F-Body General Discussion Non-Corvette General Discussion on Camaro, Firebird and Trans Am, F-Body Technical Info, for sale

Added more HP

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 04:47 PM
glava2876
Burning Brakes

Received 272 Likes on 144 Posts

Default Added more HP

Installed a CAT delete "test tube" to unleash the beast.

The factory 175HP just wasn't enough anymore -I'll have to get it on a dyno!

Last edited by glava2876; 11-01-2018 at 04:53 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:06 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

They still make those "test pipes"??

Just a suggestion....when I had my '77 Pontiac T/A, it, of course, came with a single exhaust and the dreaded "cat con". NY didn't "smog check" at the time, so the first modification I tried was a Hooker "sidemount" exhaust system. It was simply the same header-type side exhaust that they had been making for the Corvettes, adjusted, of course, to fit the Pontiac engine, as well as the longer wheelbase of the F-body chassis. Sadly, however, the headers rotted out after only two summers of driving. I then put the OE iron manifolds back on, and installed an OE replacement, 1974 Firebird dual exhaust system. That stayed on the car for many years thereafter. I would think that your Camaro's exhaust manifolds are the same as earlier models, and 1970-74 pipes would work.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:38 PM
glava2876
Burning Brakes

Received 272 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
They still make those "test pipes"??

Just a suggestion....when I had my '77 Pontiac T/A, it, of course, came with a single exhaust and the dreaded "cat con". NY didn't "smog check" at the time, so the first modification I tried was a Hooker "sidemount" exhaust system. It was simply the same header-type side exhaust that they had been making for the Corvettes, adjusted, of course, to fit the Pontiac engine, as well as the longer wheelbase of the F-body chassis. Sadly, however, the headers rotted out after only two summers of driving. I then put the OE iron manifolds back on, and installed an OE replacement, 1974 Firebird dual exhaust system. That stayed on the car for many years thereafter. I would think that your Camaro's exhaust manifolds are the same as earlier models, and 1970-74 pipes would work.
This test pipe is way better quality than the one I had back in the 80's. I know that the HP change is about "0", but I remembered that it made it sound better and it does do that.
I had a 75 TA with the 400 and turbo 400 -that was a really cool car with awesome top end.
Today, my Corvette is my need for speed vehicle.

Get notified of new replies

To Added more HP

Quick Reply: Added more HP