Factory Correct Resto Corvette Restoration Tips, Bodywork, Numbers Matching, Period-Correct Modifications or Original Condition

Here It Is Friday...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2001, 03:01 PM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Here It Is Friday...

And, This place is slower than a VD clinic on Saturday night! Are you guys so busy working that you have NO time to post some kind of inspired thought for our enlightenment? :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
Old 08-31-2001, 03:22 PM
allenz
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Here It Is Friday... (Chuck Sangerhausen)

How about this, Chuck......yesterday I sold my vette (it gets picked up Tues - I don't want to jinx anything)! I happened to mention to a friend that I was thinking about it and low and behold a friend of his called me and bought it!

Now I need to find me another........go figure!

[Modified by allenz, 2:23 PM 8/31/2001]
Old 08-31-2001, 03:47 PM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

Default Re: Here It Is Friday... (allenz)

Here's one for ya, Allen...advertised by the locally insane:

Chevy Corvette 1980 L82, unrestored original, perfect. Performance red w/red leather interior. Only 6400 original miles. Mirrored T-tops, PW, Tilt, PS, PB, Cruise, A/C, Gymkhana susp. Must See. (Are you ready for this? Hold on to your hat) $28,900. :D :D
Old 08-31-2001, 04:16 PM
Rowdy Rat
Melting Slicks

Received 439 Likes on 257 Posts

Default Here It Is Friday...

There was a nice 20,000 odd mile '70 LT-1 coupe at Carlisle for roughly the same price... Beautiful original paint and interior... Very unmolested mechanically... I'd much rather have that.

By the way Chuck, did you see the 2,000 mile '70 LT-1 advertised in Hemmings a month or so ago for $40,000? If so, any idea who bought it (I know it sold, I called about it)?

Regards,
Old 08-31-2001, 04:30 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Here It Is Friday... (Chuck Sangerhausen)

WOW!!!! :eek: It's nice to think '80 L-82s have appreciated to more than twice their purchase price!!! :lol:
Old 08-31-2001, 05:20 PM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

Default Re: Here It Is Friday... (Rowdy Rat)

There was a nice 20,000 odd mile '70 LT-1 coupe at Carlisle for roughly the same price... Beautiful original paint and interior... Very unmolested mechanically... I'd much rather have that.

By the way Chuck, did you see the 2,000 mile '70 LT-1 advertised in Hemmings a month or so ago for $40,000? If so, any idea who bought it (I know it sold, I called about it)?

Regards,
Hi, Stan, I'm wth you...That kind of money I can understand for a 70 LT-1, but he'll never sell that 80 for that, especially here, even if it has been broken-in already. Anyone wants the telephone number, I'll email it to you.

uhmmmm...2000 mile 70 LT-1 you say? That would cause quite an inner conflict for me: On the one hand, it would immediately push you into the collector class because the car has more value because of the low mileage, so you couldn't drive it. But, on the other hand, it would be a shoo-in Bowtie candidate, a museum piece, all original hoses, and who knows what else (wonder if it still smells new?).

If you were in the hobby for the money, you could always buy it on speculation, get it Bowtied, and wait for Daddy Warbucks to come along. Sounds like he may have already come along. :D :D
Old 08-31-2001, 05:54 PM
Rowdy Rat
Melting Slicks

Received 439 Likes on 257 Posts

Default Re: Here It Is Friday...

uhmmmm...2000 mile 70 LT-1 you say? That would cause quite an inner conflict for me: On the one hand, it would immediately push you into the collector class because the car has more value because of the low mileage, so you couldn't drive it. But, on the other hand, it would be a shoo-in Bowtie candidate, a museum piece, all original hoses, and who knows what else (wonder if it still smells new?).
That's the problem with low mileage cars though, isn't it? As you mentioned, part of the value of these cars is the fact that they haven't been subjected to the wear and tear of a daily driver. From a historical standpoint it's great because you can learn a lot from such a car; on the other hand you can't (well, I couldn't anyway) drive the car in good conscience for fear of destroying some of that history through road use. Personally, I like to drive them and I don't own a trailer... That's probably one of the reasons why my cars are high mileage restored cars... You can always restore a car again if necessary, but it's only original once.

As far as the speculators, you and I know they are already out there doing exactly what you described...

Regards,

Get notified of new replies

To Here It Is Friday...

Quick Reply: Here It Is Friday...