Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Went to the track last night - (LACR)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 03:32 PM
scool93535
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to the track last night - (LACR)

No new best :( but, I did meet another Vette owner, CF member Top1Gun. He was there with his bright yellow monster Z06 with the Vortex supercharger. What a beautiful car. :cool: :cool:

We had an opportunity to chat and made a few runs together. He's working on getting it hook up, he has an awful lot of HP for the conditions last night, but once he does, that will be one quick Z06. :yesnod: That car drew a lot of attention from everyone, rustang owners, f-bodies, bikers and, yes even ricers. :smash: :smash: :smash: His biggest problem was keeping the drool off of the car. :jester

My little ol LS1 with bolt ons was no match for that kind of power. Fortunately for me, he was running street tires also. Given the track conditions, neither of us could hook up real well so I did get to give him a couple of scary moments but, big HP came through in the end.

I think we gave the small crowd some entertaining momentsl, between us I think we were knocking down the best times of the 4 wheelers in attendance. :D

I'm looking forward to future opportunities to run with Mr. Top1Gun again, and I'm trying to get him interested in participating in the WCCC series next year.

To you TopGun :cheers:
Old 11-14-2002, 05:14 PM
top1gun
Intermediate

Default Re: Went to the track last night - (scool93535)

The feeling is mutual. WOW that was fun last night. Other then figuring out I really need some slicks and need to shake the rust off..I must say it put a serious smile on my face. Was great to meet a fellow CF member and was great to give the crowd a show with you. By the way I think we did the best burnouts in the box..I need tires..lol I was impressed by the people I met last night all willing to give me some hints to try and get the HP to stick. I learned a great deal. my experience is in dirt racing so if any of you need hints maybe we can trade. lol just wanted to say thanks scool93535 it was a true pleasure to meet you and look forward to doing it again soon. all I can say after last night is thank god I had some ponies to find you at the end..because you sure launch like a pro..cheers to you as well. Dan :cheers:
Old 11-14-2002, 09:07 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

:cool: :cheers:
Old 11-14-2002, 11:43 PM
pablocruise
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so what did "the Z" run? (dieing with curiousity)
Old 11-15-2002, 02:26 AM
gary brown
Drifting

Default Re: Went to the track last night - (89 Paul in Cal)

so what did "the Z" run? (dieing with curiousity)

Yeah, give us some times. You MUST give us your times! Resistance is futile! :rolleyes: :D :lol:
Old 11-15-2002, 10:42 AM
scool93535
Drifting

Default Re: Went to the track last night - (gary brown)

I really think Top1Gun should give you the times but,,,,, If I remember correctly, his first time out of the box on street tires was on the order of a 12.7 :eek:

He's putting down some serious HP & TQ. :yesnod:

Get notified of new replies

To Went to the track last night - (LACR)

Quick Reply: Went to the track last night - (LACR)