Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Been awhile since I have been in this section...

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Rev Xtreme
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13
Default Been awhile since I have been in this section...

So some updates.

Emily started back racing this season for a couple of National events and her first time in a SG car won at Bristol....her first National Championship in Super Gas. She was .002 on the tree in the final and had only 2 time runs in the SG car.

Also some pics of the wedding (covered in Dec 14th issue of National Dragster, Dan Fletchers feature story):

We had 8 NHRA World Champions there with 21 World Championships between them and a ton of National & Divisonal champs.

Was right after the storm hit so it was a mess all around Russo's on the bay.

:thumbsup:
Old 12-19-2012, 07:32 PM
98NYFINESTVETTE
Le Mans Master

Location: 10.70 @ 124mph, Stock Bottom End @ 3620lbs, ECS Racing Team Member. The 1st NMCA LSX Index Rumble World Champion. 2011,12,13 Champion

Congrats, welcome back.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:49 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Wait, Emily was in NYC, only 20 miles away from me and no one told me?!
I mean, I know she was there for her WEDDING DAY and all but come on.
Ever see the end of the movie 'The Graduate'? LOL

Just kidding of course Tracy, I know that's your daughter I'm talking about and mean no disrespect at all.
Congrats to you and your family.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:53 PM
98NYFINESTVETTE
Le Mans Master

Location: 10.70 @ 124mph, Stock Bottom End @ 3620lbs, ECS Racing Team Member. The 1st NMCA LSX Index Rumble World Champion. 2011,12,13 Champion

I would like to tell a short story how I was saved by Rev Xtreme.

Some of you may have heard or read the story about all the issues I had in March of 2012. When I was preparing to leave for this event, I was leaving in two days. Thinking this would be plenty of time, first the battery died, then the starter. I replaced both. Then the tune decided to do it own thing. Had to borrow an open trailer from Thrust Performance. Towed to ECS - problem fixed.
Arrived in Florida for the first LSX Event for 2012. During Thursday test and tune, I destroy the spider gears. Called ESC, over night the parts. They arrived Friday morning at 10am. The Vette was at Rev extreme at 9am. by 9:30, the rear was out and waiting for parts. When I called Rev Extreme with my problem, without hesitation I was scheduled to be the first vehicle, all other work went on hold for me to get up and running.

When turning the trailer around, the trailer popped the rear window of the truck. Did not blink an eye. I cleaned up the mess and installed a card board replacement window. Load the Vette up and return to the track. I unstrap the front straps, the car is now rolling out of the trailer. I am hanging on for life. Needless to say, the strap slipped through my hands and the hook found a new home in my palm. Did not let go, even with the blood all over the strap and floor. The car stopped as soon as the front tires hit the sand. I was sliding across the floor like a cartoon. It appears that the car was in park, but not 100% maybe 99.8%.

Did I mention the head gasket blew out on the drive down on the diesel. I went through many gallons of coolant going down and returning home.

The point of the story is how the Corvette Community help each other when in need.

Thank you so much to Rev Extreme.

I won the event which was amazing.

Last edited by 98NYFINESTVETTE; 12-19-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:32 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I remember that Rob, that was a rough week for you for sure.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:30 AM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 309 Likes on 139 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Welcome back, Tracy...I'm racing points at Lakeland this year...come by and have some fun with us...
Old 12-20-2012, 07:59 AM
Turbo Bob
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts
Corvette Challenge Champ-01
Dragster Challenge Champ-06

Welcome back Tracy. Congrats to Peter and Emily!
Old 12-20-2012, 12:37 PM
Rev Xtreme
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Wait, Emily was in NYC, only 20 miles away from me and no one told me?!
I mean, I know she was there for her WEDDING DAY and all but come on.
Ever see the end of the movie 'The Graduate'? LOL

Just kidding of course Tracy, I know that's your daughter I'm talking about and mean no disrespect at all.
Congrats to you and your family.
Your not the only one! She has been living there in Queens the past few years working at Biondo Racing products and organizing the "Spring Fling 20's" 4 days of big $ bracket racing in Bristol that is now the #1 most attended drag racing event in history (drivers attendance) and they are also doing one starting spring 2013 in Vegas as the "Vegas Fling"

Great to touch base with the racing crowd I new for so many years here!!

Originally Posted by 98NYFINESTVETTE
I would like to tell a short story how I was saved by Rev Xtreme.

Some of you may have heard or read the story about all the issues I had in March of 2012. When I was preparing to leave for this event, I was leaving in two days. Thinking this would be plenty of time, first the battery died, then the starter. I replaced both. Then the tune decided to do it own thing. Had to borrow an open trailer from Thrust Performance. Towed to ECS - problem fixed.
Arrived in Florida for the first LSX Event for 2012. During Thursday test and tune, I destroy the spider gears. Called ESC, over night the parts. They arrived Friday morning at 10am. The Vette was at Rev extreme at 9am. by 9:30, the rear was out and waiting for parts. When I called Rev Extreme with my problem, without hesitation I was scheduled to be the first vehicle, all other work went on hold for me to get up and running.

When turning the trailer around, the trailer popped the rear window of the truck. Did not blink an eye. I cleaned up the mess and installed a card board replacement window. Load the Vette up and return to the track. I unstrap the front straps, the car is now rolling out of the trailer. I am hanging on for life. Needless to say, the strap slipped through my hands and the hook found a new home in my palm. Did not let go, even with the blood all over the strap and floor. The car stopped as soon as the front tires hit the sand. I was sliding across the floor like a cartoon. It appears that the car was in park, but not 100% maybe 99.8%.

Did I mention the head gasket blew out on the drive down on the diesel. I went through many gallons of coolant going down and returning home.

The point of the story is how the Corvette Community help each other when in need.

Thank you so much to Rev Extreme.

I won the event which was amazing.
Thanks Rob! Drag racers are a little different from the roundy round guys that just want to crash each other and fight! What it's all about. :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dice
Welcome back, Tracy...I'm racing points at Lakeland this year...come by and have some fun with us...
Will do. I need to get out of the 12 hour days at the shop and enjoy some racing again.

Originally Posted by Turbo Bob
Welcome back Tracy. Congrats to Peter and Emily!
Thanks Bob!

A few more pics of them from the last season:

This one they one every event both days between them:

And National event where she won SG & he won SS:

So all Florida members know where we are now, brand new building, 10,000 Sq Ft app for all needs from minor bolt ons to all out fulley fabricated drag cars and anything in between.

www.RevXtreme.com

Old 12-22-2012, 06:02 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

Cruise-In II & IV Veteran
CI VI Drag Champ!

Congratulations to you all Tracey
Old 12-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Rev Xtreme
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

Thanks Edgar! You and all the same!! Merry Christmas & Happy New yYear!
Old 12-25-2012, 11:11 PM
98NYFINESTVETTE
Le Mans Master

Outstanding season!!!!
Congrats. Well deserved.

Get notified of new replies

To Been awhile since I have been in this section...

Quick Reply: Been awhile since I have been in this section...