Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 02:46 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 234 Likes on 143 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Default Photobucket linked pics

So, I have several threads from over the years that contained pics linked from photobucket that I have been meaning to upload here since the issues with photobucket. I went to start doing this, and I noticed that in some of my threads like these one:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...onversion.html

The pics that were previously linked from photobucket are now showing up again with [attach].....[/attach] tags

While some other of my threads like this one:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...led-halos.html

Most, but not all, of the previously photobucket linked pics have been replaced with [attach]....[/attach] tags

And some of my threads, like this one:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...t-grilles.html

None of the photobucket pics have been replaced with the [attach]....[/attach] tags

Just wondering how this is happening, and is there some way I can make all my old pics show up again.

Last edited by 7t2vette; 10-06-2017 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:53 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The short answer is the changes you see was from a back-end process that was trying to restore the photos - such as developers doing so with browser plugins. I'm not sure the current status.

You need to host the images on CorvetteForum (either Attachment or Gallery) or use another 3rd party host that is open to repeating this. CorvetteForum has no control over Photobucket and their policies or any other service outside of CorvetteForum.
Old 10-07-2017, 03:30 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 234 Likes on 143 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by J T
The short answer is the changes you see was from a back-end process that was trying to restore the photos - such as developers doing so with browser plugins. I'm not sure the current status.

You need to host the images on CorvetteForum (either Attachment or Gallery) or use another 3rd party host that is open to repeating this. CorvetteForum has no control over Photobucket and their policies or any other service outside of CorvetteForum.
Thanks for the reply. I realize that the forum has no control over outside services, I was just wondering how my pics were suddenly showing up again, and if there was some way that I could do the same thing through a simple edit of the pic tags. I guess not.

Get notified of new replies

To Photobucket linked pics

Quick Reply: Photobucket linked pics