Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Lakeland this weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 11:26 PM
kazman
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Lakeland this weekend?

Anyone hitting Lakeland on Saturday? Taking the street pony again and the weather station. Have to remember how to use it.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:37 AM
96collector
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Can't make it this weekend got to work good luck up there wish I can go. The weather station will take patience amazing how many times I've been frustrated with mine. You should get at least three or four runs in the weather station and you will be fine. You can get at least four runs in before the real race..... Good luck....
Old 11-16-2012, 09:29 AM
kazman
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Rick, tell the boss that your sick and come out to race. Last time I used the station was back in '05 or '06. I became aquainted with the tracks and eyeballed a few hitters that the station wasn't necessary. I was shocked last time out (lakeland) that the the mustang picked up so much due the the better air. As a sandbagger it's hard for me to dial down. Will catch up to you sooner or later.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:20 AM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 309 Likes on 139 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

I was busy helping Rob with his go fast car at OSW..he qualified 10th at 8.25 in the 1/4 mile...motor only and never hit the 350 shot...

He got staged wrong at the tree and never got into the groove..hit the pebbles and had to lift...I did not stage him...shame because he was on kill...

He did do better with his Malibu in Sportsman..he won the last night of fire at OSW...took out his last three opponents leading them through by .009, .006 and .001 in the final...he was holding 6 to 7 every round...nice driving...

See you at BMP on Friday...
Old 11-18-2012, 02:53 PM
96collector
Drifting

Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dice
I was busy helping Rob with his go fast car at OSW..he qualified 10th at 8.25 in the 1/4 mile...motor only and never hit the 350 shot...

He got staged wrong at the tree and never got into the groove..hit the pebbles and had to lift...I did not stage him...shame because he was on kill...

He did do better with his Malibu in Sportsman..he won the last night of fire at OSW...took out his last three opponents leading them through by .009, .006 and .001 in the final...he was holding 6 to 7 every round...nice driving...

See you at BMP on Friday...
Congratulations Rob, I am sure that Rob went lot of rounds how many sportsman races did they have.....Kaz, how did you do over at Lakeland?.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:28 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 309 Likes on 139 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

I was told 92 sportsman racers showed up...I was shocked at the turn out...word all over the pits is that Ozzie, from Lakeland, made the deal to take over OSW starting in January....now if he takes it IHRA all will be well..we all have our fingers crossed...
Old 11-20-2012, 07:37 PM
96collector
Drifting

No kidding Wow That is good news. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens. If any news let us know.....

Get notified of new replies

To Lakeland this weekend?

Quick Reply: Lakeland this weekend?