Very slow forum today - Is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 03:56 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Default Very slow forum today - Is it just me?

First, I'll admit that the fast forum speeds for the last year or so have spoiled me.

But forum speeds this afternoon (5/29/15) have been pretty slow. Takes 12-15 seconds to go from one forum to another. Takes 20-25 seconds to add a post to an existing thread.

Any help for this?

Well, just to make me out a liar, it took about 2 seconds for this new thread to post after I hit the submit new thread button.

Last edited by Vette_DD; 05-29-2015 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:35 PM
redvtt
Team Owner

Location: All great change begins at the dinner table Ronald Reagan
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Seeing this as well. Looks like the ads are taking up time to load.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:03 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

It has been ridiculously slow for me the last several weeks. Today it is even worse.

I pinged corvetteforum.com and the ping request timed out all 4 tries. 100% loss. It did this a couple of nights ago also.

Other websites ping okay, so I know it isn't me. CF is slow on both of my computers.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:09 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

CorvetteForum does not respond to pings. Devices (routers, servers, etc.,) can be set to not respond to pings. There are different reasons why this may be done. But the fact is this doesn't necessarily mean packet loss.

100% packet loss would mean you couldn't even reach the site. At all. Even a percentage in the single digits would be extremely difficult, if not almost impossible, to reach the site.

By the way, try pinging eBay. Your results may vary, but eBay doesn't always respond to ping requests and they are not offline during those.

Originally Posted by Bruze
It has been ridiculously slow for me the last several weeks. Today it is even worse.

I pinged corvetteforum.com and the ping request timed out all 4 tries. 100% loss. It did this a couple of nights ago also.

Other websites ping okay, so I know it isn't me. CF is slow on both of my computers.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:23 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Originally Posted by J T
CorvetteForum does not respond to pings. Devices (routers, servers, etc.,) can be set to not respond to pings. There are different reasons why this may be done. But the fact is this doesn't necessarily mean packet loss.

100% packet loss would mean you couldn't even reach the site. At all. Even a percentage in the single digits would be extremely difficult, if not almost impossible, to reach the site.

By the way, try pinging eBay. Your results may vary, but eBay doesn't always respond to ping requests and they are not offline during those.
Well, that's interesting, I did not know that.

However, I've pinged CF a few times when it seemed slow since I've been here (15 months) and it was normal or a bit slower than other sites. It has never been 0 til the other day.

And the forum HAS been noticeably slower for me -- off and on -- in recent weeks. It could be something in between us, but some others here have noticed it too -- FWIW.

When any forum seems to be unreachable, I enter it into http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/ . I've done it with CF when it isn't working right and that site often tells me it is okay -- so sometimes it IS something between us.

Get notified of new replies

To Very slow forum today - Is it just me?

Quick Reply: Very slow forum today - Is it just me?