Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Sponsor needed / FI Related

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 08:30 PM
STEALTH 99 C5
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Sponsor needed / FI Related

Not C5 FI , but FI none the less . Anyone interested in sponsoring a Top Fuel Funny Car at this weekends NHRA race at Raceway Park , Englishtown , NJ ?

I know this is a major longshot , but I figured I'd post it here anyway . I got a call from John Capps today (Ron's brother) he's looking to try and make this weekends NHRA race at Englishtown as his Top Fuel funny car was already on the east coast for a previous race , the team is looking for 20k , and you can cover the whole car with company logos etc . John runs a limited NHRA schedule with it , his main sponsor (Vegas Fuel ) sponsors him for a few of the west coast races http://www.vegasfuel.com/#news09 , if I had the bread , I'd sponsor it (Stealth Motorsports ) , the price is actually a bargain , normally it's 50-60k to cover the whole car . Again , I know it's a major longshot and super last minute , just trying to help a friend out .

Last edited by STEALTH 99 C5; 06-16-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:46 PM
STEALTH 99 C5
Safety Car

T T T
Old 06-17-2008, 02:26 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Dam, I left my 20K in my other jeans!!

Good luck guys, and way to look out Mike!!
Old 06-17-2008, 02:37 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by STEALTH 99 C5
Not C5 FI , but FI none the less . Anyone interested in sponsoring a Top Fuel Funny Car at this weekends NHRA race at Raceway Park , Englishtown , NJ ?

I know this is a major longshot , but I figured I'd post it here anyway . I got a call from John Capps today (Ron's brother) he's looking to try and make this weekends NHRA race at Englishtown as his Top Fuel funny car was already on the east coast for a previous race , the team is looking for 20k , and you can cover the whole car with company logos etc . John runs a limited NHRA schedule with it , his main sponsor (Vegas Fuel ) sponsors him for a few of the west coast races http://www.vegasfuel.com/#news09 , if I had the bread , I'd sponsor it (Stealth Motorsports ) , the price is actually a bargain , normally it's 50-60k to cover the whole car . Again , I know it's a major longshot and super last minute , just trying to help a friend out .

Old 06-17-2008, 03:39 PM
jkz06
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
20k? That won't even pay for the fuel will it? To and from the track and the Nitro?
The trucks alone get 3 miles to the gallon at $4.70 a gallon for diesel. I don't know how anyone but John Force affords it. Good luck I've always been a big Ron Capps fan so I'll be pulling for his brother too.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:28 AM
STEALTH 99 C5
Safety Car

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Dam, I left my 20K in my other jeans!!

Good luck guys, and way to look out Mike!!
Come on Doug , I thought you were rich .
Old 06-18-2008, 12:00 PM
MPRTKLR
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, I did ask the president of my company if he would be interested, since I can not afford to do something this large, but it just is not possible to do last minute. Because of the nature of our business, there are compliance issues that have to be considered. I wish I could help and I hope they find someone, but I did my best to try and help you out. I didn't realize you were that close to Capps. I'll be there all day Sat. so maybe I will see you there
Old 06-18-2008, 12:54 PM
STEALTH 99 C5
Safety Car

Originally Posted by MPRTKLR
Mike, I did ask the president of my company if he would be interested, since I can not afford to do something this large, but it just is not possible to do last minute. Because of the nature of our business, there are compliance issues that have to be considered. I wish I could help and I hope they find someone, but I did my best to try and help you out. I didn't realize you were that close to Capps. I'll be there all day Sat. so maybe I will see you there
Thanks for trying Russ . I've been making some calls to some wealthy friends , but so far it's such a last minute thing , no interest yet .

Get notified of new replies

To Sponsor needed / FI Related

Quick Reply: Sponsor needed / FI Related