Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Supporting member can't post pics in threads

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 07:51 PM
vettesrm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supporting member can't post pics in threads

I read the "How to" under the FAQ link, but can't seem to get it on how to up load pics to my posts. I am a supporting member so this is not an issue. I must be missing somehting "right under my nose"

Can some one help with the proper steps.

Thanks
Old 08-14-2006, 08:53 PM
blacksedan87
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor

As a Supporting member, you have the ability to upload pics directly from your P.C. If you look below the white box that you type in when you start or reply to a thread, you'll see two pink boxes - one labeled Miscellaneous Options and below that one labled Attach Files

Within the second pink box there is a gray button that you can click on labled Manage Attachments. Single click on that button and a new window opens up also called Manage Attachments. There are six fields for text with another gray button labled Browse. Click on the first Browse button, it will open up a File Upload window on your P.C. Select the file that you wish to upload by clicking on it and you will be taken back to the Manage Attachments window - but now the entire file name of the file you selected will be entered on the first line. If you have more files that you wish to upload - you simply click on the next Browse button and repeat the procedure. When you are finished upload all the files, on the right of the lines is another button labled Upload.

Your files will be uploaded, it takes a few minutes depending on your internet connection, but when you're done you'll see some symbols in the Attach Files box indicating the files are uploaded and will be attached to your post - the symbols will indicate the type of file as well, if it is an MS-Excel document, it will have the Excel symbol.

Clear as mud?
Old 08-14-2006, 09:05 PM
vettesrm
Instructor

Originally Posted by blacksedan87
As a Supporting member, you have the ability to upload pics directly from your P.C. If you look below the white box that you type in when you start or reply to a thread, you'll see two pink boxes - one labeled Miscellaneous Options and below that one labled Attach Files

Within the second pink box there is a gray button that you can click on labled Manage Attachments. Single click on that button and a new window opens up also called Manage Attachments. There are six fields for text with another gray button labled Browse. Click on the first Browse button, it will open up a File Upload window on your P.C. Select the file that you wish to upload by clicking on it and you will be taken back to the Manage Attachments window - but now the entire file name of the file you selected will be entered on the first line. If you have more files that you wish to upload - you simply click on the next Browse button and repeat the procedure. When you are finished upload all the files, on the right of the lines is another button labled Upload.

Your files will be uploaded, it takes a few minutes depending on your internet connection, but when you're done you'll see some symbols in the Attach Files box indicating the files are uploaded and will be attached to your post - the symbols will indicate the type of file as well, if it is an MS-Excel document, it will have the Excel symbol.

Clear as mud?
Thanks. All the steps you state above I have been able to do. Once I upload the picture it shows the file below the browse spaces listed under "current attachments". However, when I go to the post I'm trying to attach the file to, it does show not show as being attached nor do I see anything indicating it is attached. There is a pull down menu at the top right that says attachments, but I click on it and and only gives me that option..attachments but nothing is executed. I have high speed internet so uploading is fast. I simply am missing something...
Old 08-14-2006, 09:27 PM
blacksedan87
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I don't think so - that's what I do and it works.....
Old 08-15-2006, 06:32 AM
MrWhan
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 3-4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Below is a before the upload and one after showing the attached files...

Try one in this thread. So I can see what your post looks like and see if I can see something different about it.
Attached Images    
Old 08-15-2006, 09:44 AM
vettesrm
Instructor

Originally Posted by 98Pace97Coupe
Below is a before the upload and one after showing the attached files...

Try one in this thread. So I can see what your post looks like and see if I can see something different about it.

Thanks all. I finally got it to work. I'm good to go !
Old 08-15-2006, 11:17 AM
MrWhan
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 3-4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by vettesrm
Thanks all. I finally got it to work. I'm good to go !

Get notified of new replies

To Supporting member can't post pics in threads

Quick Reply: Supporting member can't post pics in threads