Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

A big thanks from horsepower sales of florida for our nhra stock eliminator win!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 12:54 PM
HPSFLORIDA
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A big thanks from horsepower sales of florida for our nhra stock eliminator win!!!!!

Just wanted to give a real nice thanks to all those companies that helped us build this car and see all the hard work really pay off this past weekend in Gainesville for the NHRA Div.2 Divisional championships.

Thanks goes out to Nick at AMERICAN RACING HEADERS. His headers make great power on our car and we sell them by the truckload in the shop. Can not say enough about this companies product, thier customer service and thier ability to make great HP. You guys are the best!

Thanks go out to Dave at YANK CONVERTERS. I emailed Dave some HP tuner logs using another companies converter, and he said that we had to try his converter. I installed his converter in the middle of december 2008. Not only did i pick up 2.5 tenths but it is the most consistent converter EVER!!!!! I have raced the car in 4 events since thanksgiving. I won Citrus Nationals bracket event, I had a runner-up finish in Stock Eliminator at the IHRA NATIONAL EVENT in Immokolee, 1st round in Bradenton NHRA Div2 Divisional Championships, and a WIN in Gainesville at this past weekends NHRA Div 2 Divisional Championships. 4 races, 3 finals Thanks YANK CONVERTERS!!!!!!

Thanks to HOOSIER TIRES. Farron and Steve at Hoosier really got me dialed in this past weekend with a new Drag radial. Not only did they hook dead with my 60 fts ranging from 1.493-1.501 in 9 passes over 3 days, but they picked me up about a tenth in et over my Mickey Bias plys.

Thanks to MIKE NORRIS, NORRIS MOTORSPORTS. Last year he really helped us dial in the tune. It maintains perfect streetability, yet runs perfect down the strip. Mike as taught me alot in tuning and really helped me understand what really makes power and how to setup the computer and engine combination for that. He has been available on the phone for consultation when we are at the tracks which is above and beyond. I consider Mike one of the best in the tuner business and glad to have him as a friend. Thanks Mike!

THANKS TO VETTE BRAKES PRODUCTS VBP. With thier help we have developed a fantastic drag suspension system that really dials in springs weights and load tensions, shocks and suspension components that will decrease your 60 fts by leaps and bounds and provide amazing consistency in doing so. Details to follow on these products we will be offering!!!!!

Let me explain the car and how it fits the class. Rules are long and complicated as written, but when really broken down it is quite easy to understand. The rules state the car has to stock EXCEPT for some allowed changes. NHRA classifies the each car by factored HP and shipping weight of the car. They issue it a factor # and multipled by the weight, plus driver weight of 170# issue the car a index.

Each Stock eliminator car is allowed
1. ANY GEAR RATIO
2. ANY TORQUE CONVERTER
3. A CAM CHANGE IS ALLOWED BUT MUST RETAIN STOCK LIFT, BUT
ANY CHOICE OF DURATION,
4. NO MODIFICATIONS TO CYLINDER HEADS, MANIFOLD, THOTTLE
BODY ETC. AT ALL,
5. MY CLASS D/SA ,I MUST WEIGH A MINIMUM of #3400
6. ANY EXHAUST
7. ANY TIRE BUT NO WIDER THAN 9" ON GROUND
8. MUST USE NHRA APPROVED FUEL (WE US VP C10)

Our car is a street driven 2003 C5 Corvette. It has a custom duration cam with stock 515/515 lift, a Yank 4K stahl converter, 4.10 Gears, American Racing Headers, Borla Straight Pipes, and weighing in at #3430 pounds it has run a best of 10.933 at 123.18 MPH on a 11.85 NHRA Index. This car still has A/C, heat, power seats, Windows etc. All stock race car with all Street car amenities.

Pics;

Waiting for our turn for the winners circle pic

Need a bigger office

A SPECIAL THANKS TO MEMPHIS (CHECK OUT THOSE ELVIS SIDEBURNS) FOR ALL HIS HARD WORK AND LONG HOURS HELPING ME PUT THIS CAR TOGETHER. BUSTED!!!!!

Thanks everyone for all the emails and phone calls. See ya at the races

Jeremy Preston
Old 02-23-2009, 01:20 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II & IV Veteran
CI VI Drag Champ!

Jeremy that is bad ***.

Congrats.

for some reason I thought the C5 was a, b or c stock classified. I have seen it classified various ways.

10.93 on the stock heads it awesome. I got a 10.96 out of mine when it was cam only but it was lighter than 3400.

Do they tear ya down to look at the cam when you win? That has always been my biggest fear.

Looks like you have liek 5 grand worth of stickers there!!

Last edited by REDGAR; 02-23-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:39 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

CI VI Drag Champ!

Hey Jeremy, what rear wheels do you have there?
Old 02-23-2009, 01:42 PM
16Again
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '20

As I said to Dad every round yesterday... EXCELLENT!

