Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

When did the IL Tollway switch the preferred Ipass location???

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 12:49 AM
Maligator
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

I know the tolls are out of hand money wise, but just a few credits to using the tollway. They are the best maintained versus state owned highways, help trucks are always dispatched to disabled vehicles that can/will change your tire, give you gas and jump start your car. And, from personal experience, we have the most troopers per mile versus the rest of the state patrolling. Now before you stone me to death for the last comment, the state is so broke, when you dial 911 for a highway emergency, well, your in trouble. At least on the tollway (most of the time) there are enough first responders to quickly go to accidents, respond to calls, etc............

And for the transponder, you guys will love this. I actually had mine mounted wrong; there was a toll collector that just loved to sit there and stare at me when I went through the manual lanes. Then she would walk her wide load out and copy down my plate instead of lifting the gate like every other collector (had no idea that having the ipass pointed the wrong direction would derail the toll collection equipment like this). So here I am responding to a call, emergency lights and siren blaring; guess what, she sits there and stares at me and walks out to copy down my plate......mind you that emergency vehicles in use are not subject to violations, so its not like id get slapped for having gone through the ipass lanes if the call needed me on the main part of the tollway..................

Quick Reply: When did the IL Tollway switch the preferred Ipass location???