F-Body General Discussion Non-Corvette General Discussion on Camaro, Firebird and Trans Am, F-Body Technical Info, for sale

New Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Raven02TA
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coolface08

I can tell you that almost everyone here give corvette owners an immaculate and great reputation.
right there.... ALMOST.... ill admit some of the local owners on here are the ones that i meet every week at the local friday/saturday gatherings. and they are great people. ill also say that what i mentioned above about being told i couldn't come out because i didnt own a vette' also came from this very board.

don't get me wrong. i love this board and i love corvettes almost as much as my t/a. I would own a corvette also if it were reasonable for me to do so.

darkstallion_69, thanks. while like you and many others we are on boards specifically for a particular car we welcome all cars to come out. any brand.

for instance. F-bodyhideout.com has been going for 10 years now. which im proud to be a member of. have hosted gatherings etc. We have NEVER turned away anyone who wants to come out. we all enjoy one thing... cars. i have never turned my nose up to any of them. not even an import.... it just seems to me the majority of the vette owners...albeit ill even include viper owners etc in the catagory, have their noses stuck up in the air toward us.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:36 PM
02MillenniumVette
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by slickfx3
bang for the buck?
Compared to other Pony Cars it is but Id rather have a brand new C6 for the same price. I do love the looks of the new Camaro though and hope to own a new SS one day.

Originally Posted by gabezC4
My good friend who is a car nut says the new Camero looks like a Dodge Charger and Mustang. He said its hard to distinguish between the three from a far enough distance. I sort of agree. I saw the Camero at a car show in SF and I also thought they were too chunky and plasticy. Still would love to have one though, especially the SS.
The Camaro may have some similarities to the Charger and Mustang but you can tell the difference between them. They really arent "plasticy" since most of the panels are metal. You could say the same about the Vette since it has plastic panels on it.

Originally Posted by VetteFreak91
I know allot of Camaro guys that are in my area, since I owned one. I am tired of hearing that Camaros are second class or that they are the poor mans corvette. The only reason that you say that is because deep down inside you all know that with one or tow MOD's that these "crappy" cars can kick butt. IMHO the Camaro is like the younger brother of the corvette that can still smoke us in quarter miles and track races. The owners of the camaros that I know keep just as good of care of their car as any vette owner. My buddies stock 1995 Z28 gives me a good run for my money with his LT1 under the hood.
You might not like hearing it as much as the other F-body people do but the F-body has always been known as a poor mans Vette. Ive owned two Camaros in the past and had no problem with that saying. Some people just dont have thicker skin to let it go though. You really shouldnt start the whole "with just one or two mods" bs either. You can do the same to the Corvette. You need to compare it stock for stock or mod for mod. Either way, the F-body and Vette are two completely different cars.

Originally Posted by slickfx3
pontiac solstice and the saturn sky is the poormans vette
Not really since they dont come with the same engine as the Vette from the factory.

Originally Posted by VetteDriven
The 1993-2002 Camaro is what killed the car in the first place.
GM shoved the motor under the windshield. Sitting in the seat
was like looking out of a mail box. The 1967-69s were the best,
The 1970-1981 were good. The 1982-1992 were ok, but the
1993-2002 were horrible. The Corvette is still better. After driving
a Corvette why would you want to take a step backwards with a
Camaro. Five years from now the Camaro will be like a PT Cruiser,
but a Vette is a Vette!!!!!!!!
Really!? Thats why the produced them for nine years. The 4th gen F-body is the generation that came back and started kicking Mustangs butt again so I wouldnt really say they were horrible. Why would it really matter to you anyways if someone sold their Vette to get a Camaro. Its their money.

Originally Posted by Vette Daddy
Theyr'e still going to rust in a few years. Kind of like a tradition.

My Corvette will still look like a million bucks.
Yea thats why there are some many around now. Its all in how well you take care of it. There are a lot of Vettes out there that look like crap because they werent taken care of so I doubt they look like a million bucks.

Originally Posted by Jimcol711
I am not interested in this new Camaro until the T-Top version comes out. Screw hard-top cars...im spoiled with the Targa Top on my C4...im not so much interested in a full on convertible but a T-Top Camaro is essential in my book. One goes with the other.
From what Ive heard there will not be a t-top. Thats why they have the option for a sunroof now.

Originally Posted by Raven02TA
go figure. two comments from vette owners sticking their noses in the air toward f-body owners. We have the same love for our cars as much as you do yours. Maybe we like the styling of ours better than a vette. Or maybe we need the back seat so our kids can also enjoy the car for a family outing to say, a car show. maybe we like to pay $20K less to look good and go JUST AS FAST.
Maybe for the 4th gen. but you can get a new C6 for the same price as a 5th gen. SS.

Originally Posted by Raven02TA
its hardly an overreaction. i mean no offense by what i say but 70% of the corvette people i have met and or meet at car shows, the track etc. most of them have their noses stuck up in the air towards "the poor mans corvette"

example: i waved to a guy with a c6 z06 the other night on my way to work. stopped at a light with him, his window was down and i yelled over that he had a nice car.

the guy "huffed" at me. and by guy i mean a 40+ yr old man. which then he decided he wanted to try to give me a show on the street and make an attempt to launch his car next to me.

the next light we had a run and needless to say im sure he was surprised how far my taillights were ahead of him.

this all started with me just wanted to tell him his red Z06 was nice. and he wanted to turn it into an ego trip. i had no intention to run him until he launched the car the first time.

example#2 there was a local corvette gathering.... i wanted to swing by with my kid and my "poor mans corvette" and look at some nice cars...and was told because i dont own a corvette i cant come out. i find that to be stuck up BS.
I know exactly what you mean. When I owned my Camaros I came across a lot of snobby Vette owners but once I owned a Vette it was a different story. I know not all Vette owners are like that, cause I know Im not, but they are the ones that give us a bad name. Your example #2 is crazy. I cant believe they wouldnt let you just look at the cars cuase you had a F-body. Thats really messed up.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:51 AM
MisterZ28
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im just a little sad about the weight.

Quick Reply: New Camaro