Notices
Engine Mods Outrageous Builds, High-Horsepower Modifications, strokers, and big cams for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT1 conversion from dry sump to wet sump

Old 03-02-2019, 01:08 PM
JT70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 conversion from dry sump to wet sump

Hello, totally new to this forum so let me say thank you for information I have read so far. It's been great reading.
I have a 1970 Corvette that I want to put an LT1 in and use the existing Muncie 4 speed. This is a street car not a race car. So far the only used LT1's I have found are dry sump engines. So what's involved in converting to a wet sump system? Or should I go with a dry sump LT1 and build a tank to fit in the car? Thanks for anyone's input.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:55 PM
us3rname
CF Senior Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by JT70 View Post
Hello, totally new to this forum so let me say thank you for information I have read so far. It's been great reading.
I have a 1970 Corvette that I want to put an LT1 in and use the existing Muncie 4 speed. This is a street car not a race car. So far the only used LT1's I have found are dry sump engines. So what's involved in converting to a wet sump system? Or should I go with a dry sump LT1 and build a tank to fit in the car? Thanks for anyone's input.
If you're referring to the Gen V 6.2 LT1 there are wet sump motors all over the place motly out of Camaros and Base model stingrays. To convert have a feeling it would be quite involved. I'm not 100% sure what it would take but id start with swapping the crank, oil pan, oil pump, timing gear, crank balancer and possibly oil cooler
Old 04-27-2019, 02:23 PM
cuisinartvette
CF Senior Member

Received 1,223 Likes on 1,120 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Post up your solution, no need for a dry sump on a street car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LT1 conversion from dry sump to wet sump

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: