Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

2010 Index ideas

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 07:20 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II & IV Veteran
CI VI Drag Champ!

Wayne I think the season is not over and you have a chance to show us something.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:21 PM
_twisted_
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cuttin lights
i like the 9.50 mark as with many bolt ons a irs can run that number and guys like bluberry and shen,myself can make small improvements to their existing motors to get a few tenths faster to the 9.50 mark

i feel the 9.0 is just a little out of reach for some which may cause the same problems we are seeing today

and bringing back to the 10.50 mark only will cover all in betwwen the 11.50 to the all out 9.50 cars

also maybe run all 3 indexes 8-10 times on the same day a year to have a points race as 5 races is too short as whoever gets a jump theres no time to catch up in so little races and thanks to all the rainouts too

just my opinion

honestly Edgar what do u think ? pros and cons
if increasing the number of races for the indexes will increase my sponsorship $$ I will have to pass on that

The Boss at Wild Rover
Old 11-05-2009, 08:00 PM
MPRTKLR
Melting Slicks

Im all for the 9.50 and actually said that last year. 10.0 and 10.50 is too close and there just arent enough cars that can run 8.50. Maybe if I ever get my Z to the track, Ill get a vote but until then I vote for a 13.5 index
Old 11-05-2009, 08:26 PM
INSANITY
Melting Slicks

I like this idea... 9.50 would be great...
Old 11-05-2009, 09:17 PM
markshaw70redBB
Pro

Wayne suggests running all 4 classes on a 10 race per year schedule. That gets my vote. Miss one race on a 5 race season schedule and you might as well quit for the season. With 10 races you have a chance to catch back up in case your car is hurt, you have a conflict and can't make a race or it rains (not that rain outs are a problem) Run all 4 classes on the same day for 10 events.

I think we have a while to wait for a decision. Edgar, when do you meet with RP? February or something like that? How about a formal poll - unofficial sign up?
Old 11-05-2009, 10:04 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

CI VI Drag Champ!

How about we focus on finishing the season before else go down any path. There are still three titles to be decided?

Before anbody expands any schedule and doubles them remember that doubles the sponsorship cost just as Joey eludeded to double cost is a different ballgame. We did nit meet 2009 requirements. Not likely I can get double that especially for a class that we have alredy proven is not sustainable.

Car count and competition sells racing. I have yet to see one of these "9.50" cars other than Shen at our fastest heads up class. You cannot tell me there are a dozen 9.50 cars we we continue see a couple entries in our fastest classes. Entries speak louder than posts so the ball is in your court two races left this year. Nov 14 and 21. CC P11 and P8S

Last edited by REDGAR; 11-05-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:31 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

CI VI Drag Champ!

Mark I try to get my meeting in before the end of the year. I spend January working on the banquet and web page updates and stuff.

I like points chases as much as the next guy but missing out 1 out of 5 might be tough, missing four out of five makes it tougher and impacts points more then missing one out of 5, remember it is not just you it is all of the contenders in the class that are impacted. For example, if we had four cars at our final race, Shen would have just staged and won the title. We had 5, though the fifth racer had never entered the class before, that put Shen in a position when he had to win a round and didn't and then had to watch another contender, work his way through the field with a chance to take it away in the final. Now we know how that ended and I digress but a racer who bails on class because of points is really hurting the class. If that is an possibility for a racer and they don't want to be in that position I would rather that racer chose not to race for points and race when he can.

The more I think about it, the more I think points do more harm than good....again I digress.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:06 PM
_twisted_
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by INSANITY
Old 11-05-2009, 11:15 PM
tensecvet
Burning Brakes

It is not cheap or easy to run 8.50 and go rounds. Then race for a championship . 9.50 would be cheaper in these hard times. i would be cool with a 9.50 cap and come play with my fellow faster CORVETTE racers for fun. at least i would have competition if i'm lucky . So many rule changes have KILLED the classes imo. 7 LONG TIME racers that have supported the classes over the years say yeah lets make a change, get the ball rolling (Champ Shen , Champ Angelo, Champ Wayneohh,Chris,Doug, Jay, me) speak and the crystal ball says NO.
I have no problem to slow my car down to race with those guys for fun.

more money would be cool too .

7 races cool.

We just dont have enough 8.50 cars .
Old 11-05-2009, 11:16 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

CI VI Drag Champ!

Originally Posted by INSANITY
You won't fit in the class, gotta take a 30 mile street cruise and we all know what happens then right?

Kidding...there will is not street cruise like there is no 9.50 so you need to be running in the shootout
Old 11-06-2009, 05:40 AM
markshaw70redBB
Pro

Originally Posted by REDGAR
How about we focus on finishing the season before else go down any path. There are still three titles to be decided?

Before anbody expands any schedule and doubles them remember that doubles the sponsorship cost just as Joey eludeded to double cost is a different ballgame. We did nit meet 2009 requirements. Not likely I can get double that especially for a class that we have alredy proven is not sustainable.

Car count and competition sells racing. I have yet to see one of these "9.50" cars other than Shen at our fastest heads up class. You cannot tell me there are a dozen 9.50 cars we we continue see a couple entries in our fastest classes. Entries speak louder than posts so the ball is in your court two races left this year. Nov 14 and 21. CC P11 and P8S
OK, I get the message. Bring my car to the last 2 Pro 8's to race against myself on an 1/8 mile track because the weather will suck so RP belives that a 9.50 class is viable. No thanks. And for the record, I did sign up as a points racer for the Pro 8 and attended a race. Conflicts and rainouts kept me out of the rest.

