Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Brackets at CFRC on Sunday Dec 12th

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 11:20 PM
kazman
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Brackets at CFRC on Sunday Dec 12th

Getting ready to do my first racing in Florida. Hitting a money race at CFRC in Orlando. Putting the drag radial on the pony and making the 3 1/2 hour drive up from Ft Myers. Jumping into a shark feast. Apparently there is a division between East and West coast racers here in the sunny state.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:03 AM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 313 Likes on 140 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

I sure wish I could make it Kaz...I was looking forward to meeting you...another time...enjoy the track, it is fun...

Some of the hitters will come out for this one...Sousa, Adams, Thomas, Bianchi, Gingrich, and Muggs and son...these are all west coasters...look out for Tillman from Orlando and Reynolds from Cocoa...also Cleve, Henry and Vic from Mebourne....lastly, watch out for a 96 silver vette...that is Rick and he can get r done...
Old 12-10-2010, 09:39 AM
kazman
Drifting

Typical big $$$ race.....look out for everybody. Sorry that I won't see ya this time around. I'll keep ya posted.

I guess I'm now one of the west coasters.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:02 AM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Cruise-In IV Veteran

I almost forgot...go to the snack bar and get the Pinchos...tehy have pork and chicken...I prefer the chicken...$3 bucks a stick and so yummy!...it is latin shish ka bob...
Old 12-10-2010, 10:41 AM
kazman
Drifting

Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dice
I almost forgot...go to the snack bar and get the Pinchos...tehy have pork and chicken...I prefer the chicken...$3 bucks a stick and so yummy!...it is latin shish ka bob...
I will bring an extra $9 to the track. Will need to take something home at the end of the day for the long drive back home.

I made a note for myself and stuck it on the dash. Just so I don't forget what car I'm in and how it needs to be staged. Stang hasn't been out for a while.

"2nd GEAR - IDLE - SHALLOW - 2ND AMBER".
Old 12-10-2010, 11:38 AM
99ZX9R
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Money race in Dec. Must be nice. I'll be at Atco tomorrow for the last weekend of TnT freezing my onions off. Then the loooong wait until March.

Good luck man.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:52 PM
96collector
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Hay Kaz you can hang out with me look for the silver 96 Corvette with all the win stickers on it....Rick.. I will be out there for Saturday night to get some practice in before Sunday.....
Old 12-10-2010, 04:25 PM
kazman
Drifting

Originally Posted by 96collector
Hay Kaz you can hang out with me look for the silver 96 Corvette with all the win stickers on it....Rick.. I will be out there for Saturday night to get some practice in before Sunday.....
Thanks Rick. I'll look for you. I have a dark gray mustang (my avatar). I wish I was able to take a few hits before Sunday's race to get the rollout down. I heard from another site posting that CFRC has a huge rollout factor. Down side to running a street car is that I can always add .040 with the sideways stage but have a real hard time taking rollout away. I"m going to take my first time shot set up as hard as possible shallow. See ya Sunday.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Hey Rick...get there when they open on Saturday night...it gets a little nuts later on...also, track prep is usually a bit marginal on Saturday nights but will be great on Sunday, no doubt...best of luck, buddy...
Old 12-10-2010, 05:50 PM
96collector
Drifting

I sure wish I could make it Kaz...I was looking forward to meeting you...another time...enjoy the track, it is fun...

Some of the hitters will come out for this one...Sousa, Adams, Thomas, Bianchi, Gingrich, and Muggs and son...these are all west coasters...look out for Tillman from Orlando and Reynolds from Cocoa...also Cleve, Henry and Vic from Mebourne....lastly, watch out for a 96 silver vette...that is Rick and he can get r done...
You're not kidding I need all the luck I can get you are talking about the best of the best in South Florida. And who knows who's coming out of Gainesville. I really have to be on my game for this one.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:48 PM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 471 Likes on 355 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Hey guys!
Best of success on Sunday!
I'm in Naples for the weekend, and would loveto come up for this, but how do I tell the boss we need to leave on Monday?
I'm sure sometime over this winter I'll get to one of these.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:57 PM
kazman
Drifting

Originally Posted by 96collector
You're not kidding I need all the luck I can get you are talking about the best of the best in South Florida. And who knows who's coming out of Gainesville. I really have to be on my game for this one.
I switched over to drag radial this afternoon. Getting into my game face. Fins to the right...fins to the left..... only thing to do is double enter.

Luck is where skill and preparation meet.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:02 AM
96collector
Drifting

Originally Posted by kazman
I switched over to drag radial this afternoon. Getting into my game face. Fins to the right...fins to the left..... only thing to do is double enter.

Luck is where skill and preparation meet.
I checked my transmission fluid checked the oil. I will be leaving about one o'clock today to checked into my motel room about 3:30 in the afternoon. Be coming up from the West Palm Beach area, should take me about two hours to get there And then the excitement will start. See you up there on Sunday.....Rick
Old 12-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Best of luck, guys...I'll be in Atlanta where it will be 19* tomorrow night and 29 for a high on Monday...sheesh...
Old 12-11-2010, 11:03 AM
96collector
Drifting

Best of luck, guys...I'll be in Atlanta where it will be 19* tomorrow night and 29 for a high on Monday...sheesh...
Now don't turn into a popsicle when you are up their....
Old 12-12-2010, 08:11 AM
Glensgages
Race Director

Received 62 Likes on 35 Posts

... I'll be in Atlanta where it will be 19* tomorrow night and 29 for a high on Monday...
... the high on Monday is only gonna be 47*...

Old 12-12-2010, 08:52 AM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Cruise-In IV Veteran

I don't know what is going on but I hate it...normal for this time of year is 72 high and 58 low down here...I am off for Atlanta in a few minutes and it will be 20 tonight, 29 tomorrow and 14 tomorrow night...sheesh...it goes way up to 34 on Tuesday...

Get notified of new replies

To Brackets at CFRC on Sunday Dec 12th

Old 12-13-2010, 08:59 AM
96collector
Drifting

Nice meeting you kaz it's too bad we got rained out. It was a great and fun time and got to meet some local racers on Saturday night had fun racing the gamble race. Went out on my second round with a -006 the humidity was terrible on Saturday night traction was a issue but Sunday the traction was great only got two practice rounds in and got rained out the next race will be scheduled for a January 23 it's too bad I can't make that race. On January 22 is our first point race of the season at PBIR.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:58 AM
kazman
Drifting

Rick, it was great to pit with you and put a face on your avatar. CFRC is a great little track. Everyone was friendly and the staff bent over backwards for the racers. I felt very welcomed. I was in the burnout box for first round when the rain blew in. I have to confess that I was saved by the storm. My reaction times (way late shallow then way way way red in deep) would of no doubt had my lunch money taken. Next time I'll drive over the day before and stay over night at a motel instead of getting up at 3:30am and driving the 4 hours.

Dan, nice chatting with ya on the phone. Sorry you couldn't make the race. I'm glad you figured out that my cell doesn't end with an 8. My wife is right (as always) that I am challanged with numbers. :o

I don't know when I'll have another opportunity to run at this track but I really hope for the best. I really like the track, staff, and racers.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:19 PM
dogboy
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kazman
I really like the track, staff, and racers.
Agree, Very nice staff from the few times I went there. I need to get back there in the near future. New diff & trans should be done soon & after the 500 mile break-in & my doctors clearance I hope to get back into some seat time.

Quick Reply: Brackets at CFRC on Sunday Dec 12th