Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Mike talked me into the YANK SS3800..Why?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 01:23 PM
vstella
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Mike talked me into the YANK SS3800..Why?

:seeya: For those of you who have bee following my post on the new Yank SS series converter. See post http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zero...postid=5050294

Mike talked me into the new SS3800 today instead of the SS3600. Why?..Because it pulls just a little harder and keeps me in the sweet spot a little longer. There could be .2-.3 in it.. :rolleyes: We will see.

If I get it Wednesday..I'll install Thursday..get to the track Friday for a few passes before the BPP Vette/ Viper shootout February 9th in Bradenton, Florida. :yesnod: Of course I will post the results and videos .. :yesnod:

Friday at Moroso is Midnight Madness...I love slapping Mustangs..Cobra's too! :lol:
Old 01-10-2003, 05:20 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II & IV Veteran
CI VI Drag Champ!

Default Re: Mike talked me into the YANK SS3800..Why? (vstella)

Sorry but didn't Mike talk you into the 3600 before?

What changed?
Old 01-10-2003, 06:07 PM
vstella
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Mike talked me into the YANK SS3800..Why? (REDGAR)

What changed?....REDGAR
The SS3800 has the same street manners..just more pull at the top end and I'm looking for mph increase too!..If I'm gonig to do this ..Why not have every advantage.. :rolleyes: :thumbs:
Old 01-10-2003, 07:46 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

Cruise-In II & IV Veteran
CI VI Drag Champ!

Okay then why not 4400?
Old 01-10-2003, 08:09 PM
vstella
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Mike talked me into the YANK SS3800..Why? (REDGAR)

Sometimes too much of a good thing..IS too much.. :rolleyes: We will see after the install....I'm thinking the SS3800 should be just right :thumbs:
Old 01-10-2003, 08:57 PM
CFI-EFI
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Don't forget the hot rodder's credo, "If some's good, then more's better. And too much is just enough."

I hope it works.

RACE ON!!!
Old 01-10-2003, 11:02 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

I think these convertor companies are full of POOO when it comes to their advertized stall. To much depends on the car and the horsepower and the torque they make. What 2800 in you car may be 3600 in mine. How they set the vains is a guess, it may be close but a few hundred RPM you'll never see.
Old 01-11-2003, 12:13 AM
gary brown
Drifting

Default Re: Mike talked me into the YANK SS3800..Why? (CFI-EFI)

Don't forget the hot rodder's credo, "If some's good, then more's better. And too much is just enough."
:iagree:

Brother Vince - you are my Brother in Mod Aholism. CFI's words reflect the TRUE reality of your situation. Save your money. Call Mike back. Cancel the 3800. Go directly to the ProThrusters. Do not pass "go". But DO collect the hundreds of dollars you are going to save in parts and labor because ALL of us - your fellow ModAholics - KNOW that you are a fellow whack-job :crazy: - who will tire of the 3800 just as I grew tired of my ST 3500 after ONLY seven passes. GREAT converter but "the sickness" of our shared disease drove me towards the ProThruster. :D

In the deepest recesses of the ModAholic mind, we ALWAYS want more. The ProThrusters are eminently streetable. You know this. I know this. God knows this. Face your true nature, mi amigo! You KNOW back in the rececces of your ModAholic mind that there is going to be a 4000+ stall converter in your future.

Vince, remember that we had this little converstation. :yesnod: :rolleyes: ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gary
Proud (and very sick) Member, ModAholics Anonymous
:D :cheers:

[Modified by gary brown, 12:17 AM 1/11/2003]
Old 01-11-2003, 11:43 AM
vstella
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Mike talked me into the YANK SS3800..Why? (gary brown)

ALL of us - your fellow ModAholics - KNOW that you are a fellow whack-job :crazy: In the deepest recesses of the ModAholic mind, we ALWAYS want more. ...gary brown

Gosh Gary ..You flatter me :blush::blush: I feel like I'm on the couch..The converter has been shipped...The SS3800 is a pretty big jump from the PT2800...we will see..we will see.. :rolleyes: :lol:
Old 01-12-2003, 02:25 AM
gary brown
Drifting

Vince - when it comes to modding our cars, we're ALL on the couch! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol :thumbs:

Get notified of new replies

To Mike talked me into the YANK SS3800..Why?

Quick Reply: Mike talked me into the YANK SS3800..Why?