I think I will stick with my original plan and just walk away, including the last 2 years of Presenting Sponsor.

Going to the Shakedown tomorrow to show some support for Paul, Mike and Angleo and take in some good racing.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:45 AM
REDGAR
Team Owner

CI VI Drag Champ!

Mark I thank you for your support both as a racer and a sponsr and the post you quoted was not directed at you personally. This is why my post that followed had your name on it.

As a sponsor I would think your funds are not well respected if people do not come. I know life happens to all of us but I feel I have done you the sponsor wrong if all we get is 5 cars for a 16 car class. I hope you can understand I feel I have let you down.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:29 AM
C3AV
Racer

Default Prove it guys !

Do we want an 9.50 class?
Need everyone interested to get on this post/thread and say they are.
Not one person speaks for all.
So call whomever you think would be interested,and post.
Lets show Edgar it's for real; for example, all these 9.5 members would be willing to put up the first entry fee now.
Can we ask each of these 9.5 members to TRY and get a business, engine builder,chassis guy, speed shop, aunt, or uncle to sponser this class.
$500.00 gets them alot of press.(Edgar knows more on this).
I think this 9.5 might have something. Everyone can play, not just the rich! Anyone that can turn a wrench can get any car that goes 11.0 to go 9.5 with a little squeeze (NOS). If you can't or are afraid ask me.
Now present this to Edgar.
Edgar works really hard and knows what will work if he sees it.
He has been down the promised road before.
Put a little money up--if we even want the chance for 9.5 class--and get on the phone.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:43 AM
65 Vette 7327
Advanced

I am all for a 9.50 class. I think the iea of having no mixed inex classes is a good idea and dont think there are enough 8.5 corvettes out there to support a class of that nature. I know i will not be able to step up to run a 8.5 but a 9.5 is very atainable.

If we want to go to 7 races i would be cool with that as well. I think we should also discuss the idea of do we need a 16 car field or a 8 car feild in the future for any of our classes except te 11.5 guys because they have no problem filling their field.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:05 PM
markshaw70redBB
Pro

Originally Posted by C3AV
Do we want an 9.50 class?
Need everyone interested to get on this post/thread and say they are.
Not one person speaks for all.
So call whomever you think would be interested,and post.
Lets show Edgar it's for real; for example, all these 9.5 members would be willing to put up the first entry fee now.
Can we ask each of these 9.5 members to TRY and get a business, engine builder,chassis guy, speed shop, aunt, or uncle to sponser this class.
$500.00 gets them alot of press.(Edgar knows more on this).
I think this 9.5 might have something. Everyone can play, not just the rich! Anyone that can turn a wrench can get any car that goes 11.0 to go 9.5 with a little squeeze (NOS). If you can't or are afraid ask me.
Now present this to Edgar.
Edgar works really hard and knows what will work if he sees it.
He has been down the promised road before.
Put a little money up--if we even want the chance for 9.5 class--and get on the phone.
Thanks Angelo. I think everyone knows my position but here it is again - I'm in for the 9.5. I'm out for 8.5 and I'm out for the 10.0/10.5 DI. I will commit my $600 Presenting Sponsorship that I was withdrawing altogether to a 9.5. Who's next?

By my count of responses in this thread I tally 8 commitments to the 9.5 index. They are:

Mark Shaw
Chris Young
David Shen
Mike Conway
Angelo Valla
Doug Ring
Jay McCardle
Wayne Keegan

I can't count David Harris because his post did not clearly state his intention to step his car from 10.5 to 9.5.

Who's next?
Old 11-06-2009, 01:30 PM
digivex
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by markshaw70redBB

... I can't count David Harris because his post did not clearly state his intention to step his car from 10.5 to 9.5.

Who's next?
This is a tough one for me.

I spoke with ECS: 9.5 does not appear to be in my immediate future and not currently recommended for my car. However, 10.0 is still within my reach and on the plan, which includes the full cage, net, master switch, comp license, safety gear, etc., as well as an upgrade to the rubber hitting the road (adding some nice bling too - have you seen those new monster rims/tires I got ).

One of the reasons I am working on that 10.5 to 10.0 is that I was warned numerous times for breaking the 135 mph limit, while running the 10.5 index (I even changed gears mid-season in attempt to reduce this). I also realize there are other 10.0 classes out there to compete in. And, I want to run an occasional 9 without getting warnings, thrown out, etc.

So, at this juncture, I can not commit to a 9.5 index. But, being somewhat of a nut, I am always looking for more and never really know what the future holds - You all know I'll be modding away

Thanks for considering me. I look forward to whatever 2010 holds for us,
Dave
Old 11-06-2009, 01:44 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

CI VI Drag Champ!

I could swear i have seen all those names in a Pro 10.0 article before

Get notified of new replies

To 2010 Index ideas

Old 11-06-2009, 02:00 PM
markshaw70redBB
Pro

I could swear i have seen all those names in a Pro 10.0 article before
Agreed. Don't we know some knee breakers from the 'hood that will ensure that those that commit don't reneg?
Old 11-06-2009, 02:42 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

CI VI Drag Champ!

I dunno about you guys but I have 8 races to get ready for. 6 that I am racing and 6 articles to write/edit......give me something to write about okay
Old 11-06-2009, 03:16 PM
digivex
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

......give me something to write about okay
I think I did already

Quick Reply: 2010 Index ideas