Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

[SE MI] Alignment Shop for C5?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 02:40 PM
JD White
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default [SE MI] Alignment Shop for C5?

Hello All,

I'm looking for a shop that can perform a top notch alignment on my C5Z in SE MI. I've got a high-speed shudder issue that occurs >=75mph. If you care to read the background it's here:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...l-balance.html

My wheels/suspension are stock except that the car is lowered 1" all around on C6 bolts. I'm sure a number of shops can do a decent job but I'd prefer one that has a known reputation for competent results with C5s if possible. I'm considering dealers as well but am not sure if they'll quibble about it being lowered.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:38 PM
FKING1
Safety Car

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

Tire Discount House W. Warren & Beech Daly, Dearborn Heights.
Did my C3 with difficult lowered ride height.
Also, Les Stanford , Dearborn, both My C3 & previous C5.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:47 PM
JD White
Racer

Originally Posted by FKING1
Tire Discount House W. Warren & Beech Daly, Dearborn Heights.
Did my C3 with difficult lowered ride height.
Also, Les Stanford , Dearborn, both My C3 & previous C5.
Thank you sir. What price range have you paid in the past?

Lou LaRiche wants $120 which seems fair for a Vette. Matick wants three hours and $350, which is crazy.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:01 PM
FKING1
Safety Car

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by JD White
Thank you sir. What price range have you paid in the past?

Lou LaRiche wants $120 which seems fair for a Vette. Matick wants three hours and $350, which is crazy.
Sorry, don't remember.
IMO $120 or so seems reasonable.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:00 AM
LES STANFORD CHEVY
Platinum Sponsor Since 2004

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

Default Shutter

Hello All,

I'm looking for a shop that can perform a top notch alignment on my C5Z in SE MI. I've got a high-speed shudder issue that occurs >=75mph. If you care to read the background it's here:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...l-balance.html

My wheels/suspension are stock except that the car is lowered 1" all around on C6 bolts. I'm sure a number of shops can do a decent job but I'd prefer one that has a known reputation for competent results with C5s if possible. I'm considering dealers as well but am not sure if they'll quibble about it being lowered.
We at Les Stanford have a new, drive on state of the art alignment machine. We have tackled many of the issues you state. Unlike any other dealer in the mid west, we have the tools, knowledge and techs to help you at a reasonable cost. Call Dan or Mike in service, 313-565-6000.
The following users liked this post:
Boiler_81 (11-15-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 01:23 PM
JD White
Racer

Originally Posted by LES STANFORD CHEVY
We at Les Stanford have a new, drive on state of the art alignment machine. We have tackled many of the issues you state. Unlike any other dealer in the mid west, we have the tools, knowledge and techs to help you at a reasonable cost. Call Dan or Mike in service, 313-565-6000.
Thank you for the heads-up. Your cost is more competitive than the other area dealers as well. I'll see you this week.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:59 AM
LES STANFORD CHEVY

Default Alignment

Thank you for the heads-up. Your cost is more competitive than the other area dealers as well. I'll see you this week.
Thank you and thank you for using our services.

Dennis M. Tap
Corvette Speciallist
Les Stanford Chevrolet
dennis_tap@lesstanford.com
Old 04-15-2018, 11:38 PM
JD White
Racer

Thank you and thank you for using our services.

Dennis M. Tap
Corvette Speciallist
Les Stanford Chevrolet
dennis_tap@lesstanford.com
Dennis or anyone else at Les Standford reading this: please take a few minutes and read the post I've linked to in my original post in this thread. I've updated it with some additional information. I'm getting to the point where I'd like to have a C5 experienced tech take my car for a spin to see if they can pinpoint my issue without just throwing parts at it. Thank you!
Old 04-18-2018, 09:24 AM
LES STANFORD CHEVY

Default Shudder

Dennis or anyone else at Les Standford reading this: please take a few minutes and read the post I've linked to in my original post in this thread. I've updated it with some additional information. I'm getting to the point where I'd like to have a C5 experienced tech take my car for a spin to see if they can pinpoint my issue without just throwing parts at it. Thank you!
Morning JD,

Thanks for the note back. I read the difficulties you have encountered, I would definitely lean toward your alignment. Since you made a complete wheel and tire exchange and it still occurs would rule out any tire or wheel problem. The alignment check run on a computerized state of the art alignment rack will find the problem. I would suggest you invest in the alignment to find the problem and then see what correction is needed. Please call Mike or Dan in service at 313-724-1453 . We have a technician for alignment who is superb and well versed in the Corvette. Please call me with any questions at 7340176-3212 please. Thank you.

Dennis M. Tap
Corvette Specilaist
Les Stanford Chevrolet.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:12 AM
JD White
Racer

Morning JD,

Thanks for the note back. I read the difficulties you have encountered, I would definitely lean toward your alignment. Since you made a complete wheel and tire exchange and it still occurs would rule out any tire or wheel problem. The alignment check run on a computerized state of the art alignment rack will find the problem. I would suggest you invest in the alignment to find the problem and then see what correction is needed. Please call Mike or Dan in service at 313-724-1453 . We have a technician for alignment who is superb and well versed in the Corvette. Please call me with any questions at 7340176-3212 please. Thank you.

Dennis M. Tap
Corvette Specilaist
Les Stanford Chevrolet.
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the reply. I already brought it to you guys for an alignment last year. I think you missed my last reply at the end of the thread with my updates and thoughts about the power steering. I've disconnected the magnasteer and am going to see if that has an impact when the weather cooperates.

Get notified of new replies

To [SE MI] Alignment Shop for C5?

Quick Reply: [SE MI] Alignment Shop for C5?