Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Haters will hate

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 03:03 PM
MoEngineer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haters will hate

I was wondering if it's just my luck, or if there is that many haters out there?

I went going to a wedding/New Year’s Eve party in Columbia, MO it was a window of fair weather so I drove the vette (C5Z).

I check in to the hotel, (Hampton Inn & Suites) at 4:00 and when I left, only 2 hrs latter at 6:00, someone had written on windows in pink paint "F**K OFF!" on the driver side and "Bonjur" with a ***** image on the passenger side. That is how the spelled it by the way, they don't know how to spell "bonjour".

It was only 40 degrees and the paint never dried. I was able to get some cleaner from the hotel and it came off easily. I was parked next to the door, but there were no cameras in the parking lot.

I don't know if its kids, haters, a-holes, maybe they had some sort of jealously? Clearly they can't identify a 10 year old car.

Maybe haters are regional, anyone else have this problem?
Is it just me?
Other than the obvious bad neighbor hood, are there any other places to avoid?

I've never had a problem anywhere, and this was a nice hotel.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:09 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,621 Likes on 1,740 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by MoEngineer
I was wondering if it's just my luck, or if there is that many haters out there?

I went going to a wedding/New Year’s Eve party in Columbia, MO it was a window of fair weather so I drove the vette (C5Z).

I check in to the hotel, (Hampton Inn & Suites) at 4:00 and when I left, only 2 hrs latter at 6:00, someone had written on windows in pink paint "F**K OFF!" on the driver side and "Bonjur" with a ***** image on the passenger side. That is how the spelled it by the way, they don't know how to spell "bonjour".

It was only 40 degrees and the paint never dried. I was able to get some cleaner from the hotel and it came off easily. I was parked next to the door, but there were no cameras in the parking lot.

I don't know if its kids, haters, a-holes, maybe they had some sort of jealously? Clearly they can't identify a 10 year old car.

Maybe haters are regional, anyone else have this problem?
Is it just me?
Other than the obvious bad neighbor hood, are there any other places to avoid?

I've never had a problem anywhere, and this was a nice hotel.
Errrr sorry that happened to you. Bad neighborhood+NewYrs eve+wedding/drinking+nice Vette in Lot = recipe for disaster no matter who the culprit was.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:15 PM
perfectlyfrank
Le Mans Master

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12
Cruise-In 8, 9 & 11 Veteran

One simple explanation....

People Suck!
Old 01-07-2014, 03:28 PM
MoEngineer
Intermediate

I should point out that the hotel was not near any party, I think it's in a good neighborhood (not sure I don’t live in Columbia, MO). It happened during that 2 hour window in the early evening.

It was on the edge of the MU campus. And I fully agree "People Suck!"

Anyone notice people are MORE rude, when you’re driving your vette?

I've never had someone cut me off then flip me the bird when I'm driving one of my other vehicles, happens all the time in the vette. The only nice people I meet are driving corvettes also.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:33 PM
Stilcrazee
Melting Slicks

If it makes you feel any better a few years back my wife and I drove the Vette '03 3x black vert down to a concert at what was Verizon Center (near what used to be Harrah's off Rider trail, S of 70) and during the show, Tom Petty and them Heart Breakers, some one felt it was necessary to pour beer all over the car in the parking lot of the venue. Struck me as pretty stupid because I believe we (those who did the deed and my wife and I ) were at the show for the same reason to see the same headliner. We found the mess when we returned to the car and I drove way out of my way to find a coin op car wash the next morning as we left for back home here just outside Chicago. Some people just don't appreciate that others have busted their nuts to get something nice. Haters? No jealous people who want stuff handed to them (or what they feel they are entitled to, ya know? share the wealth?)
Old 01-07-2014, 10:06 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,233 Likes on 13,933 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Sorry this happened to you. I've taken my Vette to Columbia many times over the years and never had any problems there, but as with any town, there are always those that give the town a bad name. Since it was NYE, could have just been one or more jerks that had too much to drink and just happened to target your car. Luckily you were able to get the paint off and it was only on the windows.

Hope you don't think Columbia is a bad place to take your car - it really isn't.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:43 AM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Wow. That really sux.
The chances of that happening again should be pretty low, I would think.

Glad there was no permanent damage.

Get notified of new replies

To Haters will hate

Quick Reply: Haters will hate