F-Body General Discussion Non-Corvette General Discussion on Camaro, Firebird and Trans Am, F-Body Technical Info, for sale

Resto in reverse

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 06:06 PM
Last 62
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Resto in reverse

My winter project is to put a 69 Z-28 look-a-like engine in my 1995 camaro. The car orginally had a V-6. Has anyone done this? What kind of problems am I in for? What to do about distributer? Radiator, etc,etc.

I am also planning to make the exterior look as much like a 69 with emblems, stripes and such.

Thanks for your help,

Jim
Old 10-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Iroc-Z89
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

goodluck,, those fourth gens a a bitch to modify... u might be better off starting with a different generation.. otherwise that small block wont look like a 69 z engine
Old 10-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Mojave
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Last 62
My winter project is to put a 69 Z-28 look-a-like engine in my 1995 camaro. The car orginally had a V-6. Has anyone done this? What kind of problems am I in for? What to do about distributer? Radiator, etc,etc.

I am also planning to make the exterior look as much like a 69 with emblems, stripes and such.

Thanks for your help,

Jim
Getting clearence for the carb and distributor will require significant cutting of the cowl, and the distributor still might not clear. I'm not sure I would go through the trouble of swapping a V8 into a V6 4th gen, especially when LT1 4th gens are so cheap.

Get notified of new replies

To Resto in reverse

Quick Reply: Resto in reverse