Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Who will win the 2nd Vette Drs Pro 11.50 of the year

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 08:38 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II & IV Veteran
CI VI Drag Champ!

Default Who will win the 2nd Vette Drs Pro 11.50 of the year

This weekend is the return of the Vette Doctors Pro 11.50.

Panuzzo is sitting pretty in the top spot and I know several of you won't mind holding that spot for the next race.

Who is in for the heads up 11.50 index class? Just 7 days to go?

Saturday, July 12, 2008, Raceway Park, Englishtown, NJ, 9:30 AM start
1. Eric Fischer
2. Bill Fischer Sr.
3. Shawn Cavanagh
4. Rob Farley
5. Nick
6. John Panuzzo
7. Robz
8. Rich Shuleski
9. Ron Leader
10. Jerry Muniz
11. Paul Bogdan
12. Joe Latona
13. Ellis Gray
14. Bob

Last edited by REDGAR; 07-11-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:08 PM
Eric Fischer
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm in.

My Dad is in.

Tortolani and Farley will be the ones to beat for this race.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:17 PM
jpee
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Eric...

I'm gonna give it a shot....not sure if my .240 RT will hold up but I might get lucky if I take a "Guess" at the tree

Last edited by jpee; 07-05-2008 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:32 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric Fischer
Tortolani and Farley will be the ones to beat for this race.
Farley might be the man to beat but I wouldn't rule others out just yet either.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:37 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jpee
I might get lucky if I take a "Guess" at the tree
I dunno about that strategy LOL, there was another red C5 that took a "guess" and tried timing the tree last week and he ended up leaving a little early. So early that I think he reached the finish line even before the first yellow went off!
Sorry Edgar.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:44 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

CI VI Drag Champ!

Yeah I took one for the greater good of the series...you better be on your jpee
Old 07-05-2008, 10:46 PM
2003VETT
Melting Slicks

Location: Still the Fastest (still running) Stock Bottom End Blown LS1/ 2010 ECS CC 10.50 CHAMP Hamilton, NJ
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm in.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:23 PM
98NYFINESTVETTE
Le Mans Master

Location: 10.70 @ 124mph, Stock Bottom End @ 3620lbs, ECS Racing Team Member. The 1st NMCA LSX Index Rumble World Champion. 2011,12,13 Champion

No doubt I will be there. I will also be tuning Friday night so that I am all ready for the 1st qualifier.

Pro 11.50 & Corvette Challenge - I am taking no prisoners!! If I do, they will be buried will all the others I buried.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:41 PM
98NYFINESTVETTE
Le Mans Master

Location: 10.70 @ 124mph, Stock Bottom End @ 3620lbs, ECS Racing Team Member. The 1st NMCA LSX Index Rumble World Champion. 2011,12,13 Champion

I forgot to mention that this class has tough compitition. Not just myself, Dave, Shawn, Ellis, Joe and so on - Everybody has been giving it it there all. Everybody in the class is aware that this is not a class to take lightly. You need to drill the tree and run the number. These are the two key factors here to be a winner.

You may think a person with a quicker car can fender the other driver, This will bight them in the a$$ sooner or later. You need to have a car that can run 11.50 for this class, not 11.40. More then likley you will need to run your car flat out every pass. This is my prediction.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:42 PM
nickolbag
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am definitly in...and this time I'll have my drag pack instead of sliding down the track on my 20" rims
Old 07-06-2008, 12:25 AM
jpee
Race Director

Rob

I might be using a Black 85 if its 3000+ that day...I think the rules are I can use a different car as long as I qualify with it on race day... correct ?
Old 07-06-2008, 09:48 AM
REDGAR
Team Owner

CI VI Drag Champ!

Rob

I might be using a Black 85 if its 3000+ that day...I think the rules are I can use a different car as long as I qualify with it on race day... correct ?
Why bother...use Young's car
Old 07-06-2008, 10:21 AM
jpee
Race Director

Originally Posted by REDGAR
Why bother...use Young's car
Cant gonna use that in the 10.0 as a "spoiler" if he cant make it... I know we can take .2 - .2 out of Ralph's, and I'll be close to the the #

Besides it giving everyone else an advantage because I'm NOT used to driving his car, so I'll most likely be late on the tree, or break out.. you should be HAPPY to see me in this situation .. "Not knowing what car I'll be driving"

I have another guy down the street who just bought a 77 Vette w/over 100k miles and it its a manual, & has a bad 2nd gear... I will think about putting Jeanne in that.. (PS it has a bad clutch also) so we can make it a tough as possible for her to win.. Then we wont have any of the complaints that you were talking about...

Or if its real HOT and Dennis's car in not running the # I'll use that to help cut any chance I "MIGHT" have..

Just think I might get only 10 pts for passing inspection and NOT even qualify..

And Jeanne will have a slipping clutch in a 77 beat up car.. Panuzzo Racing will be out of competition in the first round, & I may not even make to the 1st.. and of course if she drives a beat up junker that is inconsistent, I could make EVERYONE HAPPY by driving my own 12.8 car and give away 1.3 sec to all the others I think that should be enough to keep the odds from me or Jeanne gaining any points...

If you want just shoot me an E mail & I'll pass on 1 or 2 races, & ask her to pass... that will GAR-UN-TEE we'll both finish out of the points...

I sure don't want to continue to have "Those who complained to you, to continue to have complaints..

We gotta keep this fair..

I'll drive a 12 sec car in the 11.5 and she will drive a car with a slipping clutch..... and of course if the "powers that be decide Panuzzo is still "Bending" the rules we will accept any (MIDSEASON) rule changes to take both of us out of contention.. We have to keep the majority of racers happy..!!

