Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Corvette Fun Fest Is Next

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 01:03 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

Default Corvette Fun Fest Is Next

I know that some of you have a case of the azz for Corvette Funfest and that is OK, but I am not asking for those of you who are not going for one reason or another to post here. I am asking for those of you who will be attending Corvette Funfest to post. I will be there with a car in the car For Sale area.
I know that a lot of you posted last year that you would not go to Funfest because they now charge for the event. Well let me see, what Corvette Event don't charge? Well Carliale charges, Bloomington Gold charges, Chevy Vette Fest Charges, all the local car shows charge, hummm who is it that puts on an all Corvette Event that last three days with FREE entertainment on Sat. night and gives you a discount IF you buy items from them. You get a couple of Tee Shirts, hat pin, poster and other things? Guess I will be going to Corvette Fun Fest. If I could not afford the $25.00 they charge then I should not own a Corvette. It is not Mid Americas that raises the Hotel prices, it is the Hotels that do that. Heck they do it in St. Charles, Carlisle, Bowling Green, or anyplace that they hold a large event of any type, not just Corvette Events.
SO WHO IS GOING. I am, and I hope you stop by the For Sale area and say HI. Mike Terry
Old 08-30-2010, 02:01 PM
99 hardtop 08
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We will be there Mike!
Old 08-30-2010, 02:47 PM
HEB
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by 99 hardtop 08
We will be there Mike!

Ditto for me
Old 08-30-2010, 04:44 PM
Midwest Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike,

I will be there.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:56 PM
Johnson 92
Safety Car

Received 334 Likes on 90 Posts
C5 of the Month 6/13

I'll be there on Saturday
Old 08-30-2010, 06:00 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Glad to see you will be at Fun Fest. Please make sure you stop by the For Sale area and see me. I will have my 72 BB Ontario Orange T Top Car there For Sale. See You There
Old 08-31-2010, 02:31 AM
CRUZN C4
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Me and my gf will be there on Friday and Saturday and will be in the "decades" parking.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:48 AM
vettesmith02
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Friday (hopefully) and Saturday
Old 08-31-2010, 08:30 AM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Mike, although I can't arrange time-off this year... I just might attend in 2011. I really appreciate your thoughts on Funfest last Friday evening.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:45 AM
tmjvett2009
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

We are going .(Bowling Green does not raise there rates )
Old 08-31-2010, 10:25 AM
wro87
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WEll my tribe will be there with 3 cars hoping that the oldest son can make it (ARMY). We have been going since the start and our daughter was 5 months old and now she is driving the convertable. We have had fun all these years and the cost is low compaired to the other shows around.
Now the big question is will there be a place and parking for the CORVETTE FORUM FOLKS AGAIN I liked the fact that we where up close last year and worked out fine even when it RAINED!!

Hope to see you all there wro87
Old 08-31-2010, 11:25 AM
shooter1951
Burning Brakes

Our club, Coles County Corvette Club, is doing the parking on Friday. Hope to see some of you then as you are coming in. If not stop be the club parking area and look for our tent. Also be sure to check out the Silent Auction tent. The items in here are donated by Mike and some of the Corvette clubs at Funfest. The clubs help man the event and all the proceeds are given to various charities each club has designated. MAM distributes ALL of the proceeds from their items auctioned off to the club charities.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:58 AM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by tmjvett2009
We are going .(Bowling Green does not raise there rates )
If you go to BG for Laber Day event, the Hotels do raise there rates.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Riks40th
Drifting

Location: St. Louis, Mo......... 1993 Torch Red w/White Interior...2006-07 Bloomington Gold 2005-ZR1/C4 Gathering, 2001-2012 Funfest
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

.....I'll be there.......

Rik
Old 09-02-2010, 08:48 PM
bizaro
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by Mike Terry
I know that some of you have a case of the azz for Corvette Funfest and that is OK, but I am not asking for those of you who are not going for one reason or another to post here. I am asking for those of you who will be attending Corvette Funfest to post. I will be there with a car in the car For Sale area.
I know that a lot of you posted last year that you would not go to Funfest because they now charge for the event. Well let me see, what Corvette Event don't charge? Well Carliale charges, Bloomington Gold charges, Chevy Vette Fest Charges, all the local car shows charge, hummm who is it that puts on an all Corvette Event that last three days with FREE entertainment on Sat. night and gives you a discount IF you buy items from them. You get a couple of Tee Shirts, hat pin, poster and other things? Guess I will be going to Corvette Fun Fest. If I could not afford the $25.00 they charge then I should not own a Corvette. It is not Mid Americas that raises the Hotel prices, it is the Hotels that do that. Heck they do it in St. Charles, Carlisle, Bowling Green, or anyplace that they hold a large event of any type, not just Corvette Events.
SO WHO IS GOING. I am, and I hope you stop by the For Sale area and say HI. Mike Terry

You make a post like this and then go on defending them and trash talking everyone in the other thread. Could you possibly get any more of their junk in your mouth? WTF. If you just wanted to know who was going you should have left it at that. So with that being said, enjoy your trip. bring me back a shirt. Tell me this? How far is your commute? It was a 700 mile trip for us that we looked forward to every year until (like your thread) they fugged it all up.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:43 PM
pinoyvette
Racer

anybody from il leaving early Fri morning to go to funfest?
Old 09-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Zee06
Instructor

I'll be there Saturday!! Looking forward to the cruise down there too!!

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Fun Fest Is Next

Old 09-03-2010, 10:48 AM
mcrams
Burning Brakes

We will be there again along with about eight other club member's cars.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by bizaro
You make a post like this and then go on defending them and trash talking everyone in the other thread. Could you possibly get any more of their junk in your mouth? WTF. If you just wanted to know who was going you should have left it at that. So with that being said, enjoy your trip. bring me back a shirt. Tell me this? How far is your commute? It was a 700 mile trip for us that we looked forward to every year until (like your thread) they fugged it all up.
I new I would get a negitive Yo Yo to comment. If you do not plan on attending for what ever reason then just don't attend. Why tell everyone your sad sack story. Go cry some where else. I am sure that everyone attending will have a good time even with out you there.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:55 PM
bizaro
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by Mike Terry
I new I would get a negitive Yo Yo to comment. If you do not plan on attending for what ever reason then just don't attend. Why tell everyone your sad sack story. Go cry some where else. I am sure that everyone attending will have a good time even with out you there.

No sad sack story here. You just called everyone that doesn't agree with your post a cheap bastage. You can not start a thread and then censor it before it even gets off the ground. Again I'll talk real slow to you because obviously it's the way you process things. If you just wanted to know who was going you could have left out all the other drivel. Don't try to post your view and demand those that don't agree to be silent. This is an open forum. As a learning experience for any other feeble attempts you may be contemplating, your thread would have been fine just like this.

"I know that some of you have a case of the azz for Corvette Funfest and that is OK, but I am not asking for those of you who are not going for one reason or another to post here. I am asking for those of you who will be attending Corvette Funfest to post. I will be there with a car in the car For Sale area." END OF STORY See how that works?

Also it's Labor day, not "Laber"
negative, not "negitive".
"there" rates, should be their rates.
"some where" is one word

You want to keep playing or just let it go?

Quick Reply: Corvette Fun Fest Is Next