Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

E-town 2013 race season suggestions thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 10:19 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,091 Likes on 659 Posts

Default E-town 2013 race season suggestions thread

Hi guys,
I am going to speak with David Monday regarding some classes for 2013 so I would like to hear the consensus of what everyone is looking for so I don't just go in with what I think is what everyone is looking for.

First off let me say that I do not make the rules, I have no authority over anything other then my kids and thats only if they decide to listen to me that day. (fortunately they are young so they still usually do, but I know that will change in time)

If the CC coordinators would like to call me shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell, I do not want anyone to think I'm stepping on toes or going around anyone by any means, I'm just trying to get us all racing again!!

The track needs to consolidate a few of the classes due to low car count and lack of sponsorship, that simply is the way it is in this day and age and we have to be receptive to it. The CC brackets were going to be kept but honestly last years EFI series brackets had more cars every race then the CC brackets so I personally think they should be combined. (sorry for suggesting the death of the CC, but facts are facts guys)

The index classes presented now are ran mixed, so in my eyes thats just a bracket race with set dial in's. I'm not personally for that, I like straight index classes- 10.50 runs 10.50, 11.50 runs 11.50 and so on. Does the majority agree with this? I also think these classes need to be opened up to any vehicle, or at least any GM vehicle to increase car count. The days of Corvette only classes are not realistic anymore unfortunately.

The 8.90 index guys (all 3-4 of them..) have decided that 9.50 would be more conducive to car count, we have a handful of guys who can run that all season, but only a few can run eights in August. Would you step up to the 9.50 class if it was available to you?

Any other thoughts or suggestions you have? Lets hear them. And no Jpee, the track will not supply you with a hot blond to drive your car, you have to do it yourself.

And remember, if things don't go the way you wanted, DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER! I'm just trying to help.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:25 AM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Thanks for stepping up Doug, with Edgar gone the Corvette community needs a voice. I have worked with David in the past and he has always been receptive to open dialog and fresh ideas. Time have change car counts have changed but that doesn’t mean we should take a step backwards. This is a perfect thread for the racers to express their concerns and be heard. Good luck and if you need anything from me I’m here to help.
John
Old 01-11-2013, 11:55 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321

Originally Posted by mackeyred96
Thanks for stepping up Doug, with Edgar gone the Corvette community needs a voice. I have worked with David in the past and he has always been receptive to open dialog and fresh ideas. Time have change car counts have changed but that doesn’t mean we should take a step backwards. This is a perfect thread for the racers to express their concerns and be heard. Good luck and if you need anything from me I’m here to help.
John
OK, we need you to not sell your car, move back up here and take the CC over again and bring it back to it's former glory.

Thanks John!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:45 PM
Rob Petyo
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS

The index classes presented now are ran mixed, so in my eyes thats just a bracket race with set dial in's. I'm not personally for that, I like straight index classes- 10.50 runs 10.50, 11.50 runs 11.50 and so on. Does the majority agree with this? I also think these classes need to be opened up to any vehicle, or at least any GM vehicle to increase car count. The days of Corvette only classes are not realistic anymore unfortunately.

Currently I am not planning on entering for points with the proposed mixed index series and brackets. My plans were to maybe run a few events just to get some "seat time" and be able to pick my days and the weather but, I was planning on signing up for a 10.50 index - that's what we built my car for. Even if I am not in the top spots I usually show up for it just because I'd like to keep the leaders honest and make them win. To run against ANY dialed index just isn't for me. I've tried the staggered light system and I get too anxious waiting for the tree to drop and usually go RED...I would sign up again for a 10.50 index class open to any vehicle.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:55 PM
YO-EL
Race Director

Received 875 Likes on 437 Posts

My thoughts are to keep Index racing as heads up classes.

Maybe have a run off King of the Hill mixed Index race after the heads up classes are completed if they want.

Concerning the Corvette Challenge, as long as car count is 32+ I feel this should CONTINUE as a bracket series!

One brand will not out number EFI cars of all different models and it shouldn't matter. We have enough cars in the CC to keep it an exclusive bracket series..
Old 01-11-2013, 04:05 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by YO-EL
My thoughts are to keep Index racing as heads up classes.

Maybe have a run off King of the Hill mixed Index race after the heads up classes are completed if they want.

Concerning the Corvette Challenge, as long as car count is 32+ I feel this should CONTINUE as a bracket series!

One brand will not out number EFI cars of all different models and it shouldn't matter. We have enough cars in the CC to keep it an exclusive bracket series..

Would you still run CC brackets if there was little or no pay out?
Old 01-11-2013, 04:07 PM
YO-EL
Race Director

Of course!

