Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

ET Street vs. ET Drag...

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 09:24 AM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

Default ET Street vs. ET Drag...

I wonder if switching from my ET STreet 28 x 13.5 - 15 to ET DRAG 28 x 10.5W would make a difference in my ET's?? I know that the sidewalls on ET Streets are stiffer than ET Drag's...
Has anybody done the switch? Did the switch cause any changes in your ET?
Old 09-28-2005, 11:38 AM
LOTAHP
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not sure about the exact difference between the "M/T" (brand) Street vs Drag. But "true" slicks will definitly hook much better than ET Streets. Goodyear & M&H Racemaster offer choice of different rubber compound in there slicks.

Goodyear "soft" compound slicks + trans brake = broken IRS parts. I don't care what you got!!!!

Without da brake...it'll only be a matter of time. Lot sooner that if you were using ET Streets.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:56 AM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Originally Posted by LOTAHP
I am not sure about the exact difference between the "M/T" (brand) Street vs Drag. But "true" slicks will definitly hook much better than ET Streets. Goodyear & M&H Racemaster offer choice of different rubber compound in there slicks.

Goodyear "soft" compound slicks + trans brake = broken IRS parts. I don't care what you got!!!!

Without da brake...it'll only be a matter of time. Lot sooner that if you were using ET Streets.
Greg Eaton (2000A4) uses Tom's setup and he is running in the 8's...
I'll see how long his setup is going to hold up, but I'm pretty sure that it'll last for a while.. Tom's setup is pretty strong..
Old 09-28-2005, 12:11 PM
LOTAHP
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by GrandSportC3
Greg Eaton (2000A4) uses Tom's setup and he is running in the 8's...
I'll see how long his setup is going to hold up, but I'm pretty sure that it'll last for a while.. Tom's setup is pretty strong..
I have explained this to you a thousand times. "Real" racers do NOT wait for parts to break before they replace. So you will probably never see (this guy in the 8's) rear break. They go by the number of passes on the specific item. So if if the the part is not broken and they have reached the specific number of passes on that part they replace it. The old part they obviously inspect to see how worn it is and if maybe the new one can go more or less. But I'm sure they got it down, knowing how many runs they can get on each part.

But I still think you will not be able to comprehend this.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:15 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

I have explained this to you a thousand times. "Real" racers do NOT wait for parts to break before they replace. So you will probably never see (this guy in the 8's) rear break. They go by the number of passes on the specific item. So if if the the part is not broken and they have reached the specific number of passes on that part they replace it. The old part they obviously inspect to see how worn it is and if maybe the new one can go more or less. But I'm sure they got it down, knowing how many runs they can get on each part.

But I still think you will not be able to comprehend this.
hmmmm... vetteman9368 has had his Tom's setup for a while in his super stocker and I don't think that he has had it rebuilt since he installed it a few years ago... The Tom's setup is very strong!!

BTW - you also thought that my tranny isn't going to hold up.. 54 passes so far on it and still working perfect!!
Old 09-28-2005, 01:00 PM
LOTAHP
Le Mans Master

hmmmm... vetteman9368 has had his Tom's setup for a while in his super stocker and I don't think that he has had it rebuilt since he installed it a few years ago... The Tom's setup is very strong!!

BTW - you also thought that my tranny isn't going to hold up.. 54 passes so far on it and still working perfect!!

54 passes ain't chit. Don't forget....You haven't used the "bubba"-brake yet. And I'm talking launching at 4000+rpms.

There are LOTA more parts that can break other than the differential. I am NOT knocking a Tom's 12 bolt by any means. Wish I had put one in when my posi let loose 1 1/2 ago.

Also....DO NOT change the subject!!! You were asking about slicks. So do NOT hijack your own thread
Old 09-28-2005, 01:04 PM
LOTAHP
Le Mans Master

I am sure "vetteman" will agree with my statement (#4 reply) above anyway.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:10 PM
LOTAHP
Le Mans Master

If his "Tom's" has been in there for any lengthly period of time (a year or more) and his C3 is a "race car" I am sure he has had the rear out of the car to inspect and change the fluid on occasion. Something I don't think you ever do.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:12 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

54 passes ain't chit. Don't forget....You haven't used the "bubba"-brake yet. And I'm talking launching at 4000+rpms.

There are LOTA more parts that can break other than the differential. I am NOT knocking a Tom's 12 bolt by any means. Wish I had put one in when my posi let loose 1 1/2 ago.

Also....DO NOT change the subject!!! You were asking about slicks. So do NOT hijack your own thread
you might see me use the transbrake at the Orlando meeting if the track is sprayed.. I'll footbrake on the first pass and if traction is ok, I'll use the transbrake on pass #2...
Old 09-28-2005, 01:13 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

If his "Tom's" has been in there for any lengthly period of time (a year or more) and his C3 is a "race car" I am sure he has had the rear out of the car to inspect and change the fluid on occasion. Something I don't think you ever do.
my rear end only has 200 miles on it...
Old 09-28-2005, 01:14 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

I'm going to ET Drags when my car leaves NEVERLIFT with the solid rear, I'm not doing it to improve ET I just want a more consistant 60'.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:24 PM
Special K
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You and Oliver are secretly married, aren't you!
Old 09-28-2005, 01:59 PM
16Again
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '20

Originally Posted by Special K
TWINS
Old 09-28-2005, 02:21 PM
LOTAHP
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 16Again
TWINS

I have hair !!!
Old 09-28-2005, 02:22 PM
LOTAHP
Le Mans Master

He's really OLIVIA!! and maaaan does (s)he squealllll
Old 09-28-2005, 02:26 PM
Special K
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to get him to tell me about Olivia a month ago but he wouldn't admit to anything.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:09 PM
LOTAHP
Le Mans Master

I tried to get him to tell me about Olivia a month ago but he wouldn't admit to anything.

Barkingowl has pics (of OLIVIA) PM him and he will be more than happy to share them.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:06 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Get notified of new replies

To ET Street vs. ET Drag...

Quick Reply: ET Street vs. ET Drag...