Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Retrieving old threads/posts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 03:57 PM
Z Factor
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Retrieving old threads/posts?

I have always assumed we could go back and find thread from as long ago as we have been members, or for that matter from when the forum started. I recently went to find an old post which I suspected was in 2015, but I could only find posts of mine from 2017 till now.
Yet I remember years ago finding an old thread or post going back 5 or more years. Has the forum changed in some fashion to where you need to look up older threads/posts that I am unaware of?

TIA
Old 09-23-2018, 05:46 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The limitation will come in how many results are returned from your search. More generic results will quickly hit the limitation of the search and likely only show recent results. If you want old threads via search, you need to be very specific so that it will find the results before the limitation is reached. So use the Advanced Search and narrow down to a specific forum, by a specific member with specific keywords.

You could also change the sort order of the forum listing from oldest to newest. That would show the oldest threads.

In short, old threads are still accessible. It's about either using the Search specifically to find them or changing sort order. Since there's currently over 3.8 million threads and 56 million posts, the search cannot process all that information for one search. Very few forums like CorvetteForum could. That's a lot of data to process!

Quick Reply: Retrieving old threads/posts?