Factory Correct Resto Corvette Restoration Tips, Bodywork, Numbers Matching, Period-Correct Modifications or Original Condition

Garage Project Begins Today

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2002, 08:35 AM
Chuck Gongloff
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 563 Likes on 350 Posts

Default Garage Project Begins Today

My brother in law will be here in about an hour, to begin the "raise the roof" project, prior to buying a lift. Here's a before picture of the area, all cleaned out except for the gas pump and lube-ster. Hope all goes well. Moving the 69 to my mother in law's house this AM, THEN, my wife and I have tickets to the Orioles opening day game. Don't know how many days this project will take. Chuck
Old 04-01-2002, 10:13 AM
Tom/99
Team Owner

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts

Default Re: Garage Project Begins Today (Chuck Gongloff)

Siunds like a great project. I hope all goes well.
Old 04-01-2002, 11:04 AM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 268 Posts

Keep us updated, I cant believe you are going to mess up a nice area like that :D

Tom
Old 04-01-2002, 12:24 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Chuck,

Let me see if I understand this. Your brother-in-law is gonna raise the roof on your sanctuary....and you won't even be there?
:eek: :smash: :lol:
Old 04-01-2002, 02:44 PM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chuck, I dunno, I think I would take EVERYTHING out of there except for the compressor, and I would cover it real well and tape it closed around the bottom. If you have ever worked with wallboard, you know that it is nearly impossible to keep that fine white dust off everything during demolition. You'll have a lot of cleaning and detailing later if you don't. :D

Nice, clean professional looking garage. I hope mine will look that good someday.
Old 04-01-2002, 07:04 PM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Garage Project Begins Today (Patrick Tighe)

Hey guy.... you never told me my garage looked nice! :cry
Oh...uh...Well, I'm sorry, Patrick, I thought I complemented you on your garage...especially the abstract murals on your walls. :lol: :lol: :lol:

How about if I just say, well,uh...that your garage is, uh...interesting. Yeah, that's it,...interesting...Hey, look there at that one (inclining head more horizontally)...It looks like an huge, impish smiley face, or...maybe your once-upon-a-time pre-schoolers were practicing in the garage. And, aw yeah, cool, look at that one there (inclining head in the other direction), it looks like a fat woman bending over.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You'll never see mine now :D :D, but trust me, I know a ratty garage when I see one. And, yours, well uh...it's not ratty, it's just ...interesting . :jester :lol: :lol:

[Modified by Chuck Sangerhausen, 4:06 PM 4/1/2002]
Old 04-01-2002, 08:55 PM
Chuck Gongloff
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 563 Likes on 350 Posts

Well, the destructo has begun. Got home from the Orioles home opener, to find a huge hole where the ceiling used to be. :)

Have to rub it in...the O's beat the hated "Yanquee's" and their 40+ year old "ace", "Rocket Roger" Clemens. Final score was 10-3. He he he. Loved it.

Anyhow, I'm intimately familiar with wallboard dust, and would love to move all the cars, BUT, I can't find anywhere to put them. All my buds have their garages full. Moved one car to my mother in law's house. Will just have to live with the clean up mess after the "deed" is done. Chuck
Old 04-01-2002, 09:11 PM
topless68
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Patrick, you need to go on Trading Spaces with the "That Ole Yankee Workshop guy, and let him do a number on that garage of yours.:yesnod:

Get notified of new replies

To Garage Project Begins Today

Quick Reply: Garage Project Begins Today