F-Body General Discussion Non-Corvette General Discussion on Camaro, Firebird and Trans Am, F-Body Technical Info, for sale

2010 Camaro RECALL Already???

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 03:07 AM
jdmvette
Night Owl for life
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,247 Likes on 1,668 Posts

bummer.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:00 AM
Lancejoker
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vega$Vette
Rush a product???? Are you kidding or what? They have been working on the NEW Camaro for 9 years at least. That's the real problem...Taking soooo long while the Mustang and Chargers are taking the market share.
9 years? Not quite. They stopped making them in 2002. Wasn't mentioned again for another 3-4 years. Not sure how that translates into 9 years from only 2005-2006
Old 05-07-2009, 10:13 PM
PewtVette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lancejoker
9 years? Not quite. They stopped making them in 2002. Wasn't mentioned again for another 3-4 years. Not sure how that translates into 9 years from only 2005-2006
Maybe GM didn't mention it to you (or us) but this car has been in the works since they closed the old Ste. Therese plant in Canada in '02. So I'd say 6-7 years would be a more accurate number. This car was definitely not rushed.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Virginia Events Coordinator
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Talking with a GM Camaro Engineer Saturday...........wait till the high speed shimmy comes out as a rotor/caliper issue!
Told him..................20" wheels should have taken a proven C6 brake set up..............doh!
Old 05-10-2009, 12:48 PM
backnblack2003z06
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ALLTHROTTLE&NOBOTTLE
Talking with a GM Camaro Engineer Saturday...........wait till the high speed shimmy comes out as a rotor/caliper issue!
Told him..................20" wheels should have taken a proven C6 brake set up..............doh!
I noticed that the SS our dealer got had wheel weights stuck to the calipers figured that was it was for, but couldn't find any info. What a cheap fix, and looks like crap.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:54 AM
aussiejohn
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default battery cable

G'day,
This is my first time here, I'm usually in the C3 forum, but thought I'd have a peep to see how the Australian designed Camaro was going.
I had heard about the battery cable problem and a friend who was one of the draftsmen on the Camaro told me that there is nothing wrong with the DESIGN of the battery cable and its routing.

They've hand built several cars from pre-production tooling and thoroughly tested them in the Australian outback and there were no problems. My friend believes that the problem is the production line workers in Canada who are possibly a bit careless when they assemble that part of the car.

I've not been for a ride in one, but have sat in one and had a good look over it. Apart from the lack of room (for an adult) in the back seat, it's a sharp looking car. If they made them Right Hand Drive and sold them in Australia, I'd have to consider one for a DD.

Let's all hope that this hiccup passes quickly and the Camaro sets plenty of sales records. If that happens, we'll surely see the convertible and perhaps even a RHD version before long

Regards from Down Under

aussiejohn
13 weeks to go (for my trip Up Over)
Old 05-11-2009, 02:25 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Fratbragen
just my .02, but this car wasn't rushed. They've been talking about it for 3 years, leaking some pics here and there. They had more than enough time to fix this little embarrassment. I really want GM to make it, but you have to wonder sometimes. HOWEVER, almost every car has some sort of recall... so to be fair this has to be considered.
this car was done 3 years ago!!!! Rushed? more like dragged out, to the point where most interest in the car was lost. GM should have realsed it right after the Transformers movie, they would have made a killing.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Y-ME
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This ain't the first time a car company (not just GM) posted a recall on a brand new model.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:07 PM
99ta316
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Y-ME
This ain't the first time a car company (not just GM) posted a recall on a brand new model.
Lies. The sky if falling. Gloom and doom, gloom and doom. Oh wait, you are right. How could anyone forget about the new ford GT and a poor gasoline filler neck/tank issue that would catch the car on fire while filling the car up. Or the improper casting of the a arms resulting in them fracturing causing lose of control and crashing.

Quick Reply: 2010 Camaro RECALL Already???