Engine Mods Outrageous Builds, High-Horsepower Modifications, strokers, and big cams for the Corvette

Overheating

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 08:34 PM
Danielle Bourque
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overheating

I've got a Suzuki Samurai with a Corvette 350 installed. I'm struggling with overheating. I've got a new thermostat, but it's a huge engine in a little space it's running at 210 in the summer. I've been pulling over frequently after about 15 mins on the highway at 85km cause I don't dare try and push it to reach the speed limit. I'm wondering if I need vents or if it could be another issue. I've had many people look at it and say it's ok, but that either a new rad or vents. But this is the biggest rad I could fit. They extended to front and added a to front and a custom bumper for room for the rad. Help!
Old 07-17-2019, 01:27 PM
Klondike
Team Owner

Received 110 Likes on 89 Posts

You didn't really say which Corvette 350 you have. If it's an LT1 or later, you are right at the correct temps.The later blocks run hotter, and it is actually better for the cylinder and ring wear and efficiency than running too cold. If you run it up over 230* then you are starting to over heat it. My LT4 runs 209* on the highway and about 215* in the slow neighborhood. It will actually run a little cooler with the AC turned ON because it activates the electric fans. We cured my friends highway overheating 460 Fairmont with a little spoiler under the front end right under the radiator. At highway speed it sweeps air out from under the front end and creates a low pressure area under the engine causing hot air to be pulled down from the radiator/engine and out the fenders behind he front wheel area.

Quick Reply: Overheating