Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Carroll's Rod & Racecraft bolt-in straight axle kit.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 08:26 PM
tensecvet
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by j-stingray
what's the price range of this setup?

thanks Jeff.
Just under $5000.00 , for the pro series kit. No bling.
heres the # 732-416-9887 for the pms i got.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Vic'89
Safety Car

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by tensecvet

What's the pro series kit ? Price seems ok.

Vic
Old 02-06-2008, 08:43 AM
RacerX70CC
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

uh oh... looks like a certain "downhill type" ain't gonna like this!

Good job in bringing another option to the table.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:40 PM
INSANITY
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RacerX70CC
uh oh... looks like a certain "downhill type" ain't gonna like this!

Good job in bringing another option to the table.
This is the original solid rear... I have been running it for 3 years now... and a handfull of guys have been running this setup for awhile.. leo's the best in the business.. Hands down.....
Old 02-06-2008, 02:29 PM
0ski_dwn_it
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes Leo had the first solid rear conversion. However as the last thread go around confirmed, I had the first complete BOLT-IN version. Which if you compare the two there is no comparison.

With mine you have COMPLETE adjustability which allows for all the adjustments just as if you had a true 4 link setup in your car. Why do you have all the adjustability- because it uses real 4 link mounts both front and rear. This allows users to track dial in their IC to take it from standing on the bumper to merely lifting off a few inches; and to find the sweet-spot inbetween.

In addition, you get full control over your ride height with adjustable shock mounts. This further allows fine tuning of your Instant Center to better optimize your traction specific to your car's needs. Even to specific track conditions.

Best of all my setup utilizes NO CROSSMEMBER which makes the setup more streetworthy. I ran a cross member on my car at the start and it hit everything on the road and scrapped a ton during normal driving conditions. On the strip it was fine, but not for the street - I hated it and I came up with a solution which is incorportated in each of my setups.

Some might ask why does one need to tune the suspension. The answer is simple - you need to be able to dial in the suspension to your cars HP and weight bias to get an effective launch.

This all might not mean a hill of beans if you live next to the supplier of the rear and can wait weeks for him to physically remove and reweld brackets to your new setting....but when your across the country or as I have already sent a setup of mine to Europe, this sorta back and forth BS is unfeasible.

Those that do there homework will see the huge difference in the two so RaceX70CC - downhill is not the least bit worried and is actually pretty amused because he know the story behind a few comments here.

I have raced these cars for the last 8 years and my setup has EVERYTHING I always wished was out there and could NEVER find.

Last edited by ski_dwn_it; 02-06-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:52 PM
RacerX70CC
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Musta hit a nerve...

touchy, aren't we?

Seriously though... there's been enough drama about the "where this concept actually came from, blah blah blah..", that we don't need to regurgitate it here yet again.

And the "top secret, only available to the secret circle" pics of your setup... please... it's not like anybody is actually going to poach your "idea" and make money from it. Any competent fabricator can figure it out for themselves.

I have no dog in the fight, btw... When (not if) I decide to solid axle my '87, I'll simply backhalf it and be done. If Leo or you want to make money at solid axle conversions, have at it. I wish you all the best.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:10 PM
1996LT1
Drifting

touchy, aren't we?
You noticed that too ?

I would have bet money Ed Bigley wrote that post
Old 02-06-2008, 05:11 PM
0ski_dwn_it
Former Vendor

touchy, aren't we?

Seriously though... there's been enough drama about the "where this concept actually came from, blah blah blah..", that we don't need to regurgitate it here yet again.

And the "top secret, only available to the secret circle" pics of your setup... please... it's not like anybody is actually going to poach your "idea" and make money from it. Any competent fabricator can figure it out for themselves.

I have no dog in the fight, btw... When (not if) I decide to solid axle my '87, I'll simply backhalf it and be done. If Leo or you want to make money at solid axle conversions, have at it. I wish you all the best.
No need to explain yourself; its all good.. I was simply stating that our setups are worlds apart if someone does their homework. The most similiar things about them is they are straight axle rears for C4s...aside from that they differ more than they are alike. So to address your comment about me not liking this setup being available - it doesn't make me excited in the least.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:12 PM
asmokegars
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'06-'07-'08

My car is now at Carroll's Rod and Racecraft!!

Old 02-06-2008, 05:14 PM
0ski_dwn_it
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 1996LT1
You noticed that too ?

I would have bet money Ed Bigley wrote that post
LOL...Now that would be funny stuff. Never crossed my mind, and I think it would have come full circle that his welder is bigger and better than anyone elses if it truely would have been bigley..
Old 02-06-2008, 05:27 PM
1996LT1
Drifting

Originally Posted by ski_dwn_it
LOL...Now that would be funny stuff. Never crossed my mind, and I think it would have come full circle that his welder is bigger and better than anyone elses if it truely would have been bigley..

I was hoping you didnt take that the wrong way... not enough to delete the post though.

It could have been explosive!!!
Old 02-06-2008, 09:53 PM
eddie the kid
Advanced

ski down it can i see pics on how ur solid rear is diff from leos at rod and racecraft

Last edited by eddie the kid; 02-06-2008 at 10:00 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:07 PM
tensecvet
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Vic'89
What's the pro series kit ? Price seems ok.

Vic
Bolt in Kit good for 8.50s & has gone faster. They could do it for cheaper , but i like to over build . The price is real fair. Call them....Carrolls Rod & Racecraft .
Old 02-07-2008, 08:36 AM
0ski_dwn_it
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by eddie the kid
ski down it can i see pics on how ur solid rear is diff from leos at rod and racecraft
Since you asked. Here is a whole thread on it and some photos. More will be coming shortly...tonight most likely. Just waiting for my next order of rod ends to arrive.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1929393

Again main differences are: mine is 100% adjustable with real 4 link brackets (both front and rear). Allows complete freedom to make necessary adjustments that are required to dial in a car. The competitions offers none so you are stuck with whatever they give you. Complete bolt in, with all fasteners, no cross member to drag on ground, brake mounts supplied to allow stock brakes to work (aftermarkets available if requested), wishbone locator that doesn't influence the rear centering when suspension travels.

Again those that do their homework and learn a little about 4 link setups will see the HUGE difference in the two. Also I suspect the other will start to look like mine in the future which tells you something right there.
The following users liked this post:
Dude_man (05-04-2016)
Old 02-07-2008, 12:27 PM
NL Racecraft
Racer

Default thanks

Thanks for the props guys...... Bob and I were waiting a little longer to reveal our new "Bolt-In" straight axle C4 conversion......

and yes Jesse those that do their homework will know the difference.....

a Chassis guy that may know how to and where to install a four link w/a wishbone would be a great start......

those that wish to can call us or pm us at the shop.. thank you!

p.s. our new website will be up shortly and our new email address is rodandrace@aol.com

p.s.s. our OLD bolt in had multiple adjustments , however the newly redsesigned bolt in it kit has more adjustments for those that wish to tinker with their setups....and as said before we have done quite a bit of R&D on this with multiple vehicles running well enough for those customers to recommend others....

thanks again...leo and bob
Old 02-07-2008, 01:51 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by NL Racecraft
p.s.s. our OLD bolt in had multiple adjustments , however the newly redsesigned bolt in it kit has more adjustments for those that wish to tinker with their setups....and as said before we have done quite a bit of R&D on this with multiple vehicles running well enough for those customers to recommend others....

thanks again...leo and bob
Mine works great for me, I'm getting to old to Tinker but I think it will hold up to my new Reher and Morrison 412 SBC crate motor and Hughes powerglide.
PLEASE Disreguard my last statement
Old 02-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Vic'89
Safety Car

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Bolt in Kit good for 8.50s & has gone faster. They could do it for cheaper , but i like to over build . The price is real fair. Call them....Carrolls Rod & Racecraft .
Thanks for the info, I need one of these before I step up in power.

Vic

Get notified of new replies

To Carroll's Rod & Racecraft bolt-in straight axle kit.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:05 PM
tensecvet
Burning Brakes

Carrolls Rod & Racecraft Pro Series C4 bolt-in straight axle kit, all moly 4 bar suspension .

I'm so jealous nice setup Eddie your parts are here. Trans has a sticker with it on the case.

Nice 100% BOLT-ON BBC C4 Neverlift/Carroll Rod & Race Headers , they are a work of art too , gotta clean them up ,
Old 02-07-2008, 08:00 PM
STEALTH 99 C5
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Good luck this year Eddie and Mike .
Old 02-08-2008, 04:58 PM
93 ragtop
Le Mans Master

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

Leo, I just sent a pm wanting to know if the setup is going to be available in a 9in. version. Also, I included a few other things I thought you may find interesting.

Quick Reply: Carroll's Rod & Racecraft bolt-in straight axle kit.