Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Chicagoland Crew-Where is best place to buy a good helmet.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 11:02 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Chicagoland Crew-Where is best place to buy a good helmet.

I know i can go into any motorcyle shop to buy one, but i was wondering is their a specific shop or helmet store that has the best prices or a sale going on now, for a quality helmet for the upcoming drag racing season this spring?

Thanks,

MTI 427 Roadster

[Modified by MTI 427 Roadster, 10:18 AM 1/8/2003]
Old 01-08-2003, 10:34 AM
BubbleHead
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Chicagoland Crew-Where is best place to buy a good helmet. (MTI 427 Roadster)

I have a card for the shop I got mine from, just have to find the business card. Hang tight and I'll hopefully find it for you. :thumbs:
Old 01-09-2003, 12:16 AM
Patrick96LT4
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran
Default Re: Chicagoland Crew-Where is best place to buy a good helmet. (BubbleHead)

Ebay has a zillion helmets.

Old 01-09-2003, 12:26 AM
Ruff Ryder
Instructor

Default Re: Chicagoland Crew-Where is best place to buy a good helmet. (Patrick96LT4)

Patrick,
Hmm,
I got cut off by a GS today leaving the resturant parking lot!
Probably not you...... ;) :D :D
Old 01-09-2003, 02:13 AM
BubbleHead
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Chicagoland Crew-Where is best place to buy a good helmet. (MTI 427 Roadster)

Sorry Jim, I'll keep looking, but I can't find the name of the shop. I know I have the guys card somewhere.

I would highly recommend buying a helmet you can try on first. I went through 3 before I found one that fit "right".
Old 01-09-2003, 02:57 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: Chicagoland Crew-Where is best place to buy a good helmet. (BubbleHead)

I would highly recommend buying a helmet you can try on first. I went through 3 before I found one that fit "right".[/QUOTE]

:iagree: Tim 100%. That is why ebay will not work for me. How about at the upcoming drag race expo? Any good prices on helmets there. Dude, are you no longer working at the vettewrench? :confused: The reason i asked is b/c i saw a recent post where you stated you were not working right now.

MTI 427 Roadster
Old 01-09-2003, 10:34 PM
BIG LAW MAN
Drifting

If you find a helmet you like, check out http://www.helmetshop.com They have always had the lowest prices on helmets.
Old 01-10-2003, 12:19 AM
BubbleHead
Melting Slicks

No, I'm no longer work at the Vette Wrench. I couldn't afford the driving to the shop after 6 months and no pay check. Some how Brian confused my reason with a lack of interest in the shop and has since locked me out of everything.

Now, if I could just get ahold of him... he owes me a large amount of money and I need my personal stuff from the shop.
Old 01-10-2003, 12:35 AM
Patrick96LT4
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran
Default Re: Chicagoland Crew-Where is best place to buy a good helmet. (Ruff Ryder)

Patrick,
Hmm,
I got cut off by a GS today leaving the resturant parking lot!
Probably not you...... ;) :D :D
Ruff Ryder,

Cute dog. Woof.
Old 01-10-2003, 09:11 AM
shftn6
Pro

Very Interesting

No, I'm no longer work at the Vette Wrench. I couldn't afford the driving to the shop after 6 months and no pay check. Some how Brian confused my reason with a lack of interest in the shop and has since locked me out of everything.

Now, if I could just get ahold of him... he owes me a large amount of money and I need my personal stuff from the shop.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:24 AM
Patrick96LT4
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran
Default Re: Chicagoland Crew-Where is best place to buy a good helmet. (shftn6)

Very Interesting

:eek: :lurk:
Old 01-10-2003, 11:16 AM
War Machine
Le Mans Master

Location: Airport Cruise-in 1 Veteran Airport Cruise-in 2 Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

{On soap box}
I said it last year and I'll say it again. We need more safety equipment, like helmets, available to us in the forum mall. :thumbs:
{Off soap box}

I'm looking for one too. :seeya
Old 01-10-2003, 01:22 PM
Patrick96LT4
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran
Default Re: (War Machine)

Here is a link to shops in Illinois that sell helmets....
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...c7d&forumid=13

Old 01-10-2003, 01:25 PM
War Machine
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran
Default Re: (Patrick96LT4)

:cool: Thanks Patrick!! :thumbs:
Old 01-10-2003, 01:34 PM
War Machine
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

What ratings should we be looking for? SA2000?
Old 01-10-2003, 01:38 PM
Patrick96LT4
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran
Default Re: (War Machine)

What ratings should we be looking for? SA2000?
I've invited those companies to join in the discussion to answer questions. Post your questions there so the see them. I'm sure they know all the dragstrips, and the IHRA and NHRA requirements.

:auto:
Old 01-10-2003, 03:46 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: Chicagoland Crew-Where is best place to buy a good helmet. (Patrick96LT4)

Very Interesting

GUYS, This thread was started by me as to an inquirey regarding who has good helmets for cheap. THe last thing i want to turn this thread into is a discussion about specifics, issues, etc. regarding why Tim is not at the Vettewrench anymore, as that has nothing to do with any of us except Tim and the Vettewrench.'

I was just surprised to see he was no longer there and in hindsight, should have maybe emailed him personally. Let's PLEASE just stick to the discussions of helmets here and not Tim's relationship with the Vette wrench, etc.

Sorry i even made the inquirey as to whether he was still there and let's just leave it at that! :cheers:

MTI 427 Roadster

Get notified of new replies

To Chicagoland Crew-Where is best place to buy a good helmet.

Old 01-10-2003, 11:44 PM
Patrick96LT4
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

Very Interesting

GUYS, This thread was started by me as to an inquirey regarding who has good helmets for cheap. THe last thing i want to turn this thread into is a discussion about specifics, issues, etc. regarding why Tim is not at the Vettewrench anymore, as that has nothing to do with any of us except Tim and the Vettewrench.'

I was just surprised to see he was no longer there and in hindsight, should have maybe emailed him personally. Let's PLEASE just stick to the discussions of helmets here and not Tim's relationship with the Vette wrench, etc.

Sorry i even made the inquirey as to whether he was still there and let's just leave it at that! :cheers:

MTI 427 Roadster
One of the helmet places in my post above custom paints helmets ... i'm thinking a GS theme.... heheheheh :hurray:
Old 01-11-2003, 09:58 AM
War Machine
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

One of the helmet places in my post above custom paints helmets ... i'm thinking a GS theme.... heheheheh :hurray:
I saw that. :D The GS theme would look :cool:

I'm going with a white helmet so I can get the Gene Simmons face paint theme going once I get the $$$. :yesnod:
Old 01-12-2003, 07:41 PM
BubbleHead
Melting Slicks

MTI 427 Roadster
My Bad, sometimes I'm a little too open when I'm asked a question.

Quick Reply: Chicagoland Crew-Where is best place to buy a good helmet.