Factory Correct Resto Corvette Restoration Tips, Bodywork, Numbers Matching, Period-Correct Modifications or Original Condition

restoration gurus needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 02:54 PM
stellar
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Default restoration gurus needed

I am doing some restorations on alternators and need to know the color and plating used on alternator fans and pulleys. If anyone can enlighten me on when cad plate or zinc plate is used, please tell me. Here is a pic of an alt I am doing for a Pontiac, but I don't know what plating to use on the fan and pulley. I would imagine the appearance has changed over the years as some were black and some were cad and some zinc. If anyone knows an approximate time line or application I would be very grateful to know. I am having a few dozen pulleys and fans plated soon so if anyone is in need of a particular style or plating I could possibly have something or exchange one in need of plating for one I am having done. Thanks for any help. No the bearing is not in crooked it is just a poor photo. I will add a pic when done. Mark
Attached Images     
Old 04-07-2017, 04:41 PM
stellar
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Default 1100903 together without fan or pulley

1100903 pic less fan and pulley. Should the fan and pulley be cad or zinc or a combo?
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: restoration gurus needed