Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

new forum thoughts

Old 12-18-2013, 06:04 PM
funz06
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 86 Posts
Default new forum thoughts

We were instructed to send any thoughts about the "new" forum to the "help" area.

With that in mind. I think the new forum site looks very nice---easy to see that it took a lot of effort. I would take the complaints you receive with a grain of salt---change is rarely welcomed; plus there are just some folks that would complain about having to go to the bank to cash the check if they won the lottery---that is just the way it is.

I do have 2 suggestions based upon my own experience and from communicating with others. First, as FYI, there are a ton of us that have no clue that a "help" desk section even exists, never mind how to get to it. We see it referenced in some threads, and some wiseguys rudely try to belittle folks in responses when they tell us to just go to the help area---which certainly makes some folks hesitant to use the forum. In my case, about 2 weeks ago a Moderator kindly told me about it, but until he forwarded me a link that my daughter bookmarked for me, I still had no idea how to access it. Accordingly, may I suggest listing the link to the "help" desk section as a permanent thread in the "announcement" section above the "sticky' section. Yes, still most will miss it, but at least there will be a common place for the wiseguys to refer folks to, and the user will be able to actually access the 'help" area.

Second, when folks do post a thread asking a question, even if it doesn't technically belong in that section of the forum; or it correctly belongs in the "help" area, could the Moderators consider leaving it alone for maybe 24 or 48 hours before referring the OP to the "help" area or "moving" the thread? Usually, another member gives the correct, succinct answer within that time period and the issue is resolved to everyone's satisfaction. Then the thread can just be removed. And lastly, when a Moderator does 'move' a thread, would it be possible for them to 1st send a PM to the OP explaining why; then wait a few hours--see the above 24 to 48 hour suggestion? The PM from the Moderator would go a long way in "customer relations."

Again, excellent job with the new improvements---we are lucky to have such a site. thank you for your dedication and hard work. Jim

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new forum thoughts