Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Impact Racing

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 03:43 PM
clemsondave
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Impact Racing

Anyone know the scoop on these guys? Bunch of info out there about them not being certified anymore. Their website is down except saying they have worked things out with SFI.

My 6 pt belts are out of date. I need to either get them re-certified or get new ones. Its difficult to find 6pt harnesses that fit our cars. I don't want to do bolt in. I use the bk adapters and clip them on. Shoulder harness wraps around the bar.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:11 PM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by clemsondave
Anyone know the scoop on these guys? Bunch of info out there about them not being certified anymore. Their website is down except saying they have worked things out with SFI.

My 6 pt belts are out of date. I need to either get them re-certified or get new ones. Its difficult to find 6pt harnesses that fit our cars. I don't want to do bolt in. I use the bk adapters and clip them on. Shoulder harness wraps around the bar.
Not sure what you mean by that Dave.

From what I found (bolt on or wrap around) there's really no difference between the two.
Seems they both come with bolt tabs and clips for belt adjustment. Just don't use the bolt tabs for the bar and if you have special BK adapters? just reuse those and adjust the belt with the clips.

I'd stay away from Impact saftey gear.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:39 PM
mAydAy121
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Impact had their certification suspended, settled with SFI, and regained it. Rumor is, Impact had been submitting their products to SFI for approval as they're supposed to, but rather than paying the fee for each SFI approval label, they manufactured their own labels.

I run a 6pt G-Force harness and bought clip-in ends separate from G-Force. I like G-Force belts because they're the only ones with 3" webbing at the ends.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:14 PM
clemsondave
Drifting

Originally Posted by 4DRUSH
Not sure what you mean by that Dave.

From what I found (bolt on or wrap around) there's really no difference between the two.
Seems they both come with bolt tabs and clips for belt adjustment. Just don't use the bolt tabs for the bar and if you have special BK adapters? just reuse those and adjust the belt with the clips.

I'd stay away from Impact saftey gear.
Mayday, how does your shoulder belts attach to the bar? Wrap or bolt on?

The Impact Racing shoulder straps are one piece that wrap around the bar. All the bolt in ones I've seen are two pieces that get bolted onto the bar.

BK (Brey Krause) I clip the sub and lap belts into these.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:51 PM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Mayday, how does your shoulder belts attach to the bar? Wrap or bolt on?

The Impact Racing shoulder straps are one piece that wrap around the bar. All the bolt in ones I've seen are two pieces that get bolted onto the bar.

BK (Brey Krause) I clip the sub and lap belts into these.
My shoulder straps (2) are wraped around the bar

Lap straps are bolted to factory seat belt bolts.

Crouch belt is bolted back under the seat, thru floor w/ extra cross brace.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:02 PM
clemsondave
Drifting

Thanks Jay. If there are two shoulder straps, how can they be wrapped around the bar? They must be bolted too?
Old 11-17-2010, 09:32 PM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Thanks Jay. If there are two shoulder straps, how can they be wrapped around the bar? They must be bolted too?
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1575336177-post34.html
Old 11-18-2010, 05:33 AM
clemsondave
Drifting

Ah, didn't know you could do that. Thanks.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:30 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Ah, didn't know you could do that. Thanks.
The bar needs to have a retainer on it so the belts cant slide around, like in that pic, to be legal.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:31 AM
clemsondave
Drifting

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
The bar needs to have a retainer on it so the belts cant slide around, like in that pic, to be legal.
Yep, got that. The Impact one was cool because it just looped around the bar (within the retainer). No buckles or anything. Oh well, better safe than sorry.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:32 PM
mAydAy121
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Where is that stated in the NHRA rule book? I never saw any mention of it when I went through it last time. I'm not doubting you at all, just would like to know exactly what it says/how its stated

Any shoulder belt that is bolt on is also wrap around (provided the belts are long enough), just undo where it goes through the metal adjuster piece, remove the bolt on end, wrap around bar and run back through.

Get notified of new replies

To Impact Racing

Quick Reply: Impact Racing