Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Restoration Section - Request to add

Old 03-10-2017, 10:07 PM
Bodageta1995
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Restoration Section - Request to add

I'm requesting that a restoration section be added for C4 and older. I've owned lots of C3's and restored a C2 but had C4s in the 80's. Now I have a C4 but its not new like in the 80's but I still want to improve it and keep it as original as possible. I'm ok with folks who customize if it's their thing and I might even too but if it's an original unmolested car I tend toward keeping it all original. There really isn't much out there from NCRS or other on restoring C4's. Things like should so and so be flat black, semi gloss etc and I have an 89 and would like to know if the exaust tips should be fully black or partially black (possibly they got only a partial shot at the factory)? Anyhow, I'm requesting a section be added to Tech and General and that is Restoration. Now I see Corvettes selling all the time that say restored and they have a hood scoop and lowered and custom seats etc. Thats not restored. To each his own. I'm just looking for a place where when a guy has need or a question to see how the corvette where when built there is an unofficial resource. A member with a low mileage car might take a photo to help a buddy out etc.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Restoration Section - Request to add