Engine Mods Outrageous Builds, High-Horsepower Modifications, strokers, and big cams for the Corvette

accel wide band question

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 07:45 PM
yellow94coupe
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default accel wide band question

I'm thinking about buying an Accel DFI Gen VII ECU and an Innovative Motorsports LC-1 Wideband Controller. Would I be able to connect the analog output of the LC-1 to an analog input on the ECU? I see there is a generic 0-5V linear wideband option you can select that should make this work. Does this work for any Accel ECU or does some kind of key need to be purchased to enable any sort of wideband logging?
Old 08-13-2007, 08:33 PM
danno85
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't answer your question about how to interface a third party wideband controller to the Accel DFI ECU, but I would recommend you buy the Accel wideband controller. Not only will it allow wideband logging, but you can set up desired A/F ratios in a table and the ECU will "correct" to the specified A/F ratio for the cell the engine is operating in. I don't know why you wouldn't want to use Accel's stuff unless it's a $$ issue, as it is made to work together.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:51 PM
yellow94coupe
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thinking about doing the Innovative logging equipment while the car still has a carb then later buying the Accel. I just want to make sure things are compatible and if I need to factor in an extra cost for the Accel to use a wideband feature.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Bullshark
Melting Slicks

Received 104 Likes on 49 Posts
CI 5 & 8 Veteran

Originally Posted by yellow94coupe
I'm thinking about doing the Innovative logging equipment while the car still has a carb then later buying the Accel. I just want to make sure things are compatible and if I need to factor in an extra cost for the Accel to use a wideband feature.

The LC-1 will work fine. I am an Accel Gen VII user and fan, but the Accel wideband O2 is overpriced. If they ever get around to releasing the Gen VIII, it is supposed to have an integrated WB controller.

Bullshark
Old 10-20-2007, 09:15 AM
yedister
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by yellow94coupe
I'm thinking about buying an Accel DFI Gen VII ECU and an Innovative Motorsports LC-1 Wideband Controller. Would I be able to connect the analog output of the LC-1 to an analog input on the ECU? I see there is a generic 0-5V linear wideband option you can select that should make this work. Does this work for any Accel ECU or does some kind of key need to be purchased to enable any sort of wideband logging?
ontact http://www.fasttrackperformance.com/ they can help.

Get notified of new replies

To accel wide band question

Quick Reply: accel wide band question