Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

The Results...........

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2002, 09:52 AM
Triple Black 88
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

Default Re: The Results........... (ski_dwn_it)

Jesse, thanks for the advise. It really sucks because I feel like my hands are tied when it comes to advanced tuning. I lack the knowledge, tools, time, etc... and like I told you, there aren't any mechanics in my area who could do any of the things you or anyone in this thread can do. When I pull up they take a deep breath and shake their head. They don't even open the hood. I took it to one shop a few months ago because it was leaking antifreeze. He told me that him and his partner had it up and down on the lift 10 times, and could not find where the leak was coming from, so he called me and told me to please come pick your car up. :nonod: Turns out it was the Water Pump seal. Don't get me wrong, the car feels fine, not even a hint of hesitation or miss...but I always have a feeling that I'm missing something, and after reading threads like this makes me think that I'm missing a lot. Tonight me and my brother are installing the AIR Pump Elim, MAT Re-locate, Fixing the manual fan switch, and then tweek the timing...again. I will probably go back to the track within 2 weeks to see if they make any difference along with some new launch techniques. I hope to turn that 13.7 into a 13.5. Thats kind of a lot, but this time the timing will be right, the engine will be cool, and I will have the AIR Elim and MAT re-loc. I'll let you know how it goes. When I get time, I'm going to do a search on the forum for other members that are close to me, check out their profiles and see if any of them are hard core. Maybe one of them can help me out with the laptop (Knock Counts) and custum chip, and anything else that I'm missing.

Quick Reply: The Results...........