Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Can anybody explain to me how to capture a screen shot?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 03:57 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Can anybody explain to me how to capture a screen shot?

I have seen people do this but I have no idea how. I want to capture a picture of the screen I'm viewing. I'm running Firefox on Windows 7, if that matters.
Old 07-28-2018, 04:45 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

On Windows there's a Print Screen feature. Press Print Screen key on keyboard and it copies the contents to the clipboard. You then need to save it as an image.

On Windows 10 you can press the Windows key and Print Screen and it will automatically take a screen capture, save it, and file it under the Pictures/Screenshots directory.
Old 07-28-2018, 05:21 PM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Ya, I don't know why but I can never get that to work. I have "Prt Scr" on my keyboard but whenever I press it, nothing happens.
Old 07-28-2018, 05:41 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VegasJen
Ya, I don't know why but I can never get that to work. I have "Prt Scr" on my keyboard but whenever I press it, nothing happens.
Just pressing it will copy the screen capture to Windows clipboard and you likely won't see anything happen as it's done in the background. Assuming it's not a shared key function on the keyboard. As I said above, you then need to save the picture from the clipboard. You'll need to open a graphics program or Windows' Paint then use the Paste command to retrieve the screen capture from the clipboard to save it.

But if you have Windows 10, follow what I stated above because it's more automated.

Since only you know the details of your system (OS, keyboard, etc.,) and this is more of a computer/Windows usage question, Google might be a better way to research your question with more details to include steps and recommended programs to use if you want to do more than screen capture (such as adding notes and graphics to the screen capture).

Get notified of new replies

To Can anybody explain to me how to capture a screen shot?