Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Pictures not showing - all, CF and personal

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 10:01 PM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

Received 250 Likes on 173 Posts

Default Pictures not showing - all, CF and personal

All icons, gifs, pictures, and so on are not loading. There are 70 items typically waiting to load, and the Corvette image is what is hanging up.

Right now it is https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/images/misc/c2.jpg that is hanging. Before I changed the skin for my profile, it was https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/images/misc/c7.jpg that wouldn't load.

Any ideas?
Old 01-10-2008, 06:21 AM
MrWhan
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CI 3-4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Procrastination Racing
All icons, gifs, pictures, and so on are not loading. There are 70 items typically waiting to load, and the Corvette image is what is hanging up.

Right now it is https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/images/misc/c2.jpg that is hanging. Before I changed the skin for my profile, it was https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/images/misc/c7.jpg that wouldn't load.

Any ideas?
From time to time the c7 image failed for some people and hung them up. This is the first I have heard about the c2 skin doing it. Usually changing away from c7 (or the C6 skin) fixed it.

Try deleting all your temporary internet files and see if that helps. That sometimes fixes images such as the smileys not animating, etc.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

This seems to be the only computer in the house that isn't getting any pictures. It doesn't get the gifs, the buttons, nothing that is a piece of artwork. Netscape does ok, but not my IE. I had to reformat and reinstall all on this a few weeks ago and the IE is at a standard install, not customized, so I don't know anything that should be blocking pictures.

I've tried deleting temporary files and such, but still they don't load.

They wouldn't be controlled now by a script or an Active X, would they? Maybe something in the virus software, but I would think that would affect Netscape, also.

I'd stick with the Netscape, but it doesn't seem to have the spell checker working with it.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:59 AM
MrWhan
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 3-4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Procrastination Racing
This seems to be the only computer in the house that isn't getting any pictures. It doesn't get the gifs, the buttons, nothing that is a piece of artwork. Netscape does ok, but not my IE. I had to reformat and reinstall all on this a few weeks ago and the IE is at a standard install, not customized, so I don't know anything that should be blocking pictures.

I've tried deleting temporary files and such, but still they don't load.

They wouldn't be controlled now by a script or an Active X, would they? Maybe something in the virus software, but I would think that would affect Netscape, also.

I'd stick with the Netscape, but it doesn't seem to have the spell checker working with it.
The only other thing I can think of is a firewall that is restricting them. Are you running one of those on that computer?
Old 01-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Mark_Milner
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts

I have some similar issues, like I said in the other thread on slow loading pages. The c7.jpg doesn't load, so I log in and then the c2.jpg doesn't load. Then the artwork on all the buttons and symbols don't show on the page.

And of course, no one's posted pictures show.

This is the only web site that has that problem, and when I leave this one, I have to close Internet Explorer because then all the pictures and artwork are missing from other websites, like Yahoo, like Internet Explorer has been reset to block pictures.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

Windows did another update today and now the pictures load OK. I think something in the automatic update last week messed up my settings somewhere. The c7 and c2 images loaded without issue. The GDI update issue was loaded last week and then again today. It is involving jpegs so I think their upload last week screwed things up.

I guess I was one of the unlucky ones to have the update corrupt rather than fix things.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:53 AM
Lorin D
Instructor

I am having problems with the attachments , they
will not appear.

Get notified of new replies

To Pictures not showing - all, CF and personal

Quick Reply: Pictures not showing - all, CF and personal