Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Admins please check the system.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 06:13 PM
The Creeper
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 39 Posts

Default Admins please check the system.

For the last week I have been getting bombarded by trogans on CFOT, on my Mac. Please check for a cause.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:29 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There's about two ways this could be from CorvetteForum. 1) A rogue ad. Please see below. 2) Member posted a link to a comprised website that you clicked on.

Anytime there is a major issue on CorvetteForum's end, such as what you describe, the issue is reported by numerous members to accumulate into a multi-page thread.

Given you indicate the issue has been occurring for 1 week, and that this is the first report that I'm aware of, this makes me suspect you may need to ensure your system is secure and may need to consider other possible sources besides CorvetteForum.

Also, use good practice by not clicking on any unknown links, downloading unknown software, and keeping an updated, and secure, browser and operating system.

Originally Posted by The Creeper
For the last week I have been getting bombarded by trogans on CFOT, on my Mac. Please check for a cause.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:47 AM
The Creeper
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 39 Posts

I was able to isolated it to the corvette forum by only linking there when first opening CF and not clicking on any external links the last time I got them. It was a push that produced in page redirect to false flash update request. I know enough to not allow those, but some members may fall for them. It seems to be isolated to my iMac and I don't get them on my iPad. Never saw this before the past week. It is pretty subtle and other members with iMacs may not realize it is happening.

It was Safari browser, if that helps.

Thanks for your response.
Dana.

Last edited by The Creeper; 08-16-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:28 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would suggest you clear your browser's data and also make sure your machine isn't infected:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203987

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

Originally Posted by The Creeper
I was able to isolated it to the corvette forum by only linking there when first opening CF and not clicking on any external links the last time I got them. It was a push that produced in page redirect to false flash update request. I know enough to not allow those, but some members may fall for them. It seems to be isolated to my iMac and I don't get them on my iPad. Never saw this before the past week. It is pretty subtle and other members with iMacs may not realize it is happening.

It was Safari browser, if that helps.

Thanks for your response.
Dana.

Get notified of new replies

To Admins please check the system.