Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Old Drag Racing Website

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 06:23 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Default Old Drag Racing Website

I posted this on the PNW forum, but then discovered there was a drag racing forum as well. I know it's Corvette-oriented, but thought some of you might like to know about this site. My original post follows. Forgive the shameless commerce.

Okay, I might rightfully be accused of shilling for the Hydroplane Museum, but I have another site for some of you gray-haired guys. Well, those of you who have held on to it long enough for it to turn gray..

Some years ago, I became involved with a group who operated under the website, "We Did it For Love". The website features an extraordinary collection of old photos of drag racing during the 50's and into the '70's plus some others from vintage events. I have never found the time to go through everything - there are thousands of photos, including Drag Boat photos (hence my participation) and funny cars.

Although there is a modest fee associated with access to the entire collection, there is also a :"Visitor's Sign-in" which will provide you with a nice preview of the typical things the site offers.

If the following names are familiar to you, I'd suggest you check this site out.

Dick Kalivoda
"Sneaky" Pete Robinson
Jerry Ruth
The Frantic Four (can you name them?)
The Ridge Route Terrors
Lions Drag Strip
The Smoker's meet in Bakersfield

Of course all the big names are in here too. Take a peek.

http://www.wdifl.com/

Quick Reply: Old Drag Racing Website