer name) agrees with the owner of
this vehicle ________________________________________ __ (vehicle owners name)

that it is a_______________________________________ ____ (vehicle make and model) and it is in perfect mechanical working order and there are no dents, dings, scratches, paint chips or markings in the paint or clear coat and there are no exterior blemishes in any way, shape or form.

There are no rips in any part of the interior and or cigarette burns on seats, no tears, scratches, dents, dings, markings or interior blemishes in any way, shape or form.

I also agree the car has a working AM FM CD Player and the radio will not be turned on played with in any way, shape or form during the time it is being repaired and or stored on repair vehicles' property. The power windows and or power seats are not to be used or played with in any way, shape or form during the time the vehicle is being serviced and or stored on vehicle's repair property.

The vehicle will be kept locked or in a locked building when not being serviced. Any service that has not already been discussed with the vehicle owner will not be performed with out notifying the owner before in advance. This includes but is not limited to unnecessary Mileage on the odometer.

The Mileage on the odometer reads ________________________ miles at the time of drop-off.

Date________________________ and time of drop-off is ______________________________

Please understand this document is not intended to be rude or by any means insulting or questioning of you, your company, your employees or employers.

This is simply a written contract that presents everything in an extremely clear fashion as to what is and is not expected by both parties involved.
Old 03-24-2003, 07:05 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,769 Likes on 970 Posts

Default Re: Vehicle condition agreement (Ray66)

Ray, a good idea, we know that repair shops/dealerships should know this, but of course they do not. :(
Old 03-24-2003, 08:41 AM
DsC5
Race Director

good idea :yesnod:
Old 03-24-2003, 10:43 AM
rubyred93
Drifting

While I do think that this is a very good idea, I see a few areas that could be presented differently . The first is the wording in regard to the exterior condition of the car when it's dropped off. There are cars that will be dropped off for service that DO happen to have a paint chip here or there or maybe a few scratches or blemishes. The form should be composed in a way that allows for that notation.

The same is true for the interior condition. Perhaps one of the seats is blemished, so there should be a place to note all pre-existing flaws.

In an ideal world we would never be in need of a form like this; repair shops would treat our cars as if they were their own. :rolleyes: I've seen too many screw-ups to know that that is not the case.

It begs the question...how many shops would willingly sign it, and would it hold up in court?
Old 03-24-2003, 10:44 AM
Kenny94945
Le Mans Master

Received 446 Likes on 383 Posts

Jeez, O would think the shops would generate this form.

I am struck that how sad it is that we have to generate it.

Old 03-24-2003, 09:03 PM
Ray66
Intermediate

Default Re: Vehicle condition agreement (Kenny94945)

Interesting and I must say this is the only forum that has given me positive feedback. I posted this on other SS forums, Autopia and everyone says it's a very bad idea and it will work against me!

One guy cursed me in a private email telling me I'm an butt! Can you believe this? Insane!
Old 03-25-2003, 11:19 AM
Big_John
Instructor

Interesting and I must say this is the only forum that has given me positive feedback. I posted this on other SS forums, Autopia and everyone says it's a very bad idea and it will work against me!

One guy cursed me in a private email telling me I'm an butt! Can you believe this? Insane!
If it makes you feel any better, we can call you a butt here too. :D

Seriously, while it sounds like a good idea, I don't know of a lot of shops that would sign anything like this. It would seem to me that if there was any damage to the car, they would probably claim it happened while it was parked waiting for service or for you to return.

If you did do this, I agree that there should be places to note pre-existing conditons and it should be reveiwed by both parties. If you've ever rented a Ryder truck, they do the same thing, making notes of existing damage etc.

In the long run, I think the best bet is to do all the work yourself or find a shop you trust and stick with them.

Get notified of new replies

To Vehicle condition agreement

Quick Reply: Vehicle condition agreement