On behalf of our HORSEPOWER SALES Corvette Challenge Family, Congratulations on your well earned WALLY!!!!!
Old 02-23-2009, 02:02 PM
HPSFLORIDA
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by REDGAR
Jeremy that is bad ***.

Congrats.

for some reason I thought the C5 was a, b or c stock classified. I have seen it classified various ways.

10.93 on the stock heads it awesome. I got a 10.96 out of mine when it was cam only but it was lighter than 3400.

Do they tear ya down to look at the cam when you win? That has always been my biggest fear.

Looks like you have liek 5 grand worth of stickers there!!
Thanks Redgar. Each sticker pays $200 a piece at divisional events and $300 a piece at nationals plus the NHRA Purse which is usually $1000 - $1500. Pretty good pay day for sure.

No tear down, unless someone protests or I am hunting for national records, teardowns do happen when NHRA wants to, but not yet. I can't wait to see thier faces when they see the tops of our 55K mile pistons etc.

Originally Posted by REDGAR
Hey Jeremy, what rear wheels do you have there?
They are made by Holeshot wheels here in Florida. SUPER SUPER Light, but still require some brake caliper mods to fit perfect.

Originally Posted by Nitrous Bob
As I said to Dad every round yesterday... EXCELLENT!

On behalf of our HORSEPOWER SALES Corvette Challenge Family, Congratulations on your well earned WALLY!!!!!
Thanks Bob you Da man
Old 02-23-2009, 04:21 PM
Dave-T
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very impressive!!!!
Old 02-23-2009, 04:40 PM
RacerX70CC
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is a Stock Eliminator car in the truest sense of the term.... excellent work!
Old 02-23-2009, 05:20 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Being an old stock class racer this is very impressive.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:53 PM
AR Headers
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 127 Likes on 55 Posts

Jeremy, That's quite an accomplishment. You should be very proud. Those Stock Eliminator guys are on top of their game. Getting to the winner's circle against them is a battle. Congrats to you and the HP Sales crew. Thanks for choosing ARH.

Nick
Old 02-23-2009, 09:26 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

CI VI Drag Champ!

Nick, V. Gaines still running your headers
Old 02-24-2009, 11:46 AM
AR Headers
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 127 Likes on 55 Posts

Edgar, Yes he is. He won phoenix last year with them. Our headers are also on all 50 of Ford's FR500CJ's. They're debut in Pomonas' Winternationals 2 weeks ago was historical as they won the Stock Eliminator class running the Al Joniec commemorative Cobra Jet. Al Joniec won the Winternationals in his debut of the Cobra Jet 40 years ago. Quite an accomplishment as well.

Nick
Old 02-24-2009, 11:51 AM
REDGAR
Team Owner

CI VI Drag Champ!

I have that coverage here and have yet to read it. Looking forward to it.

Go V. Gaines and ARH!!!
Old 02-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Congrats Jeremy!!!

We're all very proud to be part of the Horsepower Sales team. You guys not only build fast cars for your customers, you talk the talk and walk the walk on the drag strip. Way to go!
Old 02-26-2009, 07:35 PM
0Mike Norris
Former Vendor

Very Cool Jeremy !!! Thanks as always for the kinds words to say the least. I am glad I could be of help with the combination and tuning. Nice to have a NHRA Stock Eliminator win on the resume

Look forward to seeing you soon.

Mike Norris
Old 02-26-2009, 09:18 PM
RapidRick
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default "ditto that"......

Originally Posted by mackeyred96
Being an old stock class racer this is very impressive.

"Fantabulous!"
Seen that car go rounds. Super driving as well Jeremy.... :secret2:
Old 02-27-2009, 07:28 AM
rtr0id
Advanced

Congrats!!!
Old 02-27-2009, 11:03 AM
hookedup
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats Jeremy

Having a stocker myself I can appreciate how hard it is to win one of these events and build a stocker combo. People are amazed that my 3700+ Malibu with a Q-jet, stock intake, .390" lift cam runs in the 11s.

Keep up the good work,
Dave
Old 03-07-2009, 08:35 AM
QuikZilver
Le Mans Master

Congrats Jeremy!!!!
Sorry for the delayed Congrats...been working a lot at my new job. Hope to have some work done soon on the cars at HPS.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:25 PM
98vettedave
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AR Headers
Edgar, Yes he is. He won phoenix last year with them. Our headers are also on all 50 of Ford's FR500CJ's. They're debut in Pomonas' Winternationals 2 weeks ago was historical as they won the Stock Eliminator class running the Al Joniec commemorative Cobra Jet. Al Joniec won the Winternationals in his debut of the Cobra Jet 40 years ago. Quite an accomplishment as well.

Nick
No real wins by racing during the elemination rounds...all his victories were by default.Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Get notified of new replies

To A big thanks from horsepower sales of florida for our nhra stock eliminator win!!!!!

Quick Reply: A big thanks from horsepower sales of florida for our nhra stock eliminator win!!!!!