Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

log off

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 07:41 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Default log off

why can`t I log off? I click in the red bar or above on my name and by the time I move the curser the log off box disappears...I realize this is a new forum and your still working out the bugs but really?
Old 10-17-2018, 08:12 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by redvetracr
why can`t I log off? I click in the red bar or above on my name and by the time I move the curser the log off box disappears...I realize this is a new forum and your still working out the bugs but really?
No problem for me using the Log Out in the upper right corner.

If you're saying the menu doesn't draw on the screen quickly, that's an good indication of you having a CPU load issue on your computer. Your browser is the one that draws the menu as the code is already loaded in your browser's memory. Clicking on it supposed to execute the code that's already stored on your computer's memory.

Also, the forum software is not new nor is the underlying code.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:53 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Originally Posted by J T
No problem for me using the Log Out in the upper right corner.

If you're saying the menu doesn't draw on the screen quickly, that's an good indication of you having a CPU load issue on your computer. Your browser is the one that draws the menu as the code is already loaded in your browser's memory. Clicking on it supposed to execute the code that's already stored on your computer's memory.

Also, the forum software is not new nor is the underlying code.

Interesting how only at CF do I have these issues...
Old 10-18-2018, 10:22 AM
J T
IB Staff

I doubt CorvetteForum is the only site. Each site is different with varying content and structure. But if you're still using a computer old enough to be running Windows XP as you were the last time you reported an issue, that's a problem right there in more ways than one.
Old 10-18-2018, 01:28 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Originally Posted by J T
I doubt CorvetteForum is the only site. Each site is different with varying content and structure. But if you're still using a computer old enough to be running Windows XP as you were the last time you reported an issue, that's a problem right there in more ways than one.

new Lenovo Chromebook for almost a year now
Old 10-25-2018, 07:02 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,341 Likes on 1,093 Posts

I'm not looking to "pile on", but I've had the same issue pop up a couple of times, within the last couple of days. In fact, I'm 99.9% certain that I logged off this morning, yet when I came back here several minutes ago, after being away for about 8 hours, I found that I was still logged on. And I've also experienced some erratic operation, over the last couple of days. It's VERY frustrating to experience this, and as much as I realize that this website allows us to access it for free, therefore if I'm not happy I can go elsewhere, I, like many others, have been accustomed to spending a fair amount of time here. It's a cool place to hang out.BUT, as "redvetracr" mentioned, I find that this happens more here, than any other site.....
Old 10-25-2018, 07:19 PM
J T
IB Staff

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
I'm not looking to "pile on", but I've had the same issue pop up a couple of times, within the last couple of days. In fact, I'm 99.9% certain that I logged off this morning, yet when I came back here several minutes ago, after being away for about 8 hours, I found that I was still logged on. And I've also experienced some erratic operation, over the last couple of days. It's VERY frustrating to experience this, and as much as I realize that this website allows us to access it for free, therefore if I'm not happy I can go elsewhere, I, like many others, have been accustomed to spending a fair amount of time here. It's a cool place to hang out.BUT, as "redvetracr" mentioned, I find that this happens more here, than any other site.....
"leadfoot4" Your issue doesn't sound the same as OP. That can make a big difference. OP claims the menu draws slowly and then disappears. You state you're certain you used the log out feature and still was logged in. Very different issues that, even though are regarding Log Out, have nothing to do with each other.

OP clams the pop-up draws slowly. That is a sign of a taxed CPU/resource issue local to the computer. The code to draw the pop-up is downloaded into the browser/computer memory when the page is loaded. When the user triggers the menu, the user's browser/computer draws it from code already downloaded and in memory on the computer. Not CorvetteForum or CF's servers. The OP states using Chromebook. Chromebooks are generally low-powered, budget, specific duty (there are exceptions, of course) because a Chrome OS is much different than a Windows OS.

The "Log Out" link on the red nav bar, which appears on all forum pages, is simply a plain link. If that doesn't work, my guess is there is something going on with the computer if it can't handle a basic hyperlink.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:01 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,341 Likes on 1,093 Posts

Originally Posted by J T
"leadfoot4" Your issue doesn't sound the same as OP. That can make a big difference. OP claims the menu draws slowly and then disappears. You state you're certain you used the log out feature and still was logged in. Very different issues that, even though are regarding Log Out, have nothing to do with each other.
JT, I said that two things were happening. One WAS the same as "redvet" was experiencing, in that I'd click on the "log out" words, on the right hand side pull down, the box with "are you sure you want to log out" would appear, but not in the middle of the screen, as has been "normal" for my laptop, but rather at the very top of the screen, then it would blink out, before I could click on it. That was happening on Wednesday. Yesterday, was when I don't think the log-out occurred. And just for the record, the Forum has been acting strangely, for the last 2-3 days. I don't know how else to describe it. Sorry......

Get notified of new replies

To log off

Quick Reply: log off