Thanks for listening, & knowing I'll do anything you say to lose honestly, and if I have to use my high 12 sec car vs 11.5 to = things out I'll do it..

Should make "some" people happy...You know who they are cause you don't kiss & tell!

Thanks for thinking about me & Jeanne in this series....
Old 07-06-2008, 10:28 AM
REDGAR
Team Owner

CI VI Drag Champ!

Jpee, you are too easy to work up and quite gullable too.

There are no complaints. I made it up to work you up.

I think it worked!

LOL

Lighten up brother, have some fun. Personal conversations should stay personal though..I don't share yours
Old 07-06-2008, 10:29 AM
_twisted_
Safety Car

Cliff notes version please
Cant gonna use that in the 10.0 as a "spoiler" if he cant make it... I know we can take .2 - .2 out of Ralph's, and I'll be close to the the #

Besides it giving everyone else an advantage because I'm NOT used to driving his car, so I'll most likely be late on the tree, or break out.. you should be HAPPY to see me in this situation .. "Not knowing what car I'll be driving"

I have another guy down the street who just bought a 77 Vette w/over 100k miles and it its a manual, & has a bad 2nd gear... I will think about putting Jeanne in that.. (PS it has a bad clutch also) so we can make it a tough as possible for her to win.. Then we wont have any of the complaints that you were talking about...

Or if its real HOT and Dennis's car in not running the # I'll use that to help cut any chance I "MIGHT" have..

Just think I might get only 10 pts for passing inspection and NOT even qualify..

And Jeanne will have a slipping clutch in a 77 beat up car.. Panuzzo Racing will be out of competition in the first round, & I may not even make to the 1st.. and of course if she drives a beat up junker that is inconsistent, I could make EVERYONE HAPPY by driving my own 12.8 car and give away 1.3 sec to all the others I think that should be enough to keep the odds from me or Jeanne gaining any points...

If you want just shoot me an E mail & I'll pass on 1 or 2 races, & ask her to pass... that will GAR-UN-TEE we'll both finish out of the points...

I sure don't want to continue to have "Those who complained to you, to continue to have complaints..

We gotta keep this fair..

I'll drive a 12 sec car in the 11.5 and she will drive a car with a slipping clutch..... and of course if the "powers that be decide Panuzzo is still "Bending" the rules we will accept any (MIDSEASON) rule changes to take both of us out of contention.. We have to keep the majority of racers happy..!!

Thanks for listening, & knowing I'll do anything you say to lose honestly, and if I have to use my high 12 sec car vs 11.5 to = things out I'll do it..

Should make "some" people happy...You know who they are cause you don't kiss & tell!

Thanks for thinking about me & Jeanne in this series....
Old 07-06-2008, 10:37 AM
jpee
Race Director

Jpee, you are too easy to work up and quite gullable too.

There are no complaints. I made it up to work you up.

I think it worked!

LOL

Lighten up brother, have some fun. Personal conversations should stay personal though..I don't share yours
READ MY POST I NEVER REPEATED WHAT WAS SAID !!

However I "DO" get the impression "SOMEONE" (no names) is not happy with what I am doing this yr... me driving Dennis's car and Jeanne in my car...

Just no-one has said it to my face "IF" its true!

I made it up to work you up.....&

Personal conversations should stay personal though..I don't share yours
If it was a joke there should be no problem on your end..as no names were (supposedly) mentioned...to you.. & I never got a name so you are probably correct I'm taking this whole CC too serious, and should rethink it for next yr..

because even if there is One Iota Of Truth in what you say I don't want to bring a "Ringer" in a Fun series, We all know Korreck, Farley, etc. were all honest to God Rookies and deserved their trophies.. however I brought a PRO and she is heads and shoulders better than Ralph, Rob, Trishman, yourself, etc.. etc... so it was bad for the series..

Perhaps the managers of the CC should make some "amendments" to the rule re: "Rookie" And or the use of "loaner Cars"!!

Can a person borrow a car for 1 round, one race, one week, or one season ? I thought in the past I've seen one person use two different cars in the same race...I'm all for it if it will give that racer a chance at winning...

And we have cut "SOME" racers slack on some rules in the past.. so lets not go there..

I didn't break any rule or the "SPIRIT" of any rule...but am willing to just drop out to prevent any dissatisfied racers! (in either class 11.5 or Bracket)

Last edited by jpee; 07-06-2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:41 AM
_twisted_
Safety Car

I've been looking forward to this for a long time, been nailing the practice tree for months now.

What time do the gates open?

Get notified of new replies

To Who will win the 2nd Vette Drs Pro 11.50 of the year

Old 07-06-2008, 10:46 AM
REDGAR
Team Owner

CI VI Drag Champ!

READ MY POST I NEVER REPEATED WHAT WAS SAID !!

However I "DO" get the impression "SOMEONE" (no names) is not happy with what I am doing this yr... me driving Dennis's car and Jeanne in my car...

Just no-one has said it to my face "IF" its true!
Duh, you never said what I said but you said that I said something which is worse than saying what I said because it implies something.

So here is the deal...IT IS NOT TRUE
so forget it ever happened.
Feel better?
Enjoy!
Old 07-06-2008, 10:48 AM
REDGAR
Team Owner

CI VI Drag Champ!

Originally Posted by _twisted_
I've been looking forward to this for a long time, been nailing the practice tree for months now.

What time do the gates open?
Should be open around 9:30 Joe
Old 07-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Eric Fischer
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Duh, you never said what I said but you said that I said something which is worse than saying what I said because it implies something.
What are you trying to say, Edgar?

Quick Reply: Who will win the 2nd Vette Drs Pro 11.50 of the year