Engine Mods Outrageous Builds, High-Horsepower Modifications, strokers, and big cams for the Corvette

GM Warranty Void with Mods?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 04:41 PM
keith568
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM Warranty Void with Mods?

Not sure where to post, but I have a question that's probably somewhere in this forum already so I apologize in advance.

If I make modifications to my 2013 I know I've seen threads that say the drive train warranty could or will be voided. Does that go for all other items like lets says AC unit, or other items? I got the extended warranty that covers bumper to bumper.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:39 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

theres some act that supposedly keeps the dealer from saying that but do you want to deal wiht it? Used to be a service writer and see cars turned away for some stupid reasons & they get away with it
Id read the fine print on your warranty and stick to that.

Last edited by cv67; 04-02-2018 at 08:40 AM.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:46 PM
keith568
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
theres some act that supposedly keeps the dealer from saying that but do you want to deal wiht it? Used to be a service writer and see cars turned away for some stupid reasons & they get away with it
Id read the fine print on your warranty and stick to that.
no I don't want to, probably will just steer clear until warranty is about to expire. thx
Old 04-02-2018, 04:53 PM
oemtech
Melting Slicks

Received 159 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by keith568
Not sure where to post, but I have a question that's probably somewhere in this forum already so I apologize in advance.

If I make modifications to my 2013 I know I've seen threads that say the drive train warranty could or will be voided. Does that go for all other items like lets says AC unit, or other items? I got the extended warranty that covers bumper to bumper.
It depends a lot on the dealer... Example - change out the exhaust - cat backs. Might void any warranty work on the exhaust only or you blow an engine they might blame the exhaust mod. Personally I wouldn't do it.

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
there's some act that supposedly keeps the dealer from saying that but do you want to deal with it? Used to be a service writer and see cars turned away for some stupid reasons & they get away with it I'd read the fine print on your warranty and stick to that.
Magnuson Moss act... But, don't hold your breath if you try to invoke it unless you have a dam good attorney and deep pockets.

Last edited by oemtech; 04-02-2018 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:24 AM
farmington
Safety Car

Received 1,119 Likes on 798 Posts

if YOUR dealer tries to bump you for trivial mods, try another one. Someone will take you (and the money from your warranty) fix your car. Consider using a hand held programmer, you can reload the stock tune if you need to go in for work. If you want an axleback exhaust, try a factory NPP setup.

Get notified of new replies

To GM Warranty Void with Mods?

Quick Reply: GM Warranty Void with Mods?