Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Clear paint protection question...what is a fair price?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 08:30 PM
imgn tht
Melting Slicks

Received 158 Likes on 131 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13, '15
Default Clear paint protection question...what is a fair price?

My dad is looking to do clear paint protection on a non-Corvette and got a quote for $899 installed. It was for 3M Paint Protection Film 2ft up hood, fender tips and mirrors.

I have no idea if this is reasonable or not. Fwiw, this was a quote from a dealership, I assume an independent shop may a bit less, but quality may come into question.

Is this stuff like tint with different grades that impact pricing?
Old 06-20-2017, 07:36 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,622 Likes on 1,741 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Seems about right. Stealerships are always higher. They probably are contracting it out. Check with a local place. Get a few quotes and referals
The following users liked this post:
imgn tht (06-20-2017)
Old 06-20-2017, 10:47 AM
Curt D
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Go xpel or suntek film. Both are better than 3M. Andy @ clear guard for cars in Hoffman estates does an excellent job.
imgn tht (06-20-2017)
Old 06-20-2017, 03:27 PM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Received 271 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by imgn tht
My dad is looking to do clear paint protection on a non-Corvette and got a quote for $899 installed. It was for 3M Paint Protection Film 2ft up hood, fender tips and mirrors.

I have no idea if this is reasonable or not. Fwiw, this was a quote from a dealership, I assume an independent shop may a bit less, but quality may come into question.

Is this stuff like tint with different grades that impact pricing?
imgn tht,

I have attached some information about general pricing to get your vehicle done. Depending on where you live and what type of vehicle you have, the price can vary.

For a partial front end: This includes 18-24” up the hood and fenders, front bumper, mirrors and sometimes headlights. This ranges from $895 - $1,195.

For full front coverage: This includes the entire hood and front fenders, front bumper, mirrors and sometimes headlights. This ranges from $1,895 - $2,195.

In addition to the full front coverage, the rocker panels are another great place to install for maximum protection.

I have provided a link to installers in the Chicago area. If you have any questions feel free to contact us.

Chicago Installers
imgn tht (06-20-2017)
Old 06-20-2017, 04:04 PM
imgn tht
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13, '15

Originally Posted by XPEL
imgn tht,

I have attached some information about general pricing to get your vehicle done. Depending on where you live and what type of vehicle you have, the price can vary.

For a partial front end: This includes 18-24” up the hood and fenders, front bumper, mirrors and sometimes headlights. This ranges from $895 - $1,195.

For full front coverage: This includes the entire hood and front fenders, front bumper, mirrors and sometimes headlights. This ranges from $1,895 - $2,195.

In addition to the full front coverage, the rocker panels are another great place to install for maximum protection.

I have provided a link to installers in the Chicago area. If you have any questions feel free to contact us.

Chicago Installers
Thank you. Very helpful. Car is a 2014 Toyota Avalon. I passed along the information to my father, specifically Clear Guard for Cars in Hoffman Estates that Curt suggested. The fact that some of these businesses offer mobile services is a huge help for us.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:35 PM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Received 271 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by imgn tht
Thank you. Very helpful. Car is a 2014 Toyota Avalon. I passed along the information to my father, specifically Clear Guard for Cars in Hoffman Estates that Curt suggested. The fact that some of these businesses offer mobile services is a huge help for us.
Your welcome. Our manager for that region even suggested Clear Guard for Cars as one of his go to places in that area.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:14 AM
MVR 155
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In XI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by Curt D
Go xpel or suntek film. Both are better than 3M. Andy @ clear guard for cars in Hoffman estates does an excellent job.

Andy has done multiple vehicles for me, I have found his pricing to be very competitive and his work/customer service is outstanding
Old 06-29-2017, 08:57 PM
imgn tht
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13, '15

Thanks to all here who replied, my dad contacted Andy and has an appointment on the 10th. Very fair prices and my dad was impressed with Andy's level of communication and welcoming nature. He's very excited for his new to him car and after the Weathertech gift card I got him for Father's Day, he can't wait to have the clear guard installed.

Get notified of new replies

To Clear paint protection question...what is a fair price?

Quick Reply: Clear paint protection question...what is a fair price?