Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Mr. Clean...SUCKS!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 03:39 PM
NavyC5
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CI 3-4-5-6-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'06-'08-'09-'10

Default Mr. Clean...SUCKS!

I don't know if anyone has tried this product or not, but I've used it 3 times now and I can honestly say it sucks. The "auto-dry" feature leaves some kind of residue on the paint and windows that I have to wipe off anyway. It may me the water in my area, but I don't think so. Now, there is a good side to it. The hand held sprayer with built in soap dispenser is nice. Spray the car down, use the soap, wash and rinse. It makes washing the car easier. But for the auto-dry feature...WORTHLESS. :yesnod:
Old 05-22-2004, 04:32 PM
forrest
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Mr. Clean...SUCKS! (NavyC5)

I had good luck with the auto-dry feature. It's like deionized water. The filter that comes with it is only good for about 3 uses, less if your water is really hard. Is the filter brown in the side window? If so, time for a new filter.

I don't use it to wash, but I use it to give a final rinse down before drying. It allows me to take my time drying without worrying about waterspots.
Old 05-22-2004, 04:45 PM
J Z06
Team Owner

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Mr. Clean...SUCKS!

I'm on one and one,

One person told me they've used it and loved it, another said it was horrible.

Umm, I'll stick to whatever type of water we have, some Z7 and my usual method of washing the surfaces of cars. :cheers:
Old 05-22-2004, 07:25 PM
NavyC5
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CI 3-4-5-6-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'06-'08-'09-'10

Default Re: Mr. Clean...SUCKS! (forrest)

I had good luck with the auto-dry feature. It's like deionized water. The filter that comes with it is only good for about 3 uses, less if your water is really hard. Is the filter brown in the side window? If so, time for a new filter.

I don't use it to wash, but I use it to give a final rinse down before drying. It allows me to take my time drying without worrying about waterspots.
The filter was brand new. I don't know, maybe it is the water. Nice product to make the washing part easier though :yesnod:
Old 05-24-2004, 11:39 PM
TheDarkKnight
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't use the wash part. I just use it for the filter/softener. :thumbs: ... at least until I get the water filter/softener installed in my house. it does keep water usage down tho.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:18 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,769 Likes on 970 Posts

It worked ok in the 3 times I used it, there were still water spots, not many but some. I will stay with then leaf blower method. :)
Old 05-25-2004, 08:48 AM
snampro
Burning Brakes

Received 367 Likes on 166 Posts

Default Re: Mr. Clean...SUCKS! (hcvone)

works great!!! I use it on all three of my cars. There are 3 settings on the big handle thing: regular rinse, soap, and filtered (low-pressure) rinse.

Rinse the car off with regular rinse, soap the area you want to clean and clean it just like you always have (rag, cleaning mit, whatever), rinse the area again, move to the next area and repeat until the entire car is washed, go over the car again with the regular rinse to make sure all the soap is off, then rinse again with the filtered rinse.

Just read the directions, that's what they say to do. Most people think you can only rinse the soap with the filtered water, but that's not the case, that is just the last step.

Not a single spot left on my Vette, or any other car for that matter.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:55 AM
John Row
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I've had excellent results. The humidity here is so low that it's almost impossible to dry the car before the water evaporates. With the filtered water rinse, I just swiped the heavy water accumulations with the Calif. Squeegy thingy and no spots.

Start to finish about 8 minutes to wash and dry the whole car.

I give it a :thumbs:

Get notified of new replies

To Mr. Clean...SUCKS!

Quick Reply: Mr. Clean...SUCKS!