Last edited by YO-EL; 01-11-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Vettekid1992
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wont be doing much racing this year unfortunately either, due to the lack of payout $ and the cost of traveling to the track every weekend is taking its toll, would love to run wit you guys next year but that one rule "EFI" is what is stopping my family from competing nxt year. will still make it to the showNgo and other major events at etown/atco, but it will never be the same
Old 01-11-2013, 05:19 PM
DRIVER456
Melting Slicks

Location: NY- 2013 Corvette Challenge Champion-2013 Index Combo Champion 2015 CC/MM Champion
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Doug,First I want to say thanks.I was talking to Dave back in the summer and I remember him saying an EFI index, 9.50-10.50-11.50 Heads up! I'm with you & El on that one. If they do away with CC and combine it oh well,But if they keep it I will sign up for points for it.The index bracket they have is not so hot,If that is all they have I will be in the points for that.Good thing I didn't send my sign up sheet in just yet.LETS RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:18 PM
fisher auto
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I guess payouts really mean more to some than others! As much as some guys have tied up in the cars is $200-300.00 really making a difference? I say what ever we can do to race Doug, is fine by me!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:35 PM
RichS
Le Mans Master

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts

I like having the CC with all Vettes. But if the count gets any lower it may have to be combined with another class like EFI.

Not a fan of the mixed Index, I would rather a heads up index like El stated and then maybe a runoff.

It would be nice to still have some payouts to win some gas money, but it's not a reason to stop racing.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:47 PM
Dave-T
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a thread going on in Bracket Talk forum. You might want to add to it. John from E-Town is reading it.

http://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/t...2/m/9447031226
Old 01-11-2013, 08:47 PM
jpee
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think Lebanon Vally is paying 3rd round loser $40.....Hell how can can that be bad....

Did E Town ever pay 3 round loser ? I don't remember ever...

I don't want to be a crybaby, BUT I just cant justify driving 200 miles round trip, and win a $6 or $7 trophy If I'm' gonna race at a track, I want some kind of pay out !!!
Old 01-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Eric Fischer
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Here are my thoughts:

For the bracket race, I don't really care if there is a payout. I'd rather put any sponsorship money we have towards keeping the entry fee low than keeping a large payout. And even if there were no payout I would still race.

For the index racing, let's keep it a true heads up class instead of the pro-posed staggered index. We already have a bracketed index class, it's called Pro Dial Dash. Why add a class that is going to compete with that? Again if it means no payout, that is fine by me, but let's keep the poor man's head's class alive by keepingdedicated indexes.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:25 PM
YO-EL
Race Director

Originally Posted by Dave-T
There is a thread going on in Bracket Talk forum. You might want to add to it. John from E-Town is reading it.

Good idea!
Old 01-12-2013, 06:04 PM
Dave-T
Drifting

Default Payouts

Originally Posted by fisher auto
I guess payouts really mean more to some than others! As much as some guys have tied up in the cars is $200-300.00 really making a difference? I say what ever we can do to race Doug, is fine by me!
This is my take on payouts. The dollar winnings mean absolutely nothing to me. Compared to the amount of money I have in my car the winnings are pennies. However I think we still need to have decent payouts. The better payouts raise the level of competition.

Also I think with payouts the racers actually take the sport more seriously and try to improve their racing ability. A good analogy is playing nickel, dime, quarter poker vs. $1, $5, $10. With the low winnings competitor don't care as much and you don't race or play well. Let's face it we are all competitive by nature or we would not be racing.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:21 PM
Ron Higgins
Burning Brakes

This is my take on payouts. The dollar winnings mean absolutely nothing to me. Compared to the amount of money I have in my car the winnings are pennies. However I think we still need to have decent payouts. The better payouts raise the level of competition.

Also I think with payouts the racers actually take the sport more seriously and try to improve their racing ability. A good analogy is playing nickel, dime, quarter poker vs. $1, $5, $10. With the low winnings competitor don't care as much and you don't race or play well. Let's face it we are all competitive by nature or we would not be racing.
WITH DAVE

Get notified of new replies

To E-town 2013 race season suggestions thread

Old 01-12-2013, 10:14 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Doug meeting is with David, if your name isn't NAPP your not making any important decisions.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:21 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Can someone explain to me why no one wants to run a mixed index?
Old 01-13-2013, 08:02 AM
YO-EL
Race Director

Didn't you read what Eric wrote?

Originally Posted by Eric Fischer
We already have a bracketed index class, it's called Pro Dial Dash. Why add a class that is going to compete with that? indexes.

Plus, we LIKE racing heads up on the Pro Tree!

Heads up Index racing offers a different type of race that many people like and enjoy & want to compete in! After so many years of full tree bracket racing, heads up racing is fresh, exciting, and makes for THE most competitive race there is!

Didn't you hear my radio interview?

Last edited by YO-EL; 01-13-2013 at 08:06 AM.

Quick Reply: E-town 2013 race season suggestions thread