Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Looking to build a daily driver - dragster!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 05:01 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

Default Looking to build a daily driver - dragster!

Vettes have been my daily drivers for the last 14 years, and I'm looking for something different. This might not be the correct forum, but what the hey!

All electric. Only need small town range of 10 miles. 20 might be more comfortable. 2 seater, deluxe and nice quiet ride. Looking to convert something like a '41 ****** coupe. Either original or kit. Glass or steel. No ICE! Plan on headers of sorts, as sound tubes for computer generated exterior sound system. Most all the weight in back, wheelies might be necessary.

Any input, ideas, where to go, who to see about moving forward will be appreciated. Reality is always an issue, but I haven't yet arrived at what I might actually spend to do such a crazy thing.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:02 PM
larry00
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoonose
Vettes have been my daily drivers for the last 14 years, and I'm looking for something different. This might not be the correct forum, but what the hey!

All electric. Only need small town range of 10 miles. 20 might be more comfortable. 2 seater, deluxe and nice quiet ride. Looking to convert something like a '41 ****** coupe. Either original or kit. Glass or steel. No ICE! Plan on headers of sorts, as sound tubes for computer generated exterior sound system. Most all the weight in back, wheelies might be necessary.

Any input, ideas, where to go, who to see about moving forward will be appreciated. Reality is always an issue, but I haven't yet arrived at what I might actually spend to do such a crazy thing.
I've seen an electric Dragster at the track .
Problem is of course weight . A full size vehicle weighs so much you would need a huge electric motor with accompanying heavy batteries to make it believably fast .

Maybe a super light Roadster P U would work with batteries in the short bed for ease of service and the motor up front .
Roadster shouldn't be too bad in Arizona .
Old 12-19-2012, 11:23 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Originally Posted by larry00
I've seen an electric Dragster at the track .
Problem is of course weight . A full size vehicle weighs so much you would need a huge electric motor with accompanying heavy batteries to make it believably fast .

Maybe a super light Roadster P U would work with batteries in the short bed for ease of service and the motor up front .
Roadster shouldn't be too bad in Arizona .
I'm thinking 1000# or so of battery/motors. Might look into an early '50's Chevy pickup. It might be more be an easier fit. At least I have a local place to check out:

http://www.premierstreetrod.com/
Old 12-20-2012, 08:37 PM
larry00
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoonose
I'm thinking 1000# or so of battery/motors. Might look into an early '50's Chevy pickup. It might be more be an easier fit. At least I have a local place to check out:

http://www.premierstreetrod.com/
God I love FAT Fenders .
Old 12-28-2012, 08:15 AM
93 ragtop
Le Mans Master

Received 97 Likes on 83 Posts

If you do a search for member Mo Bandy. He has a c4 he converted to electric.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:01 AM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 93 ragtop
If you do a search for member Mo Bandy. He has a c4 he converted to electric.
Hey will do. Thanks for the tip!

Get notified of new replies

To Looking to build a daily driver - dragster!

Quick Reply: Looking to build a daily driver - dragster!